[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they include weapons that break the game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
Why do they include weapons that break the game.
>>
>>319794482
Yeah this thing is pretty ridiculous. You can take the damage upto 210 if you switch out the ammo as well.
>>
I felt like you reach a point where there's literally no point in playing because you're so OP
>>
>>319794482
That's probably the most OP gun in the game. Especially if you combo it with the ninja perk and mister sandman, if you slap a silencer on it, your sneak attack critical will be over 5x.
>>
You tell me
>>
>>319795086
What do you call your fire shotgun? Molten Lead?
>>
>>319794482
Well, i have a laser musket with that trait and modified with the six crank shit, everything dies in one or two hits.
>>
>>319795418
Would the second shot count as a six crank or would it be a 1 crank? Also any legendaries that give laser muskets? I realize now that I haven't seen a single legendary laser musket
>>
File: 123976138634.jpg (41 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
123976138634.jpg
41 KB, 720x480
>not having a two shot mirv
>>
the game has the weirdest balance.

You get shit guns and are ammo starved. The perks you get barely make a dent. Not to mention how health is now affected by rads, and since you don't have enough stimpacks you have to eat irradiated food trying to weigh if it's worth fighting super mutants so you can cook their dogs for the radaway effect. Caps are hard to come by at first since junk is now worthless cap wise now that it's all useful for crafting. Used to some hard to find parts were worth 50-100 caps. Now the most you can get is 15-20 and it's worth more for crafting anyways.

Sure you get power armor but you can't afford cores and they don't drop in ammo boxes or containers and you don't know which dungeons have generators. and the armor you do have you can't upgrade too high so it just gets slapped off.

Then suddenly you have op weapons, your perks make you stronger, and you have so much ammo dropping in containers that you sell looted ammo and have plenty of caps.
>>
File: 133885515142.jpg (48 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
133885515142.jpg
48 KB, 184x184
>got an explosive institue rifle
>mod it with beam splitter and the best full auto frame
>fps drops by 20 if I fire it for more than a half second due to how many explosions the game needs to render
I named her Too Many Explosions
>>
>>319794482
Wounding combat shotgun.
>>
File: angrybeaver.png (18 KB, 95x134) Image search: [Google]
angrybeaver.png
18 KB, 95x134
Why did they include Vertibird mini-gun strafing if you fly so high the game won't draw the NPC's on the ground, even at max draw distance?

Why did they give you nuclear homing devices to launch from a Chinese Nuclear Sub if all the sub does is drop a single Fat-Man Mini-Nuke instead of a real nuclear payload?

Why give you artillery beacons if the max range of the artillery is 250 meters?

Why leave around full suits of Power Armor at obvious military checkpoints and then suspend my disbelief upon realizing no one has tried to take this armor in over 210 years?

Why add so many customization options if they are literally straight upgrades? Wouldn't this just mean people will put on the last upgrade on the list every single time?

Why add so many customization options but keep the core weapon pool so small?

Why change the look of so many weapons when their look and style has been established since 1997? Why is it only the 10mm pistol and Laser Rifle have roughly the same look as previous games?

Why are there only three 'cities' and one of them you need to build yourself (Diamond City, Goodneighbor, Sanctuary)

Why can I not ask any of the leader NPC's anything about the motivations of their actions, their past actions, how and why they are where they are today, etc..

Why can't I tell Piper that the Mayor is A synth?

Why can't I follow up with NPC's on ANY information that I find to be true or false, especially when this information seems crucial to their character motivation?

Why won't anyone talk to me about the FEV Experiment at the Institute? Why is there an FEV Experiment at the Institute when the Government testing of FEV was on the West Coast for specific reasons?

Why set up a supply line system for your settlements if NPC's will never go to said settlement?

Why can I never expose any of the people I find to be Synths based on Institute data? Confront them?

Why why why why
>>
>>319794482

I don't use these weapons and I already feel OP with full upgrades and perks.

This game is boring now.
>>
>>319795561
It counts as a six crank, and if you attach a beam splitter you'll fire 8 beams instead of just 4 and they all get the boosted crank damage.
>>
>>319795897
you get fusion cores from killing robots
almost all robots contain fusion cores in their inventory after death

your the second person i've heard of complain about having none i have over 100
>>
They are for people who like fun.

Nothing forces you to buy that expensive as fuck gun.
>>
>>319794482
>muh video game realism
>>
>>319796059
Console pleb detected
>>
>>319796238
>Why give you artillery beacons if the max range of the artillery is 250 meters?
With how many settlements there are in the game you can effectively make most of the map coverable by the artillery if you set them up in every single settlement.
>>
>>319795561
I'm not really sure about the second shot but the fact i can kill legendary deathclaws in one or two hits seems like it is charged too if not it still packs quite a punch and if i remember correctly i got it from a legendary deathclaw i killed near the psychiatric facility on a little town that has an alarm on top of a tower once you activate it a couple deathclaws spawn and so far the three times i went and activated the alarm two of those times a legendary came so it might be a good place to kill some.
>>
>>319796274
That's insane.
>>
>>319796238
>Why add so many customization options if they are literally straight upgrades? Wouldn't this just mean people will put on the last upgrade on the list every single time?

this is true but there are a few that arent the best if theyre the last
>>
>>319796238
>Why add so many customization options if they are literally straight upgrades? Wouldn't this just mean people will put on the last upgrade on the list every single time?

This is a bit jarring. When i open up weapon's menu i look for the lowest upgrade and either put it on or don't put anything and go get shit i need for it.

