[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey there's this super hidden extra secret place in mario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
hey there's this super hidden extra secret place in mario world. you can get infinite lives in it if you want and it always has fire flowers and capes. i'd tell you how to get to it but then my dad would get fired from nintendo
>>
>>319795516
>tfw was friends with exactly that guy
>he'd make up bullshit lies like this, secret things and even cheatcodes in games he obviously hadn't played when asked about them
>he even went as far as to make up that his older brother was an elite gamer in every category where he played any game and would brag about his made up achievements
He was kind of wealthy so I and my real friends ended up just being nice to him so that he'd buy us candy during recess and shit.
>>
For a second I thought this would be a new take on the Balamb Garden pasta. I was disappointed.
>>
>>319795836
>he'd buy us candy during recess and shit.
>during recess

what kind of school did you go to where they exploit children like that
>>
I've never actually known a "that kid"

is this an american thing
>>
>>319795516
I'm pretty sure your Dad also leaked the secret to getting Mew (talking to Professor Oak 100 times)
>>
>>319795836
Expect what OP is talking about is real. It's like in the 2nd part of the game.
>>
>>319795934
What do you mean?
>>
>you can fight WarGreymon in Digimon World, he is is a cave somewhere and you can get there through fishing a weird fish using a weird mushroom as bait
is this true /v/?
I could swear I saw a video when someone did it years ago, but now I can't find evidence of it anywhere.
Pls help.
>>
>>319795959
it was a pre internet/early internet thing

You were just lucky
>>
>>319795516
>you can get infinite lives in it

So it's another secret place other than Top Secret Area?

Please tell me OP
>>
>that kid who didn't know about getting tons of 1-ups
Above Vanilla Dome, I forget the exact level name, it's a long stretch with a lot of koopa troopas. You just run on to the right and grab the P button, take it to the left, then jump on it. It turns all the koopas into silver coins and you can collect like 60~ lives in just 2 minutes.
>>
>>319796407
If you have Yoshi Top Secret Area gives one ups instead of Yoshi's egg.
>>
>>319796407
>go to Top Secret Area
>get on Yoshi
>leave
>go back in
>Yoshi is now replaced with a 1-Up Mushroom
there.
>>
>>319796491

Forest of Illusion 1 is also good, get the starman and go into a killing rampage for lots of extra lives
>>
>>319796491

>not being uli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ORtLj_xBoU&t=0m57s

>not reaching 925828940124983049 points
>>
>Mega Man X comes out
>everyone's playing it and loves it to bits
>kids in school sharing the various passwords, some trying to create like a full encyclopaedia of every working password
>pretty fun and shit
>that kid comes up to me one day
>"oh god anon I just found an amazing secret. if you complete armor armadillo's stage 3 times and get the secret health above the boss door everytime after having gotten all upgrades, you can get the Hadoken from Street Fighter!"
>he gives me a password for it, tells me I should try it out as soon as I get home
>ask other kids about it and nobody recognized that password
I was so fucking sure that would be the password which would corrupt my game or something, never tried it.
>>
File: 1385173244270.jpg (135 KB, 833x1000) Image search: [Google]
1385173244270.jpg
135 KB, 833x1000
>'hey anon, I completed the pokedex and when I did, Prof. Oak gave me a Celebii!"
>"oh cool, show me"
>"i forgot to save"

>"hey anon, if you press B at the right moment after you throw a pokeball, it'll act like a master"
>"i just tried that and it didnt work"
>"you were doing it wrong"

>"hey anon, if you collect 200 rings, you'll become Purple Sonic"
>collects 203 rings in front of "that kid"
>"it's actually 210 rings"

>"hey anon"
>"what?"
>"niggers"
>>
>ps1 era
>every kid in middle school has got a playstation
>new trend is Castlevania Symphony of the Night
>enjoy the fuck out of it, beat it numerous times
>that kid tells me "oh but if you find some secret items and then go talk to maria, you'll get the ability to find the true spirit controlling the final boss, then you can go into a completely new castle which is an upside down one of the normal one!"
>know he's lying because that would mean the completion on my save file should be 50% and not 100%

