[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You did it /v/. You are finally a hero. >The stereotype of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
You did it /v/. You are finally a hero.

>The stereotype of gamers as lonely, co-dependent shut-ins persists in popular culture.

>Nathan for You, Comedy Central's brilliant, cringe-worthy series, stars Nathan Fielder as "Nathan Fielder," a business school grad whose Canadian politeness allows him to manipulate small business owners and others in need of a fix-me-up, getting their approval to test out his comically terrible promotional campaigns and ideas under the guise of "helping."

>The season finale deviated from the usual set-up to focus on Nathan's death-defying efforts to transform the life of one ordinary guy into a "hero." After selecting his target through a lengthy screening process, Nathan announced, he would help them turn their life around for the better by adopting their identity and completing a public, challenging tightrope walk for charity — and adoration.

>The person he'd be turning into a "hero" was Corey, whose utter hopelessness was characterized by the fact that he lived at home, worked at an arcade and played a lot of video games and Magic the Gathering.
>>
File: bane, the complete collection.jpg (3 MB, 4050x3010) Image search: [Google]
bane, the complete collection.jpg
3 MB, 4050x3010
>Nathan for You
>for You
>>
>utter hopelessness was characterized by the fact that he lived at home, worked at an arcade and played a lot of video games and Magic the Gathering.
Well I'd kill myself if I lived such parthetic existence like that
>>
>>319813838
He's literally a /tv/ mod so
>>
if he was playing melee like a real man he'd be out there going to locals and meeting new people, might even make a name for him self.

too bad hes a casual.
>>
File: game shakers.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
game shakers.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
I don't care anymore

I am used to shows about gamers and videogames

Look at this one, two Mexican girls, a nigger and a white sissy fuccboi who creates videogames
>>
>>319813654
>Utter hopelessness
>Worked at an arcade
>Worked
Jesus fuck, if he has a job who fucking cares what he does? What about all the NEETS out there who have fucking nothing?
>>
>>319814120
why do both those girls look like kikes?

names? i wana check wiki
>>
>A shot of Corey playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl by himself was where I began to felt uneasy. Sure, I have been in that situation many a time, but it felt almost pointed to introduce the episode's target through his solitary play of a multiplayer title.

>Corey gave Nathan a tour of his bedroom, in which you could see his sizable game collection just out of focus. It wasn't being called attention to, but his love for games wasn't ignored, either, and that he was called out for working at an arcade — part-time, mind you — felt pointed. Most shows would be readying themselves at this point for a laugh at the expense of someone whose hobby pop culture has often decided is an easy target.

>Thankfully, Nathan for You made a hard left turn, as it always does. What might be most genius about the series is that the business owners or humble folk on the receiving end of Nathan's pranks aren't the ones actually being made fun of, for the most part. The easy jokes are set aside.

>As Nathan literally embodies Corey in order to prepare for the tightrope stunt in his name, a training process that entails the following: a full bodysuit; 3D modeled mask based on Corey's face; a meeting with Corey's grandparents; adopting Corey's mannerisms and catchphrases; and even finding him a girlfriend for extra drama during the public event, it becomes increasingly apparent that Corey isn't the pathetic character.
>>
File: 1445558562564.png (30 KB, 233x347) Image search: [Google]
1445558562564.png
30 KB, 233x347
>>319813654
>CRTs
>>
>This time, as Nathan slipped deeper and deeper into the mind of Corey, he became attached to the life he was creating. Corey might play Smash Bros. on his own, but he has a family that deeply cared about him. He has a hobby he enjoys. Compared to the host, Corey has his life together.

>Nathan arranged for Corey to swap back into place after he crossed the tightrope dressed up as him. Giving a rousing speech (written by Nathan), handing off the charity check asserting his new hero status, Corey then met up with his new girlfriend (who, by the way, he had never actually met before, as she was only dating the Corey-fied version of Nathan) and his grandparents, all of whom expressed their pride and affirmed his selflessness.
>>
>Where was Nathan during this? He was alone, watching from afar. He left the scene having done the job he set out to do, but he had no one to celebrate with. Positioned far away, the camera stood watching him go home alone.