Worst part is that game doesn't tell you everything about upgrades unless you use a mod(some mods increase AP cost, for instance, but game doesn't tell you).
>>
It's an sp game. Just don't use it.
>>
>>319796274
Didn't know that i manly use it as an sniper weapon but it seems like it could work wonders as this too.
>>
>there are people that aren't punching their ways through boston

literally why play a game if you aren't beating the shit out of people from boston
>>
>>319796238
>Why can't I tell Piper that the Mayor is A synth?

but theres a quest
>>
>>319796238
>Why is there an FEV Experiment at the Institute when the Government testing of FEV was on the West Coast for specific reasons?
Didn't you find the holotapes? The reason was that one of the scientists managed to get his hands on some FEV (probably from vault 87) and they begun experimenting afterwards.
>>
>>319796409
Too bad artillery is still shit due to how long it takes for them to get fired.
>>
>>319795897

Even if I use a stimpack on average of every 90 seconds while out in the waste, I will never dip under 100 stim packs.

I always have over 50 radaway and rad-x.

You trade the 40 million .38 caliber bullets you find for the ammo you actually need, or do what they should have added in the first place and get a mod that allows you to craft ammo.

You get caps through .38 ammo and paper money. Paper money is plentiful (15-30 per register without any scrounger perks at all) and is worth 3 caps per bundle. I often walk around with about 1200 caps in paper money.

The problem is that NPC's don't have enough caps to purchase the weapons and armor you find, which gives the illusion that the economy is utterly starved for coinage.
>>
>>319796368
Well i don't have that many but the moment i started using the power armor cores started to spawn everywhere and i went from like 40 to 70+ in like an hour.
>>
>>319796671
you run in close, toss it and run away.
i mean there has to be a reason when you throw it that it stops halfway midair and falls down

right
>>
>>319795897
just mod the fusion core bullshit out
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/325/?
>>
>>319796610
>>319796506
Two shot beam split musket is hands down the most op shotgun in the game.
>>
>>319794482
Game's already broken, son.
>>
>>319796741
>I always have over 50 radaway and rad-x.

i had so much. then a glitch made it so i was constantly getting radiation damage so i ended up using them all
>>
I finished the game a few days ago and with it I feel no need to play it anymore, its just so boring and lifeless.
>>
Where do these chucklefucks keep getting FEV from? Do they just trip over vats full of it in the wasteland or something?

I mean for fucks sake, even Dr. Lesko managed to scrounge up some fucking FEV for his retarded fire ant experiments.

Does FEV grow on fucking trees on the East Coast?
>>
>>319796907
yeah. with 4 and new vegas i didnt feel this.
i immediately started a new game as a melee only lady
>>
>>319796059

Estonia is that you.
>>
>>319797012
>with 4 and new vegas
meant 3
>>
>>319794482
Ammo is hard to come by for any one gun except the fucking pipe guns. You can't just use the Guardian nonstop.
>>
>>319794482
To allow the casual audience some way of tasting power while still being held back by their terrible skills just enough to keep the game in balance. It was not made with competent people in mind.

Just wait for mods. The base is already there and it is a good base. Once the creation kit is out there are sure to be total overhauls that treat every modification as a sidegrade rather than an upgrade, or you could probably make one yourself fairly easily.
>>
>>319796867
Well singleshot maybe but with a twoshot or bleed shotgun you can usually dish out way more dmg without having to reload after every shot.
>>319794952
The twoshot effect can apply to any weapon you can get a legendary effect on. So a twoshot gauss rifle would be way stronger and can also be silenced.
>>
>>319797258
>casual audience

It's a casual game. Are you implying there are pro-Fallout players? Everyone who plays it is the "casual audience".
>>
>>319795703
Everybody has, how hard is it to buy from the diomand city weapon guy?
>>
>>319796409
Or just five each in hangmans alley, jamaica plain, and the marina and you'll be fine
>>
>>319797459
The opposite of casual isn't professional. The opposite of casual is hardcore. Nethack is single player only, but I don't think you'd find many people calling it a casual game.
>>
Does anyone seriously play fallout/elder scrolls for the challenge? They're fuckaroundy games.

NV was even more broken, especially melee and unarmed, doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>319796238
>Why can't I tell Piper that the Mayor is A synth?

If you finish the game with BoS, Railkeks or Minutemen, you'll get a quest about this.
>>
>>319794482
Overseer's Guardian is a good all arounder, not OP. The Last Minute is OP.

>dicking around in survival difficulty at level 40+
>spot Legendary Glowing Deathclaw
>charge up The Last Minute
>shoot at tail
>"Sneak hit 2.0x damage"
>why doesn't it move

it was a single shot kill
>>
>>319796368
protectrons don't, which are the most common at low levels. They just have fusion cells and junk. It's not till you get to a higher level that they start dropping.

So essentially power armor is useless at a low level despite having it right away, then suddenly you can't clear a dungeon without getting 5 so you don't have to drop out unless you really want to.