Thankfully I didn't believe the little faggot any of the times, and eventually stopped talking to him because he was a lying piece of shit.
>>
File: haha.gif (2 MB, 397x169) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
2 MB, 397x169
>>319797514
>>
File: zelda laughing.jpg (24 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
zelda laughing.jpg
24 KB, 256x352
>>319797514
>>
>>319797514
Wait a minute....
>>
File: 1445392034151.jpg (32 KB, 360x495) Image search: [Google]
1445392034151.jpg
32 KB, 360x495
>>319797514
>>
File: thatkid.jpg (150 KB, 680x1009) Image search: [Google]
thatkid.jpg
150 KB, 680x1009
>>319795516
Yeah well I caught Mewthree. He has a new move called Warp that instantly kills any Pokemon and you can use it outside of battle to teleport to a new land that's bigger than Kanto and has another 1000 Pokemon to catch.
I can't show you though because I lost my game cartridge.
>>
File: 1448738745617.jpg (44 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1448738745617.jpg
44 KB, 446x456
What thoughts or reason do these types of people have for lying about such inane bullshit
>>
>>319796284
probably selling candy to kids during recess.
>>
>>319799350
They didn't got touch enough by their daddies at home so they have to get attention from somewhere else.
>>
>>319799508
???
There's stores around every corner, even in a <10000 people town like mine.
>>
>There's an alternate universe somewhere where all of the stuff "That Kid" said about video games is true
>>
Statistically there had to be at least one kid whose dad really DID work at Nintendo. They can't all be permavirgins there.
>>
>>319799776
sounds like you're just bitter you were dumb enough to fall for it and waste your time
>>
>>319800052
>There's stores around every corner
maybe where you live. Also what kind of school lets their students leave the school grounds during recess?
>>
>>319800821
Who said anything about being allowed
'That guy' didn't care enough, and we abused it
>>
>>319795516
thats just mario maker, nice try troll
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJjYfjSWXx8
>>
What kinda boggles me is how most of "those kids" were telling the same shit internationally even though there was almost no internet back then.

How were they in sync so much with their bullshit? I swear half the shit im reading from people`s experiences with "that kid" in US are the same as mine in Germany.
>>
>>319795516
Just in case anyone actually doesn't know about the 'Top Secret Area'.
https://youtu.be/5yDuOQvU5qc

I don't know how pre-internet me found all of these things. I was probably just bored because I didn't have internet to waste my time.

I got accused of being 'that kid' when I was younger and came across the 'Chris Houlihan Room' in A Link to the Past. I could never figure out how I had gotten to it, and I always sounded crazy for it. But it did exist. It did exist.
>>
>>319800821
literally every school in america that isn't fucking retarded.
>>
>>319801808
Good level design, thats how.

I have no idea how I have been able to find all this shit either and looking at it now seems kind of strange, as if there was no way a 8-10 y o couldve found those zones.

I feel like I was better at games than I am now. Nowadays I just got lazy discovering shit like this.
>>
>>319801941
Yeah it sure is retarded to try to prevent the kids you are responsible for from getting in trouble, hurt, or kidnapped to avoid getting sued.
>>
>>319802198
Kids are allowed to come to and from school grounds, before and after classes begin and end. If you're running a daycare for babies, sure, but grade school kids walk to and from school all the time. If you wanted to be a retard and skip school, that was up to the parents and the principle to discuss.
>>
If I ever make a game I'm going to put at least one "That Kid"-tier secret in it, and the only hint to its existence is a really confusing clue that's only said once in the game, and the steps to unlock the secret are very obtuse.
>>
>>319802505
Yeah, before and after schools ends - when the school isn't responsible for them. During school hours it would be retarded to let elementary school kids leave school to run around town doing whatever they want.
>>
>>319802637
Bonus points if it's still a 1/1000 chance of it happening even if you do the steps correctly.
>>
File: 1387410250446.jpg (17 KB, 244x189) Image search: [Google]
1387410250446.jpg
17 KB, 244x189
>>319802637
Better yet, create a sort of "seed" secret, so that for every copy of the game there's an infinitely different number of ways to unlock it, and the secret rooms are slightly different.
>>
>>319802093
I am a hundred times beter at videogames than I used to be.
Maybe more.

But I also used to spend more time with single player games because I didnt have as many.
And then there's some rather unhealthy obsessions.
In Pokemon Blue I checked every tile in the game to make sure I didnt miss out on any items because some were hidden without an indicator.
Thats not being good at games, thats brute forcing your way through secrets.
>>
>>319802767
Unless the child has severe mentally disabilities, there's no reason for them not to be able to leave school grounds if they are not late for the next class during a recess. Most schools will say that you have to stay in school grounds the entire time, and for good reason, but some don't because it really isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>319803176
by good reason, I mean, "to cover their asses when their kid end up inside of a trash dump"
>>
File: 1447608688152.jpg (31 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
1447608688152.jpg
31 KB, 286x400
>>319795516
I don't remember Super Mario World looking that good.
>>
File: make a wish foundation.jpg (39 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
make a wish foundation.jpg
39 KB, 600x337
>>319803041
>tfw I'm also better at vidya nowdays, but I had better taste as a child
>>
There was an underwater level somewhere that had strings of fish going up and down. If you had Yoshi you could just power through them until they started turning into 1-ups. You'd get at least 24 lives per run and each run took less than a minute.
>>
>>319804037
Sounds like the Star World one with the blue yoshi
>>
>>319803549
I do not remember this in Gargantia at all. Where the fuck was I?
>>
>>319803176
The school is legally responsible for its students during school hours. Only a foolish school would let their children run wild. If they got hurt or in trouble they would get sued.
>>
my uncle works at sony japan he said that there is already a ps5 there
>>
>>319801235
You'd be very surprised how fast and far bullshit spreads
>>
>>319795516
>Hey anon, did you hear about the Mortal Kombat 2 nude code?
I'll never forgive that kid.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.