[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide I want to get more into turn-based JRPGs >remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV.jpg (36 KB, 256x230) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV.jpg
36 KB, 256x230
>decide I want to get more into turn-based JRPGs
>remember that I had this game on my 3DS
>decide to play it b/c it's the closest possible thing to Persona, another series I want to get into
>play for a couple of hours
>"Well this isn't that hard at all."
>get to the twin Nagas in the first dungeon
>get one-shotted TWICE
Well fuck me. Advice, /v/?
>>
>>319821889

Look for weaknesses in enemies. Try different magic / attacks / gun attacks and remember what effects the different enemies.

Also save often. It's not like other mainline games with save points so use the function.

I would also start making sure your team is varied with spells by now as you will soon be facing a few of the hardest bosses in the game.

Buff - ice
Agi - fire
Zan - force
Zio - electricity

Guns are also pretty good in SMT IV and really powerful late game.

Enjoy OP - I recently completed it as my first SMT game and loved it. My personal GOTY 2015. I'm now 30 hours into Nocturne.
>>
>>319821889
just exploit weaknesses nigga. Leanr as many magic spells as you can as well a phys attack. Also talk to as many demons as you can. The first area isnt hard if you talk to them recruit demons and fuse them.
>>
>>319823142
>Guns are also pretty good in SMT IV and really powerful late game.
Alright, so I should be putting points into that. Okay then.

Should I be fusing demons already? I don't want to out of fear of losing skills I find useful, like Dia.

>>319823351
Should I be talking to more of the same kind of demon?
>>
>>319823536
>>319823351
you can. for fusing and stuff just get a lot of demons and explore new options. Also if you have the same demon in your stash or party and talk to said same demon that you are fighting they will either give you mana, health, money, or items. thats gotten me out of really bas situations.
>>
>>319823536

Fuse new demons. Always. You can transfer what skills carry forwards to your new guys.

I'd also make sure you buy upgrades with those points or whatever they were, like more skills per demon and more demons in stock.
>>
persona is easier than regular SMT so if you finish SMT 4 you should be gucci for persona.
>>
>>319823536
>I don't want to out of fear of losing skills
I'm not entirely sure, but I think when you fuse demons they get added to the compendium and they retain the skills they had at the time. So as long as you have the money you can always re-summon them with all the skills they last had.
>>
>>319824313
you can register them into the compendium. it makes it able to buy them at the level and with the skills you registered them at.
>>
>>319823536
Guns are dumb OP, put most of your points in magic
>>
File: 1427059953688.png (18 KB, 100x88) Image search: [Google]
1427059953688.png
18 KB, 100x88
>>319821889
Always go LAW__
>>
>>319824704
>>319821889
just play through and see what ending you get. I find it more fun.
>>
File: 1447776753959.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447776753959.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>319824902
This, to be frank, familia.
Then if you really loved the game go and playthrough again to get all the other endings.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.