[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I play these? I torrented them but I couldn't make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: screenshot-2372-1.jpg (73 KB, 595x261) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-2372-1.jpg
73 KB, 595x261
How do I play these? I torrented them but I couldn't make them work. Fallout 1 would have parts of the screen go blank and I couldn't click on some parts of the screen.
>>
You need the hi-red mods. I had the same problem.

If the screen still blacks out, I think pressing tab or something refreshes it.
>>
>>319787106
What version did you torrent and what os are you using?
>>
>>319787254
*hi-res, aka high resolution mods, srry
>>
literally only had to rclick and launch as admin, you might have to run compatibility shit if you're using windows
>>
>>319787106
Did you get GOG versions?
>>
>>319787280
https://thepiratebay(dot)gd/torrent/8358803/Fallout_1_and_2_-_Fallout_Tactics_-_GOG

I tried on both my windows 7 and 10 laptops.
>>
>>319787502
Try Fallout Fixt for F1 and Killap's patch for F2, both have hi-res mods integrated iirc
>>
>>319787502
get the new Fallout Classic version, bethesda rereleased them with support for modern resolutions or read the sticky thread on the gog fallout forum
>>
>>319787106
Fallout 1 has hi-res mod, Fallout 2 has community patch and restoration project(that includes community patch, but adds tons of stuff, often bullshit stuff).
>>
>>319787106
The trick is making sure you have a high AGL level. This way you can have more actions in combat.

I would recommend having an INT of 7, because the bonus dialogue options are usually a better alternative than the other options.

Definitely try to use Tycho in the Hub as your go-to follower, Ian will kill you half the time.

Don't underestimate the benefits of befriending the Brotherhood. I think it's the only way to get the Power Armor.

Helping out the Blades in the boneyard is definitely the best option, as you can then get access to the Hardened power armor and the turbo plasma rifle, the latter being the best weapon in the game.

Avoid bloody mess, it's cool, but you can see those animations anyway if you invest in more criticals and the sniper perk.

I'd say definitely invest in lockpick, energy weapons, small weapons, and maybe doctor.

Don't use drugs, no point.

The librarian in the hub can get you infinite books, so don't spend too many points on first aid, small guns, science, or repair (or outdoorsman lol).

AP ammo is useless.

Other than that, that's how you play Fallout 1.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.