[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dualshock 3 for fighting games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: PS3-DualShock3-Controller.jpg (321 KB, 2700x2000) Image search: [Google]
PS3-DualShock3-Controller.jpg
321 KB, 2700x2000
Am I supposed to use the d-pad on the analog stick for fighting games with this shit?
>>
>>319806626
you're supposed to not use it fammm
>>
D-pad you scrub
>>
D-pad. I use the DS3 and that's how I do it.

When I first tired fighting games years ago I tried the analog stick since it seemed closer to a fight stick to me. I couldn't do anything and gave up on fighting games, then when I tried with the d-pad everything was a lot easier.
>>
>>319807078
Thought as much but good controllers cost over 50€ and and I got this for free.

What to buy?
>>
>>319806626
>Shit d-pad
>Shit triggers
>Shit analog sticks
>Shit stick placement
>Shit erganomics

Whole controller is garbage.
>>
>>319806626
It's weird how everyone complains that fighting games are impossible on a pad but I do pretty good with the DS3.

The only thing I have trouble with are pretzels, consecutive half circles, and 360s.
>>
On controllers like those, yeah, the d-pad is the way to go.

It's better for dashes and the analog stick isn't really close to a fight stick at all (they're not moved with your thumb for one and the gate is rarely a perfect sphere.)
>>
>autist asking how to use something
Figure shit out on your own and use whats comfy for you,
>WHAT STICK 2 BUY
>WHAT CHAR 2 PLAY
>HOW 2 PLAY
Why are people who don't play fighting games so fucking retarded
REEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1361649518310.gif (2 MB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
1361649518310.gif
2 MB, 180x135
>>319806626
Dualshock 1-3 d-pad shreds thumb heels for fighting games, but ironically it is lightning fast second to WASD/hitbox for Mortal Kombat inputs.
>>
>>319809770
It's honestly like learning to play a guitar. It only hurts at first until your fingers get used to it. I can do 360 inputs on a DS3 d-pad with ease now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.