[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there was an open world game like GTA with a 1:1 scale of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 5234234253.png (1 MB, 1438x541) Image search: [Google]
5234234253.png
1 MB, 1438x541
If there was an open world game like GTA with a 1:1 scale of a US State with everything like street signs, street names, houses, stores, cities, national parks etc. would it be possible or would there be a problem with privacy?

I want to see an open world game that is a 1:1 scale and I hate it when game devs have to make up some city based on it or it's based on the city but it doesn't even look like it irl *cough* Infamous Second Sun *cough*
>>
File: batman.gif (740 KB, 261x211) Image search: [Google]
batman.gif
740 KB, 261x211
in the US, anything that is in public view is considered public domain. if it is hidden and on private property you need the authorization of the owner of said property.

basically if you can see it, its legal to take a video of it and use it for whatever you want as long as it doesnt infringe on other laws or rights
>>
>>319817891
>as long as it doesnt infringe on other laws or rights
What right or law could you infringe upon with public footage?
>>
The problem with a game of that size would be that there's probably nothing to do in it. It's like looking at an impressive minecraft build only to remember that there's fucking nothing to do in minecraft.
>>
>>319819685
some places ban videos recording, usually government buildings
>>
>>319819891
Which isn't different at all from the current GTA so it might as well be large scale
>>
>>319817589
if anything, they should be making smaller, more detailed, interesting maps. Not not bigger, boring maps
>>
>>319817589
If you want to see that, you should probably just leave the house every once in a while. I true scale game world would be a pointless waste of effort. You should consider how big worlds in Rockstar games are and realize how much bigger they actually feel in comparison. Yeah, they do feel smaller than the real thing but they get pretty close while only being a fraction of a percentage the size of the real thing.

Then take a look at a game like Mad Max. That world feels much smaller by comparison even though it is actually larger. It's not the size of your map- it's how you use it.
>>
>>319817891
except in some states they have "think of children" laws where you can't film children legally.
>>
They can do it, it's just crack into their imaginations since they wouldn't be able to go crazy and make all kinds of cool buildings/places

Also there'd be a few holes in the map because some private areas' owners would be cunts and not allow it to be placed in the game
>>
>>319820961
>want to play as a criminal that steals cars and kills people in a large city
>lol just go outside
I hate when retards do this
>>
I don't care if it's a fraction of a countryside, I just wish games would do scale properly.
There's nothing I hate more than having a whole "continent" scrunched into a few square miles. Dragons Dogma did this well, even hid some of the different locations behind mountains, so there wasn't a sudden transition.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.