[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be honest here: How many of you understood this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: media_cloud_big.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
media_cloud_big.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
Let's be honest here:

How many of you understood this game while you were playing it? How many of you understood that the person you were chasing for the majority of the game was not Sephiroth, but rather Jenova, that Sephiroth had essentially died in Nibelheim, and the role of the Black Hoods?

Now ask yourselves: In a modern game being marketed towards an audience who played this game as children, how do you think themes such as seraphic reincarnation are going to make it into the remake, despite their core relevance to the story?
>>
>>319816929
pretty sure that Sephiroth was the one in control
>>
>>319818252
You're right, but it's unlikely that most of the people that played this realized you were chasing Jenova's body around, despite how many times the game tells you this.
>>
True fact: most people I've bothered talking to about this game just think Sephi is an OP fuck with mommy issues. I mean, they're not technically wrong, but they're not aware of anything OP was talking about
>>
>>319816929
I always though Seph was in control and masqueraded as if Jenova was in control. Regardless, AC (yes AC) claims that Seph was the one pulling the strings
>>
>>319819104
He just used her corpse as a vessel.

Hence him breaking out of Jenova's containment in the Shinra building and impaling the President.
>>
I don't think it was made clear if the body was a corpse or not (despite having no head) but Seph is definitely in control by the time he stabs Shinra.

Related: where does he get the Masamune from when he reincarnates? I guess he just conjures it up like his clothes?
>>
Is clouds presence in the shinra tower what awakens and kick starts the jenova reunion?
>>
>>319816929
I liked FF7 for its adventure and overworld.

The story is just complete nonsense imo and I never got why Cloud and Sephiroth were beloved by weebs.
>>
I just got out of the sewers after meeting the don

where the fuck do I buy Ethers so I dont have to keep buying tents
>>
>>319820009
I always asked myself the same question. If it's true, Cloud getting near Jenova is the trigger of all the events leading to meteor summon.
>>
>>319816929
Do you think you are intelligent or something? You literally see Sephiroth in a big crystal and the game tells you that is the real one. You are a dumb OP and pathetic for thinking you are above anyone.
>>
>>319819810
>where does he get the Masamune from when he reincarnates? I guess he just conjures it up like his clothes?
The Sephiroth gift shop
>>
>>319818537
But the player was supposed to think this, you aren't told its Jenova. You don't learn the truth until you reach the Northern Crater and Hojo explains shit and about his experiments.
>>
>>319820979
Fight more efficiently
>>
>>319821856

Aeris does fuck all with melee so theres nothing I can do besides cure and ice
>>
most of the confusion was because the translation was godawful. hopefully they just fix that
>>
>>319821978
Get a flame rod and use it as an item.
>>
>>319816929
Actually, I wanted to write FF7 storyline last week and I was like, fuck.

So what was their goal again? Isn't Jenova trying to eat that delicious river of life? Isn't she already doing that in the crater? Why do they gain from summoning Meteor? If sephiroth is in control and trying to destroy the planet, why does Jenova let him? Why didn't Sephiroth reunite with Jenova like the others, doesn't Jenova want to be actually complete?
>>
>>319816929
what is the role of the black hoods? I thought it was just all the people who had been experimented on with Jenova cells being called back to Jenova to become one again
Basically cloud and seph are black hoods too, but plot armor make them resistant
>>
>>319822053
Shouldn't be a problem in the remake. They fixed a lot of translation errors even in the PC/HD port
>>
>>319822762
Jenova is dead dipshit. Sephiroth took over her.
>>
>>319819270
He didn't break out of Jenova containment
He broke the containment unit to release Jenova (who had been transfered from the Nibel reactor to the Shinra building).
>>
>>319819810
>but Seph is definitely in control by the time he stabs Shinra.
It's Jenova calling to him, just like in Mt Nibel when she called him into the chamber. Then he got rekt by Zack, and I guess had to heal for years before coming back to get Jenova again
>>
>>319823067
She seemed pretty alive when I killed her like 5 times
>>
Spoiler asshole
>>
Jenova seemingly lacked a conscious mind. Jenova was just a destructive cancer, some toxic foreign alien matter, which struck Planet in a meteor and began poisoning it.

Sephiroth became Jenova's consciousness when he died and his spirit refused to enter the Lifestream, instead crystallizing himself in materia and reached out to all the other Jenova-imbued puppets out there to carry out Sephiroth/Jenova's goals.
>>
File: walrus-speak-in.jpg (24 KB, 322x215) Image search: [Google]
walrus-speak-in.jpg
24 KB, 322x215
>>319821534
>>
>Beacause...... You are a puppet.
>>
Final Fantasy is always about WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR anyways
>>
>>319822996
Honestly I want to know what translation errors caused problems in the first place.
>>
>>319824256
>inject virus into someone normal
>makes them fucking super amazing
>they die and somehow control the virus
Fucking Japan
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.