>The show ended with a celebration of someone who may have been mundane, but had a pretty good life, all things considered. Outside of the strange addition of the girlfriend, Corey knew who he was and what he enjoyed. He didn't need to be elevated to some sort of faux-hero status, although by taking on the life of a "normal" person Nathan was able to see how satisfying that sort of existence can be. The person who liked games wasn't a punchline, he was shown to be a person with a hobby. We should all, including Nathan, be so lucky.
>http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/11/9901126/nathan-for-you-season-three-finale-the-hero-gamers

Polygon thinks Corey is a hero
>>
File: Suzy_TableFlip.jpg (104 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Suzy_TableFlip.jpg
104 KB, 1000x1000
Guess who Jasmine reminded me of
>>
>>319813946

Whats wrong with that???

I make nearly 6 figures before taxes working in a business related field, i have a fuckton of enemies i never wanted and know i have ruined lives. All of this behavior is globally accepted and i want out

I don't even have time to play vidya and i'm posting this from my phone in the middle of congestion
>>
That describes me, except the part about playing MtC and working at an arcade. Even at $9/hr (minimum is $7.25/hr) in Kentucky full time, I still am somehow below average earnings for the state. I was unable to find a girl during my high school and college years, and I will be unable to now simply because I "am not financially stable". As a community college dropout after the engineering school dropout, I have never been able to finish ENG 102. Oh yeah, I have autism. I've been given pills since I was 4. Like how women are scared of me because I am "weird and quiet", men don't hang out with me because, as one person put it, "the type of guy who would probably end up shooting a school". When I talk, I always stutter. I have actually been unable to find a job for 5 years (yes, nobody would hire me for that long, starting in 2008). I don't live on my own because I wouldn't have enough money to support myself and if I got fired, I would have to find a job in one month or be homeless.

I play Pokemon and like OP's picture, Super Smash Brothers. I was also physically and verbally bullied through middle school and high school.

Now I just cut myself and drink because even I see that video games will get me nowhere in live. I actually got sent home from work yesterday 2 hours early because I just started crying.
>>
>>319815038
Tyler?
>>
>>319815038
I'm not being facetious or anything but how do you not just commit suicide?
>>
>>319815038
Where do you live anon? At least you have a job, I'm a filthy NEET who does nothing.
>>
>>319813654
i have that same tv
>>
File: 1448402146417.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448402146417.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>319815398

>who does nothing

You're saving the world and you don't even realize it, anon.
>>
File: 1409283565102.jpg (266 KB, 1920x917) Image search: [Google]
1409283565102.jpg
266 KB, 1920x917
>>319813838
>tfw you literally get banned for 3 days for baneposting and it actually was video-game related
>>
>>319813654
>playing smash with a wiimote
What a loser.
>>
>>319815038
I'm more or less going through the same situation but I don't fight it as much. This is the season I get stressed out the most.
>>
>>319815038
Well either work to change it or learn to become emotionally numb like 80% of people working dead-end jobs. Crying here isn't doing you any good.
>>
>>319815038
You should try writing or something like that. Try talking to anyone that will listen.
>>
>>319814985
>All of this behavior is globally accepted and i want out

This. Being a cutthroat in the world is totally fine but as soon as people you hear you want to keep to yourself people label you as strange.
>>
>>319815906
Western society and culture are just fucked. They've been fucked since the late 60s and the people that realize this and reject what's happened are the ones who end up depressed and out of place in society.
>>
>>319815347
I made two attempts already, one when I was 18 because the life I am at now is the only thing I saw in my future no matter what I did to prevent it. It turns out overdosing didn't work. I will do it again on my 25th birthday (in April), but I might have to use a more lethal method.
>>319815398
I said I lived in Kentucky. Median household income is $42,958 apparently, but that seems to require a husband and wife to achieve that, or actually being important, such as an engineer, which I failed to become.
>>
>>319816169
But where in Kentucky? I live in Northern KY.
>>
>>319815851
I've been trying to do that, but I just always end up crying.
>>319815884
Yeah that doesn't work. "Talking" or writing to an audience online won't help me. My parents, psychologist, and job coach think I should take even more pills, but pills like that don't fix the problem; actually fixing the problem fixes the problem.
>>319815270
nope
>>
>>319815398
>>319815531
>>319815719

How do you do nothing
Everyone has at least some kind of assortment of soft skills that allow you to achieve even financial stability

You can live in a basement alone for 300 and rent out a two bedroom unit in a condo for 1700 even with a shitty job. Just develop some investment skills and understand the value of your income. The most human interaction you'll get is visiting your bank and greeting concierge
>>
>>319816312
I better stop replying so this already shitposting thread doesn't become worse, but Hardin County. I am not allowed to drive outside of the "town" I live in (and yes my parents do and will find out), which I couldn't even drive until I was 21.
>>
>>319816691
>You can live in a basement alone for 300 and rent out a two bedroom unit in a condo for 1700 even with a shitty job.