It goes from being this cool unique thing you save and use only for boss encounters or for giving you that edge to get through a dungeon that you keep dieing in to suddenly a clunky armor with no benefit beyond weight carry.
>>
>>319797915
Then how are Fallout 1/2 hardcore games? They´re not much of a challenge. It´s even roundbased so you don´t need to worry about reflexes. Especially in FO1 you can get OP real damn fast.
>>
File: koolaid.jpg (235 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
koolaid.jpg
235 KB, 600x400
With full Pain Train and Big Leagues perks the only weapons I need are the Super Sledge, and my trusty Power Armor.
Choo choo motherfuckers.
>>
>>319798012
But Last Minute is just a regular Gauss rifle that can cripple enemies easier. Not that you´d that though because a gauss rifle can sneak kill most things.
>>
>>319798194
FO4 especially just hands you everything you need to get OP without any searching and no matter what you do. FO1/2 require either serious luck or an embarrassing amount of metagaming and prior knowledge to get OP too quickly.
>>
I just recently encountered a weird glitch last night.

I cleared out an outdoor area of ghouls and super mutants a few days ago. Came back last night for a quest and they had all respawned, which is normal for non dungeon areas but I got all the experience for each death they did to each other despite not firing a single shot.

Granted it's not much. Killed enemy XP is nerfed down a shit ton in this game to make completing quests the main way to level, so it was 8-15 at most.

Still weird.
>>
>>319798350
Nothing feels as good as charging trough a bunch of raiders/gunners/muties or whatever, sending them flying all around you, and smacking their heads clean off in just few blows.
>>
>>319798350
The only thing better than this is installing the mod that lets you equip the power fist while wearing power armour and using that.
>>
>>319798020
i'm trying not to use power armor for as long as I can. Currently lvl 48. I guess I should've put some points in armorsmith to fix the broken parts...
>>
>>319798364
But Overseer´s Guardian is pretty much the only really OP early game gun you can get. And you need prior knowledge +3k caps. You can also get X01-armor right away but you have to kill an assaultron and a sentry bot on a tiny ass roof so i wouldn´t really recommend that at low level either. Also it´s FAR away from vault 111 and you would also need to know where it is in Advance.
>>
>>319796368
>>319796859

I'm not complaining about lack of cores. I'm just commenting how the game tried to balance the new core system. If I really cared about it too much I'd just turn on god mode, console command a shit ton in my inventory or DL a mod.

In the old 3rd person games you had to get power armor training before you could use it. In fallout 3 that was mid game and you could theoretically do all the side quests struggling through with just normal armor. In New Vegas you only got it if you recruited a certain companion, and had them like you enough to do their companion quest. It was entirely possible to miss out on it entirely if you wanted to. And it was almost necessary for some locations, like that radiated vault full of ghouls.

In 4 it goes from something you barely use because you can't or you don't want to run out of power in the middle of some dungeon and have to back track to get it back. Then suddenly cores are more common than shotgun shells and you only need it to help pack mule shit to your home base.

If I care about it I'd just mod it sure. I'm mostly just commenting on how shit the design and balance is in 4.
>>
>>319794952
>That's probably the most OP gun in the game

But that's not a two shot Gauss rifle.
>>
>>319799108
But that's not an explosive minugun
>>
>>319794482
that's not an explosive minigun
>>
>>319797630
14,000 caps without any charisma. It shoots 12 mini nukes for the price of one if you stick the Experimental MIRV launcher mod on it.
>>
>>319799847
16 actually
>>
If you make this gun semi auto is it just as good? I only have points into Rifleman and none in commando
>>
>>319799847
>be excited to finally use it
>10% it's cool, 45% it only kills a couple of targets, 45% it kills you
>>
>>319800137
Semi-auto does way more dmg than auto and uses less ammo. There´s almost no reason to use full-auto ever unless it has a bleed/explo. effect.
>>
File: 2015-12-11_00001.jpg (210 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11_00001.jpg
210 KB, 1280x720
Why does the game punish you for exploring by blocking off access to different areas?
>>
>>319800394
>Balance semi vs. fully automatic by DPS in a game about ammo conservation.
Brazo Todd.
>>
>>319794876
what is every fallout game after 2 and every elder scrolls game morrowind and on?
>>
so I bought this gun and converted it to .308 so I can pretend it's a battle rifle, but why is the un-aimed accuracy so shit? with the short barrel it has like 3x bigger crosshair than my laser rifle with sniper barrel.
>>
>>319800463
>expecting going the extra mile from Bethesda
>>
>>319800574
There´s perks in the strength tree for shooting from the hip but i wouldn´t really recommend it except for heavy weapons. You pretty much need to ironsight every shot usually.
>>
>>319800394
So it does fire the second round right?
>>
>>319797903
But in hangmans alley the just hit the buildings
>>
>>319800798
but why is it so much worse than my sniper laser and my shotgun?
>>
>>319800840
A twoshot rifle of any kind will fire the second round regardless if you made it full-auto or semi-auto. Even bolt-action fires two rounds at the same time. In terms of gameplay it´s just double dmg. Which is crazy considering that the next-best dmg modifier effect is +25%.
>>
>>319797140
Not if you have the ammo perk.
>>
shouldn' it be "fires an extra projectile" ?
>>
>>319794482

>.45 assault rifle
>>
>>319800993
It just.... works
>>
File: image.png (382 KB, 653x643) Image search: [Google]
image.png
382 KB, 653x643
>>319794482
Fuck this broken piece of shit, I've had at least three game braking glitches that make it impossible to finish a quest.
>>
>>319800993
Well shotties are geared towards close-range so i guess that´s why. Not sure why a sniper-laser would have good hipfire though.
>>
>>319796663
Did he take the literally-impossible-to-enter vault door or did he convince the cave children to let him in too?
>>
>>319801105
>assault
Only a moron would leave it as such.
>>
>>319801419
Since the lone wandere killed everything in vault 87, there shouldn't have been anyone there.
Also the institute has teleportation
>>
>>319801419
Or you know, he just sent a synth immune to radiation in.
>>
Is playing on hardcore fun?
How do I switch it to hardcore?
>>
File: 1445383786118.jpg (16 KB, 255x205) Image search: [Google]
1445383786118.jpg
16 KB, 255x205
Whats the appeal of this game?

