[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YouTube is a huge part of gaming culture, and people on YouTube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: wiiu.png (659 KB, 833x598) Image search: [Google]
wiiu.png
659 KB, 833x598
>YouTube is a huge part of gaming culture, and people on YouTube love playing and sharing Nintendo games. Unfortunately, sharing Wii U gameplay videos on YouTube was a nightmare in 2015, thanks to Nintendo’s draconian stance on copyright claims. Nintendo’s YouTube revenue sharing program kind of sucks, too, but at this point YouTubers might just have to take what they can get.
>Nintendo also cracked down hard on some of the more niche communities that have helped the Wii U’s fandom grow into what it is today. Speedrunners, who helped build the remix culture that Mario Maker draws so heavily from, saw many of their beloved accomplishments with emulated Mario games wiped from existence on YouTube. These are the same people who are keeping Mario Maker alive right now—they don’t have a choice, really. If they want to make elaborate Mario creations, they have to play Mario Maker. In 2015, it sometimes felt like Nintendo was betraying some of its most hardcore fans, and given that the Wii U is so reliant on the evangelizing efforts of the community, that’s not just awful, it’s counterproductive.
>Here at the tail end of 2015, the Wii U feels kind of barren. There was the download-only Fatal Frame, a game that might not fit on your Wii U. There was Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is actually pretty good, but a bit obscure. Oh, and, uh….Mario Tennis?
>While there are a few exciting games in the horizon—Zelda, SMT X Fire Emblem, and the Pokémon fighting game, for example—it feels like the Wii U lost momentum in 2015. For most owners, I would imagine that isn’t a big deal: the Wii U has been considered a ‘secondary’ console by a lot of people, the sort of thing that complements something like a PS4, Xbox One, or PC. Despite some great games and killer moments, the Wii U’s sidekick role didn’t really change in 2015. And next year, we’ll already be hearing about its successor.

Thoughts on this, lads?
>>
>>319820032

>WiiU
>secondary console

What the fuck? She doesn't know what she's talking about.
>>
>>319820252
I definitely agree. With no third party support, a Wii U is not a first choice for a console, since it gets a good game, maybe once every few months. Owning a PC or a PS4 (inb4 epic no games meme) as well is really necessary if you actually want something to play.
>>
>>319820032
>>YouTube is a huge part of gaming culture
Disgusting
>>
File: not amused.jpg (33 KB, 680x490) Image search: [Google]
not amused.jpg
33 KB, 680x490
>>319820032
>Lets you keep the video up regardless
>"Nintendo’s draconian stance on copyright claims."

Since when has "sharing" became 100% dependant on the so-called "sharer" making money on what they're supposedbly "sharing?"
>>
>>319820252
Wii U is always sidekick though. If not to PS4 then certainly to PC. You can't really stand alone with a Wii U if you want to have a consistent stream of games to play. This is one of the things that Nintendo can never account for because no matter how big they are they cannot support a console all by themselves. They need a lot of third parties to keep the release lists full.
>>
>>319820032
Didn't you make this exact same thread a few hours ago?

Am I in a time loop again?
>>
>>319820432
I play Wii U way, way more than I do my Playstation
>>
>>319820032
>kotacku article
>"thoughts on this?"
Fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>319820837
Nope, just /v/.
>>
>>319820890
Cool. I don't.
>>
I was an early adopter, I haven't bought a single game for the WiiU this year. The only game I was looking forward to, fatal frame, is digital only. I don't buy digital unless it's an snes game. The thing is literally gathering dust, only reason I haven't sold it is because I have a ton of games on homebrew, which I will get to eventually. Pretty terrible year, I'm not poor, so no loss, but I expected a lot more from Nintendo.
>>
>>319820032
Patricia Hernandez is a terrible writer and a bean farmer.

Puts Speedrunners instead of Modders because Speedrunning is the hot new meme. 'Wow this is so satisfying'.
>>
>>319821214
>bean farmer.
?
>>
It's funny how desperate the game journislim community is for nintendo to die. The only company that keeps on doing what it does and they are so upset they can't influence it.

Article is nothing more than crying they can't make free money off nintendo and nothing else.
>>
>>319821462
Plus she's basically turned the site into her personal blog. Whether you agree with Kotaku's politics she shit that her and Fat BEARD-O post bring down the tone a lot.

But what do you except when you have a editor as scrumptious and tangible as Stephen Totilo?
>>
File: 1393364148769.gif (2 MB, 224x126) Image search: [Google]
1393364148769.gif
2 MB, 224x126
>>319820032
>Kotaku
>thoughts on this
>>
>>319821018
Cool, who knows what you're playing
>>
>>319820032
>KO
>TA
>KU

Fuck off, anon.
>>
>>319820032
>Thoughts on this, lads
I'm not your lad, friend
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 430x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 430x318
>>319820032
>Patricia Hernandez
>>
>>319820032
>It's that bot that posts Kotaku articles again

Kudos to whoever made that shit
>>
>>319820252
She's absolutely right though, Wii U is always a secondary platform. You can't play this generation's big multiplats on it, you can't play PC games on it, and conversely, its games aren't available on other platforms either. So it's kind of in a realm of its own.

Notice how even on /v/, no one ever says "Wii U master race!" It's always "Wii U + PC master race!" because if you really like vidya you want to play games that aren't Nintendo games, too. Even my cousin who's a massive Nintendo fanboy to the point that he collects amiibo, thinks Wii U is the best console right now, and wants to name his kid Zelda, bought a PS4 so he can play the new Uncharted and wants a new gaming PC for other games. Wii U simply doesn't have enough to satisfy anyone but the most casual players.
>>
>kotaku

but yea that's actually pretty accurate, what kind of masochist would have a Wii U as their primary platform?

also nintendo's PR is pants on head retarded right now, they are absolutely out of touch with their actual fanbase and are just running around throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks with five year old memes and other cancer
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.