How the fuck are you supposed to do that, I make 1700 in like 2 months
>>
>>319816550
You sound like you want a fix without actually doing anything, and as someone who has been depressed for a decade, that's not how it works. If you don't put the effort in to change, it won't happen. Period.
>>
>>319815038
Well...by posting this on here you do obviously care about your future. Maybe it's time to get professional help and try to shake things up a bit. What have you go to lose?
>>
>>319817393

This.
>>
>>319816874
Oh I have been. There are things that no matter what I do or how much effort I put in, I will not accomplish in a set amount of time (and yes time is limited).
>>319816691
I wouldn't be able to afford that basement at my old job of 16 hours a week at minumim wage. Well I could, but $400 a year for everything else (food, gas, and car insurance only. Better hope those clothes last) I wasn't even given more work or promoted because of my "disability". Nobody wants to hire disabled people, but they do because places cant discriminate against people who are slow.

>>319817393
I've been getting professional help since 4th grade after seeing numerous people. Prescription drugs have to be prescribed from someone. I don't really care anymore because I'm going to >>319815347. I have to put in the effort to actually make sure it doesn't fail this time.
>>
>>319818035
Dude, tell some professionals about all these problems you've had your whole life, I'm betting you can get disability.
>>
>>319818035
Ask yourself if you want to enjoy life. If the answer is yes, don't kill yourself. You can find a way, getting there just won't be free, and it 100% won't come if you just do nothing. Think of it this way. If you do try to better your life and change things, you have a chance no matter how small at doing that, and the things you gain on the way will not be wasted or for nothing. If you decide to do nothing, you will get back absolutely nothing 100% of the time.
>>
>>319816836

You can start by developing a soft skill that allows you to be analytical. I said 2 bedrooms, why would the thought of paying for 2 bedrooms alone even exist is beyond me. More importantly you need to develop savings
>>
>live with my parents
>squander money
>neet job, security guard
>antisocial as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 780x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 780x500
>>319816169
>. I will do it again on my 25th birthday (in April), but I might have to use a more lethal method.
Here tou go fäm. Word of advice, don't get the cheap party helium, it won't work for this. Godspeed and good luck on your journey.
>>
>>319819327

I've spoken with a member of a concierge service that also does security and literally all you have to do to get a supervisor position (with pay raise) is say yes to it and attend the appropriate training

How much different is this from yours
>>
>>319819327
HOW
HOW DO I BECOME A SECURITY GUARD AND PLAY 3DS GAMES ALL NIGHT? FUCK
>>
>>319819665
I wonder who makes a guide like this, and what's in it for them. Is it someone who was about to commit suicide using that method? If so, how do they know for sure it will work? Is it someone who used and failed at the method? Why would they recommend it if that's the case? Is it someone who had a loved one use the method? Would they really want another to experience that loss? Or perhaps it's just someone so bitter that they want other people to succeed at offing themselves? It seems like there would be far more meaningful uses of your time
>>
>>319813654
>has Gamecube controllers plugged in
>yet he's using a wiimote
Why does nobody ever do any research when they make an episode about video games?
>>
>>319819327
>>neet job
>>
>>319815906
This. I work as mailroom for a big business related to airplanes. Everyone is happy but when you walk the corner and such you hear shit. Backstabbing, constant keking for stress relief, and layoffs because someone younger came in. You get ahead but remember you are stepping over hands, toes, and warm bodies.
>>
>>319814120
Implying they would ever let Mexicans on TV, those girls are kikes or Italian.
>>
>>319814409
why would you willingly accept input lag?
>>
>>319821552
But there are Mexicans on TV
>>
Don't join the navy. You don't want the pain of being alone but not in the middle of the ocean with nothing but time to run out of games to play with.
>>
>>319820254
It was originally designed for people on life support who wanted to live on thier own terms
>>
>>319815038
this is what happens when you play Nintengo games post the age of 8
>>
again
>>
>"stereotype"

more like accurate representation?

gamers are largely introverts. a gamer was playing video games in between being bullied by the extroverts who were playing handegg.
>>
>>319813654
cringe humor is fuckin horrible. gross caricatures of gamers in the media is horrible. hack writers leeching off of something they are ignorant of is horrible.
>>
>>319822045
You can still buttfuck each other when you feel lonely
>>
>>319819807
>How much different is this from yours
Someone has to die or get fired for me to move up
>>
>>319819327
>neet job,
That's a contradiction you fucker.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.