Its plays like an RPG mixed in with a Call of Duty game, the enemies are just bullet sponges with shitty AI, the best items are spoonfed to you in the first hours of the game, the story sucks donkey dildos, the game is buggier the Sonic 06, it has an Ass Effect dialogue wheel, there isn't even that much to do RPG wise, and the side quests are the same shit done over and over again.

Is /v/ just full of casuals now?
>>
>>319794482
>>319794876
>>319794952
>>319796262
>>319796907
Jesus Christ do you guys need hand holding with every video game you play? Do you have no self control? As a kid did you hate hot wheels because they didn't tell you what to do with them?

If a gun is too OP for you, don't use it. If the game isn't challenging enough for you, make it harder, give yourself challenges "I'll try to play this quest line using only pipe weapons." It's literally a giant single player sandbox where you can do whatever you want but you choose to only use the the weapons that make it boring for you.

I mean, if you bought a Bethesda game with the intention to play it as "The goal is for me to kill enemies the fastest and easiest that I can even though that's a game killer for me" then you should probably not buy those types of games anymore.
>>
>>319795897
I'm sitting on over 200 stimpacks and I use them constantly. Same with fusion cores, once I got like 10 i started using power armor more and now i have like 50 some and I'm always in one. Ammo and caps was never a problem either, never actually felt the need to buy anything and I use like 4 different weapons so I just swap them around.
>>
>>319794482
Legendary weapons are cool and all but it made the game way too much like Borderlands for me
>>
>>319801771
Someone answer this.
I can't find the hardcore setting either.
>>
>>319801771
There is no hardcore just survival which is basically bulletsponge enemies and +300% dmg for enemies.
>>
>>319801772
they should all be playing undertale huh xDDD
its a FUN game
thats the appeal you retard
honestly not alot of games are on par with its atmosphere. They fucking nailed it so hard in that aspect
>>
>>319801792
Except you're wrong; its not hand holding when a game lets you do whatever. Is it hand holding to use that revolver in CS:GO?
>>
>>319801792
They're former RPG players, its been so long since they've had to make a meaningful choice that they're slaves to the narrative and slaves to efficiency.
>>
>>319801772
Fallout 4 isn't really much of an RPG to begin with, it's basically just an open world dungeoncrawler FPS with a perk tree and character levelling.
>>
>>319802608
It´s pretty good for an openworld fps though. The gunplay isn´t quite as good as Far Cry 3/4 but you have base/weapon building, way more enemy types and better atmosphere.
>>
>>319802608
but what about all those meaningful decisions like
Lead the Institute as Cave Johnson and further humanity with Science
Join the Railroad and be a SJW of happy good time feels
Join the Brotherhood and save humanity from its own idiocy because people are stupid
Lead the Minutemen and forget humanity and just play tower defense all day
>>
>>319802608
aka boring lol
>>
>>319800508
In Arena you could get your destruction high enough to one shot everything including the final boss. I can't remember if the same is true for Daggerfall.
>>
>>319802962
I just hate that all story-related NPCs are immortal. Well at least there´s mods for that.
>>
>>319796238
You can find your settlers on the road with if you assign them to supply lines though
>>
>>319800482
It makes vanilla miniguns worthless. Shit accuracy and barely any DPS. It's fucked.
>>
File: 1445375939523.jpg (62 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
1445375939523.jpg
62 KB, 397x525
>>319802076
1. When did I mention Undertale?
2. Fun is completely subject and a shallow argument. What is fun about it?

>>319802608
I would be OK with it not being an RPG.
If it wasn't as buggy as Sonic 06 and easy as Call of Duty.
Far Cry 4 felt more like what Fallout is trying to be then Fallout.
>>
Two Shot is just fucking bullshit. It's arguably the best prefix for every gun except for maybe automatics.
>>
File: Bait2.png (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Bait2.png
91 KB, 800x600
>>319800463
>claiming a strongpoint is a weakpoint
>this is it guys, my respect on the stupid shit people complain about is in the negatives
>>
>>319794482
Because Bethesda.
Remember Skyrim? Game where crafting was so overpowered you could hit armor cap with simple steel armor? And player-improved weapons could hit hundreds of damage per hit? Not to mention ingredients for most exotic weapons and armors avaliable at every merchant?
>>
>>319801792
This, so fucking much
/v/aggots complain so much about this so this shit
>>
>>319804429
>Fun is completely subject and a shallow argument. What is fun about it?
Some people find it fun. Since you admitted fun is subjective, they do not need to justify why to you, which is different from if someone calls it a good game.

Some people like how casual it is, some people find the weapon customization fun, and most people seem to agree that the actual combat and gunplay is better than the previous games at the very least.
>>
File: 1440855844778.png (570 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1440855844778.png
570 KB, 1200x788
>>319796408

>The framerate only drops on console
>>
>>319804953
you know where that picture was taken right?
>>
>>319801792
preparing to improve your odds is fun, and winning a hard, or seemingly impossible fight thanks to it is a reward on its own.

If game presents "i win" button on silver plate, all of it becomes meanless
>>
>>319801792
>game presents no challenge and is too easy
HURR U GOTTA MAKE THE CHALLENGE URSELF

this is why we end up with shitty games.
>>
>>319802217
the revolver is shit now so nah
>>
>>319801792
I don't feel good about crippling myself. A good game wouldn't have a clear dominant strategy or at least be somewhat challenging when using it. If I have to apply invisible house rules on myself then the game is bad from a design perspective.
>>
>>319800980
really?

I thought the projectile just spawned mid-air
>>
>>319805375
>Since you admitted fun is subjective, they do not need to justify why to you, which is different from if someone calls it a good game.
Then don't use it to justify a game being good.
Call of Duty is fun to some people, does that make Call of Duty good?

>Some people like how casual it is

>some people find the weapon customization fun
How does this justify the other flaws?

>and most people seem to agree that the actual combat and gunplay is better than the previous games at the very least.
Does that justify being worth the $60 and the DLC? Being better then the last shitty game?
>>
>kill a level 40+ legendary alpha deathclaw by walking backwards and making the slightest jukes to avoid his extremely predictable attacks
>crippling tire iron
thanks todd
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-08 00-19-18-15.jpg (294 KB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-08 00-19-18-15.jpg
294 KB, 3440x1440
>Max upgraded Deliverer
>Max Perception
>Max Sneak, Sandman, Gunslinger perks
>Can stack about 20 attacks per VATS
>4.5x Sneak damage
>Once one shotted a Legendary Deathclaw with it
>>
>>319798350
Did they ever fix the glitch where big league level 5 cut your melee damage in half instead of doubling it?
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-11 17-28-26.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-11 17-28-26.png
1 MB, 1600x900
is this gun even worth keeping? I cant find any good legendaries. Though I did find another combat rifle that bypasses 35% damage resistance.
>>
>>319806430
nvm, it was a shotgun that had the 30% bypass. Only other legendary combat riffle I have adds 15 explosive damage.
>>
>>319805907
Why would a Deathclaw carry a gun? Grow up.
>>
>>319805432
This

I dont understand how this is so fucking difficult to understand

I should not be the one making some retarded "I'll only play the game with one hand" artificial rules to provide challenge. The developers should be the ones to make their game enjoyable by providing something that forces the player to adapt.
>>
>garbage legendaries like junkie's flamer and quickdraw pool cue all game
>suddenly get instigating laser rifle, two shot combat rifle, and violent combat shotgun
>mfw I already had those from vendors
fuck this stupid borderlands shit I'm using console commands to give myself an exploding shotgun
>>
File: implying.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>Buy unique Fat Man that shoots two nukes at once
>Give it MIRV upgrade
>It now shoots TWELVE NUKES for one ammo
>mfw
>>
>>319805939
>vats
lel
>>
File: 1415290228118.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1415290228118.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>319807717
kek, would love to see some webm of this in action
>>
>>319806430
good for companions because if they kill something it has a chance to turn into goo with free nuclear material for crafting

you can also turn combat rifles into .38s for companions as well

put difficulty on "very hard" for more legendaries
>>
>>319805839
What exactly do you want us to tell you dude? You either like it or you dont. Turns out TONS of people like this game. The reason for that being is that its fun. There is no other explanation, if it was boring they would not play it.
Do you want to know what I PERSONALLY liked about it?
>>
>>319800508
it's every fallout games BUT 2 and every TES games ever.
in 2 they give you a ridiculous final boss just for shit n giggles. in 1 you can one shot the final boss with speech.
>>
>>319808312
i play on legendary since like lvl 15. Good idea about the companion though. Is there a way to keep them from switching assigned weapons for shitty pipe riffles?
>>
>>319808165
it looks just like a big cluster bomb of them, the blast makes it really dangerous to use pretty much every time
>>
>>319808312
Put it on survivor.
Just invest 1 more points into weapon skills than crafting skills and the bullet sponges effect disappear real fast.
>>
>>319808317
you can still shit on horrigan if you have sniper and the gauss rifle
>>
>>319808165
>>319808469

I killed myself the first time I fired it. I thought I was far enough away but I really underestimated it's blast radius. Like you could take out most of Diamond City in one shot.
>>
>>319808458
you have to give them ammo and they keep using their assigned weapons until they run out in my experience

>>319808524
>>319808458
I didn't see those settings, I don't play on hardcore because eating,drinking,sleeping is tedious and unfun
>>
>>319802217
Learn to read, retard.
>>
>>319808649
there is no eating or drinking in fo4.
>>
File: Pensive parrot.jpg (66 KB, 387x612) Image search: [Google]
Pensive parrot.jpg
66 KB, 387x612
>>319808524
this is probably why i'm always out of ammo. Lvl 47 and still haven't put a single point into any of the combat skills.

>mfw i wasted a ton of point on CHR and INT.
>>
>>319809069
>play on the hardest setting in a bethespg
>dont increase base damage

>play on the hardest setting in a toddpg
>i will be walkie talkie guy/gal
how are you still alive?
>>
>>319808772
what does hardcore do then?

I also don't want to be permanently 100% loaded up with wright from carrying rockets and etc.
>>
TRAIN TRAIN CHOO CHOO
>>
>>319808772
There is but all it does is recover health and various other effects to your stats
Same as its always been
>>
>>319809338

Makes enemies bullet sponges and you a glass cannon.
>>
>>319808772

Well there is but it just heals you like fallout 3, not dehydration or starvation or anything like NV.

>>319809338

Ammo is still weightless, all it really does is make legendary enemies appear more and they do more damage to you while you do less to them, and health regen from everything is slowed down a fuckton.
>>
Get ready to have your mind blown

picking up weapons off dead enemies adds that weapon's full magazine of ammo to your inventory with it. All those trigger men in that vault? 50 .45 rounds each. I walked out of there with close to a thousand rounds
>>
>>319809338
this>>319809475 and really slow health regen from food/stim aka fun time with drugs.
>>
>>319800508
It's super easy to become OP in Morrowind.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-11 18-03-30.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-11 18-03-30.png
3 MB, 1600x900
>>319809270
by unloading literally all of my bullets into every enemy. My strongest weapon does like 100 damage fully modded. I'm worried that the game will be too easy if I put points into combat, but this shit is getting extremely tedious.
Ok, i just leveled up. What should I put the point into? I use mostly rifles, shotgun, and pistols.
>>
File: mark.jpg (50 KB, 497x311) Image search: [Google]
mark.jpg
50 KB, 497x311
>>319809570
>dead triggermen from that diamond city bar guy's quest stay around the entire game and submachine guns and ammo respawns on their corpses
>the triggermen in the goodneighnor houses respawn and you can farm them for that stuff as well
>>
File: th.jpg (6 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6 KB, 210x240
>>319795243
Chili Peppers.
>>
>>319809570
>>319809826
thanks guys, I'll spend the rest of the night farming.
>>
>>319794876
>On Survival
>While still having few difficulties I still managed to cheese every fight with no problems
>Gotten to the point I just said fuck it and modded the xp gain so I can have less reasons to return to the game once I finish it.

Bravo Bethesda, Even Skyrim manged to keep my attention longer.
>>
>>319794482
>>319794762
>>319794952
When I change my Overseer to .308 it just fires single shot not double.
>>
>>319809807

>VANS

Why?

Rifleman. It applies to so many weapons. Or get a point into strength and level up armorer for the next few levels.
>>
>>319809807
Until we can make ai act on their health and add more arsenal to them, dont limit yourself.
Rifle of course, non automatic.
Grab a reduce loot mod if you are up for the challenge.
>>
>>319809994
>farming in wrpg
Todd didnt kill his artistic integrity for this.
>>
>>319810028

Is this true?
>>
>>319798980
Nope, it doesnt spawn until you're a certain level. If you go there before 40 (30?) Its a shit of some other shitty power armor.
>>
>>319810028
oh shit is this why my gun sucks ass now?
>>
>>319808649
There's a glitch, how someone found out I don't know, where if you give them just one bullet from the gun they have infinite ammo. Probably a glitch connected to how they have one hidden bullet to give them infinite ammo for their default main weapon.
>>
>>319801792
If the game doesnt make itself challenging, then what fucking good is it? I can make eating a steak a challenge by trying to use a broken glass dildo as a fork, but ive got a fuckin fork so why bother?
Even if you put it down to a roleplay choice, why would any character you're playing as willingly risk his life fighting supermutants with a pipe pistol when far more powerful shit is easily and readily available?
>>
>>319810106
I'm retarded, I have no idea why I ever wanted that useless perk.

>>319810106
>>319810141
Thanks guys, Rifleman it is.
>>
>>319810485
You guys talking about the PA in the National Guard Training Yard? I can confirm that below 30 it's not X01. I got it below 30 on my first char and it was T-51 I think. Maybe T-45. But the other I grabbed it at 31 and it was X01.
>>
File: 1440452689559.jpg (8 KB, 161x131) Image search: [Google]
1440452689559.jpg
8 KB, 161x131
>>319801792
>Gimping yourself on purpose to have "fun"

Lol good game design mane. So when even your fists become too powerful what will you do then? Play with your monitor off?
>>
>>319801792
>It's the player's job to make a game not shit

No nigger. It's the developer's job to make it fun. You have the mindset of a buyfag who absolutely must make the most out of every purchase or else they have to come to the realization that they got fucked and there's nothing they can do about it.

I have a fuck ton of things to do in life. I'm not going to spend a bunch of my time trying to make something fun that fundamentally isn't.
>>
>>319794482
I found an explosive minigun on a legendary enemy. It literally tore a legendary alpha deathclaw in half with a 10 round burst on survival. I gave it to a companion and just sent them into a general combat area
>>
>use two-shot guass rifle and wear the best armor you read about on the wiki
>WAAAH WHY THIS STUPID SHITTY GAME SO EASY?!?!?!
>>
>>319810927
>when even your fists become too powerful what will you do then
play an online game :^)
Every single player game have a point where you are too proficient in them if you arent a retard.
>>
>>319807717

Its 16
>>
>>319810823

They're talking about the armor in some tower.

I just found that National Guard Training Yard at level 50 and it had T-60.
>>
>>319810927
this is b8 but it actually is great game design that you can make the game as hard or easy as you like. Most games force you to play them in a specific way, bethesda games are a cut above that
>>
>fire a cluster bomb of 16 mini-nukes at a shitty wooden shack
>nothing happens
>>
>>319811508
>essential npc inside just briefly goes into a wounded stance like he slipped on a banana peel
>>
>>319811307
Isn't X01 the best? Does that mean the armor there is just totally rando?
>>
>>319811340
Bethesda Softworks - "A cut above"
>>
>>319811821

X-01 is the best. So it might be random, I don't know. I just know it isn't strictly level based since I had already found two sets of X-01 when I found that.
>>
>>319811508
>fire a cluster bomb of 16 mini-nukes at a shitty wooden shack
>vertibirdin the horizion starts spinning at 7200rpm and crashes directly into you
>companion says some one liner as you reload the save
>>
File: shoenice.jpg (37 KB, 600x705) Image search: [Google]
shoenice.jpg
37 KB, 600x705
>>319811990
>accidentally sprint into a car
>companion says some one liner as you reload the save
>>
>>319809570
I really hate how there are all these small factions and gangs in the game, like the Triggermen, the Gunners, Forged and so on, yet all of them are always default hostile to the player.
They are basically just fucking raiders gameplay wise, despite looking a bit different, so why even fucking bother?
I would have liked to have some mobster style missions from the triggermen or some shit like that.
>>
File: IMG_20151126_190013.jpg (38 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_190013.jpg
38 KB, 500x284
>not being melee master race
Bunch of nancies itt
>>
I need someone to confirm for me the previously posed idea that changing the Overseer's Guardian to .308 makes it loose it's two shot ability.
>>
>>319812807
>200 base damage melee weapon with 10.5x damage multiplier for sneaks
so stunning and brave
>>
>>319809807

If you don't have something a hardened automatic armor piercing receiver then go do that now, it makes a huge difference on bullet sponge enemies.
>>
>>319809807
>putting 3 points into hacking

I've played for over 80 hours and I've seen a total of 2 master level terminals, both of which had alternative passageways
>>
>>319813027

How the fuck do you get a 200 base damage melee? I'm assuming that's a super sledge fully upgraded with all the melee perks?
>>
>>319805389
My SLI 980s don't have a problem with framerate.
>>
Is unarmed bare handed any good? I'm going to assume no. I just want to punch things without a weird contraption on my hand.
>>
>>319813509

Unarmed power armor can be good. Otherwise no.
>>
>>319813341
and strength maxed out and grognacks outfit or strength+melee power armor
>>
>>319813341
With the tesla coil upgrade and Powerful legendary it does something like 180 + 60 damage.
>>
>>319809570

I was actually wondering how I had so many .45 rounds (well over 2,000) and so much flamer fuel when I went to deal with the Forged.
>>
which is better for a missile launcher

mighty, wounding, penetrating, or poisioning

I have one of each, also enraging but I don't use vats
>>
>>319813674

And I have a laser rifle that does that much. So pointless.
>>
>>319814009
can't get over 10x multiplier damage with sneak attacks
>>
>>319814156

Which is pointless since the only things with that much health are fucking mirelurk queens.
>>
>>319794482
>thinking that's broken

Two Shot is pretty useless, the second shot often veers off from where you're aiming. In all the time I used it, it never outdamaged the regular combat rifle I kept around.

Explosive/Wounding shotguns are the most broken weapons possible. Narrow the spread and you can snipe people from pretty far away, too.
>>
>>319814249
you're a fucking mirelurk queen
>>
File: 2015-11-16_00002.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16_00002.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>319794482
>It just works
>>
>>319814009
>guns completely invalidate melee

No, it's just different. That's why it's a separate playstyle with different perks and stats associated with it, buddy.

Just because the Fat Man outdamages everything else doesn't mean any build that doesn't focus on using the Fat Man is pointless.
>>
File: Apoweras.gif (1 KB, 40x76) Image search: [Google]
Apoweras.gif
1 KB, 40x76
Why do they include armors that break the game.
>>
Is it just me or are there a shitload of fucking useless areas in this game? There must be like several dozen points of interest that I didn't even touch, and at least a couple dozen shitty areas that I did explore and got practically nothing from.

I was expecting to find more non-radiant quests but for how many points of interest there are it's practically nothing.
>>
>>319814456
Man radiation damage is so useless
>>
>>319801792
Oh fuck off, yes if a game is too easy then a player can remedy it to some degree by policing their own behaviour, but the more they have to do that the more of a problem it becomes.
>>
>>319814249

There's plenty of enemy types that can be legendary that will take less than half their health in damage from a sneak attack with a gun, hell that can happen with non-legendary enemies too.
>>
>>319812976
I never tried it before I modded it but it doesn't seem to shoot more than once.
>>
>>319794482
>Powerful Automatic Receiver
What does this even mean. The receiver holds the trigger and hammer and shit, what makes it powerful?
>>
>>319810028
Bullshit.
>>
I'm being forced to play this shit everyday because my gf gave it to me as an early christmas present.
This is a nightmare.
I forced myself to play through Fallout 3 and swore that I will never touch another Fallout made by Bethesda.
>>
>>319813250
yeah I know I fucked up. Theres never even anything good in the safes.
>>
File: WHY.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WHY.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>319795897
Settlement building is 'optional' but a lot of what you're complaining about is because the older games were balanced around loot for you to sell or use. Those two categories have been greatly reduced to make way for loot you break down instead, which feeds into building and weapon mod crafting instead of vendor junk and other uses.

As for the perks, I can see parallels in how Bethesda tried to solve problems with skill and perk balance with how New Vegas did things. Perk magazines and their effects in Fallout 4 would usually be associated with challenges in NV or quest rewards. Instead of exploring in the hopes that you'll find a perk useful for your character, you'd do shit like get into fights or take chems and would be rewarded with extra damage or longer duration on chems. Finding mags and clearing challenges are both really 'meta' but I think the latter is more useful for rewarding commitment to any given action and progression than the former.
>>
>>319815828
Loot is another thing Bethesda completely ruined in 4.

They basically turned the game into a watered down Borderlands with the retarded legendary effects and completely killed the concept of unique weapons because you can find every possible combination from random enemies.
>>
>>319815141
>game devs knowing anything about firearms

You're surprised?
>>
>>319795897
Just cook any meat you find, I hardly have to use any stims because my food is just so much better at healing and at giving other bonuses...I literally live off of mole rat chunks.

It gives you xp bonuses as well when you cook. Food is greatly improved from skyrim in this game.
>>
>>319815141
More efficient gas retention and discharge?
>>
>>319814293

Hail to the queen baby.
>>
>>319796578
Mods that increase weight increase AP cost, and make draw-time higher
Mods that increase non-automatic fire-rate decrease AP cost, they also increase fire rate while not losing any non-automatic weapon bonuses
>>
>>319795897
>You get shit guns and are ammo starved.

I never had this problem outside of the very start of the game. You usually find one or two guns you like and stick with them, so you can trade all other forms of ammo as secondary currency.

>The perks you get barely make a dent

Lies, Scrounger is amazing and you should take it ASAP.
>>
>>319816106
mutant dog meat is the best from those super mutant pets, takes rads away and replaces them with hp

shame they weigh 0.5 though

also you can eat a steady supply of grilled radstag to stop you from being overencumbered or just eat one to fast travel with an extra fatman
>>
>>319816678

And this is stated nowhere in the game.
>>
>>319816681
>I never had this problem outside of the very start of the game.
I think that's what they where talking about. the game gets far easier as it goes on becasue you start with crap then get shit that's OP.
>>
>>319816681
or just build weapons vendors at your settlements and exchange your excess caps & looted goods for more ammo
>>
>>319806430
only two shot mod is worth shit
or wounding on miniguns and fast shooting guns

i mean when your gundoes 200 dmg, does 10 bonus dmg sound good?
>>
>>319817225
plasma/exploding/etc are still decent on other DPS style weapons because the +10 means more than on weapons like the rifles
>>
>>319795897
>>319796859
>>319798020
>>319799090
stop fucking RUNNING
stop fucking USING VATS
stop fucking JUMPING EVERYWHERE
don't LEAVE YOUR FUCKING HEADLIGHTS ON
seriously what all of you retards have in common is that you fucking run EVERYWHERE in power armor. That drains the FC faster than your mother drained my cock last night.
>>
>>319817225
Apparently scatter shot weapons apply wounding per projectile. So wounding is a viable second path.
>>
>>319816009
100 hours in the game and I STILL can't make turrets shoot at enemies. Am I retarded /v/?
>>
>>319794952
Nah. Max upgraded deliverer with better criticals, reflection,luck of the Irish, mysterious stranger and grim reapers sprint is more OP.
>>
>>319818331
>vats
lol
>>
>>319818303
wire them to a power source
>>
>>319805375
>Since you admitted fun is subjective, they do not need to justify why to you
Just because something is subjective doesn't mean you can make unsubstantiated arguments.
>which is different from if someone calls it a good game.
No, you fucking idiot. They're both subjective conclusions which are fucking meaningless without substantiating why you reach those conclusions.
>>
>>319816009
yeah, the exploration perks should be unique "whacky" ones like imperialists, solar powered as well as blueprint for advanced mods/building... Thing that can change the game but wont hinder your progression while shit like controlling turret and robot should be included in the trees.
>>
>>319818718
I meant turrets I hack from terminals, like in the post I replied to.

Also you only ever need the heavy machine gun which doesn't need a wire
>>
>>319817225
Instigating is a viable substitute for two-shot
...on the gauss rifle, and nothing else.
>>
>>319818914
>not setting up 5 missile pods on a wooden bridge structure facing the nearest super mutant camp
>>
>>319801343
what is that tweet even about
>>
File: 1428066281569.jpg (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1428066281569.jpg
6 KB, 400x400
>explosive minigun
>>
>>319819105
>implying i'm not using starlight with a giant wall around it to keep out the illegals and kikes
>>
File: gwenpool.jpg (75 KB, 340x346) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool.jpg
75 KB, 340x346
>>319799108
This guy gets it
>>319799248
>mfw kneecapper mini gun
Good thing you only fight the mirelurk queen once, right? Right?
>>
File: 1443587714879.png (314 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1443587714879.png
314 KB, 640x479
>>319819203
>kneecapper minigun
>>
File: KZzBLLq[1].jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KZzBLLq[1].jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
>>319819365
no kidding, this gun makes me not even want to play the game anymore
>>
>>319795243
"Shots Fired"
>>
>>319794482
I used this gun all the way to the end of the game. It's amazing.
>>
>>319813250
I found a master terminal locked elevator in some listening station near the slog.
there was fucking nothing down there but a yao guai and a steamer trunk with a fucking pipe gun in it
>>
>>319794762
My shotgun does 248 and fires the additional projectile
>>
>>319816707
I always carry buffout, dirty wastelander and radstag for those moments. 4 extra points of strength plus 25 carry weight. if only curie would stop complaining about the roids
>>
>>319818952
I have an instigating stun baton. With sneak bonus it moderately wrecks shit.
>>
>>319821060
stick with the prod
>>
File: K the gun.png (107 KB, 1210x1016) Image search: [Google]
K the gun.png
107 KB, 1210x1016
>>319795243
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.