[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THERE'S NO STOPPING TIM THE DESTROYER HE'S GOING ALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: tim the destroyer.png (2 MB, 1304x731) Image search: [Google]
tim the destroyer.png
2 MB, 1304x731
THERE'S NO STOPPING TIM THE DESTROYER

HE'S GOING ALL OUT THIS TIME

THIS TIME HE'S GONNA NEED ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD TO FINISH THE GAME
>>
This is the 100th he has received funding

This is the 100th time he does not release a game
>>
>>319778871
you don't stop it you just laugh at everyone that falls for it
>>
But what will you do if its actually as good as, or better than, the first Psychonauts? You /v/drones will hate it no matter what, probably, because hating Tim Schafer is an internet meme and you're all meme parrots.
>>
>>319779290
shitposters can't wait 3 entire years for something to complain about
>>
If it ends up being good, good, if it ends up being bad, you didn't donate, good

Why do you care?
>>
>>319779290

we don't hate tim schafer

we think he's hilarious

>ask 400K for a P&C adventure game
>get 3.3 million
>HEY GUYS I NEED MORE MONEY
>>
>>319779418
like there's anything else vidya related to talk about?

this year has been devoid of anything but witcher 3, undertale and mgsv

the splatoon fags immediately contained themselves to /vg/
>>
File: Capture.jpg (59 KB, 977x534) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
59 KB, 977x534
Despite the kickstarter blunder, this is the comfiest game I've played in a while.
>>
>>319778871
I always forget about the games he has behind him in that picture until someone brings them up

Haven't seen anything about costume quest in years, how was that?
>>
File: 1434661036715.png (52 KB, 143x150) Image search: [Google]
1434661036715.png
52 KB, 143x150
Looking back on Psychonauts, it's so hard to believe that Tim was actually involved in it.

>the worlds felt unique and each had a feel to them, as well as an artstyle that carried through the whole level
>there was dialogue and secrets hidden everywhere, even in scenarios where you wouldn't normally be able to access them (using confusion grenades in the milkman conspiracy, for example, net you some interesting dialogue from boyd and the g-men)
>a bunch of cool collectibles
>likable characters
>a rather unique artstyle to hold everything and every world together into one package
>decent soundtrack
>Milla is waifu material (I'm not into Lily because i'm not a pedo)
>best of all, no pseudo-political jabs or pop culture references that date the game

Now I look at modern Tim, and I can't imagne Psychonauts 2 being any good.
>>
>>319779290

Why would anyone believe that Double Fine is capable of making a game as good as the first Psychonauts? Name one Double Fine game that came out since Psychonauts that's even remotely good.
>>
>>319779682
I want to pat her feathery head.

Why were all the characters so great?
The hipster lumberjack, Alex and Jack Black the cult leader were all excellent.

All the retarded character designs were great too, the shitty nest clothing made me laugh consistently.
>>
>>319779946
scott campbell said he was in charge of black velvetopia specifically which is probably why it's the best stage in the game, perfect art/gameplay integration
>>
>>319779512
>we
speak for yourself m80

Can sort of see this being a disappointment though. Reminds me a little of my childhood games.
>play the shit out of spyro 1-3
>gee I sure hope they make more spyro games
>they make more spyro games
>man I sure wish they stopped making spyro games now
>they continue making spyro games
No one was happy.
Don't let this happen to you.
>>
>>319779946
>i'm not a pedo
>/v/
>>
>>319778871
>THIS TIME HE'S GONNA NEED ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD TO FINISH THE GAME
It is funny because this is probably true.
>>
File: 13122123.png (11 KB, 120x149) Image search: [Google]
13122123.png
11 KB, 120x149
>>319778871
>It's actually struggling to get funded

Wow
Seems there is a God
>>
>>319779682
Part 1 was pretty much perfect if you weren't looking for a challenge. Really sad they recycled the areas so much the second time round.
>>
>>319779946
A lot of good people worked on Psychonauts. Which is why he's trying to get that team back together.

Whether they're still willing to work with however, is another story.
>>
>>319780369
Do you know what the word "Struggle" means?
>>
Ps-Psychonauts? Who ever fucking asked for a sequel for that 6/10 game.
>>
>>319779290
Well then we will buy it since it's pretty much funded at this rate, but no one can trust him with his track record to the point Kickstarter even had to make new rules for the shit he pulled.
>>
>>319780369
If by "struggling" you mean "not completely funded in the first 24 hours". In which case, it's good that people seem to have at least some restraint about it even though it will get funded long before it ends and probably get a whole bunch of stretch goals too.
>>
>>319780369
>struggling
Nah. Slowed down significantly, but it'll get there. It'd probably already be there if Tim hadn't revealed himself as an incompetent hack and overall irresponsible fuck though.
>>
I always thought the jarring tonal shift in Psychonauts was kind of weird. The asylum is never mentioned early on, the entire second half of the game just suddenly changes from bright outdoor summer camp to Spooky Monster Mansion in the blink of an eye

I love the game but even when I met Campbell in person once, I had to ask if there was some reason behind the abrupt shift, and he said that's just how it was made to be. But it still feels like they suddenly changed the second half and I don't get why
>>
wait, they sold 1.2 mil copies of psychonauts in 2010-2015? And they ask for money? WOW
>>
>>319780493
It's what my parents do while I sit in my room playing vidya all day.
>>
>>319780369

This desu.
The funding has slowed to a crawl.
>>
>>319780493

not that guy but how quick did shenmue 3 and notcastlevania got their target fund by comparison?
>>
>>319780369
I love how the bottom right corner starts with "Anyone who doesn't fall for" like it's a jab at anyone stupid enough to actually donate to Time Schafer after that Broken Age debacle.
>>
>>319780369
Indivisible was several hundred thousand away and needed an extension and it still made all the money it needed in the last handful of days.

It could sit at its current number for a week straight and still get funded, especially since Mr Shitface can extend the deadline whenever he wants, SINCE THE CAMPAIGN IS ON HIS SITE
>>
>>319780792
"Time Schafer" what the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
Have they confirmed whether or not Richard Horvitz is coming back?

No Raz, no buy.
>>
>>319780737

Those copies were sold at super-bargain bin prices, and their salaries are pretty high since they're based in California.
>>
>>319778871
>there are people on /v/ who donate to kikestarters

Dumbasses
>>
>>319780917
They'll spend 1/3 of the budget on Elijah Wood instead.
>>
>>319780532
one of the best platformers of all time and definitely one of the most unique games out there. Name a single game that offers a similar experience to Psychonauts, it don't exist
>>
File: 1447791428560.jpg (78 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1447791428560.jpg
78 KB, 550x550
>>319781090
DON'T.
>>
>>319780929

SAN FRANCISCO LATTE ARE EXPENSIVE MMMKAY?
>>
>>319780917
There is no way he wouldn't come back. Raz is what the entire game orbits around, Horvitz won't turn them down surely
>>
File: 1437123452795.jpg (110 KB, 780x1101) Image search: [Google]
1437123452795.jpg
110 KB, 780x1101
>>319781268
And Jack Black.
>>
Soon he will be richer than Bobby Kotick, then he can buy Activision and show him who was right now.
>>
>>319780917
Did you read the Fig site?

>Artists Scott Campbell, Peter Chan and Nathan Stapley will be returning alongside composer Peter McConnell to contribute their unique visual and musical styles. Erik Wolpaw will also be making a comeback to collaborate on story and dialogue. Both Richard Horvitz and Nicki Rapp have promised to return to voice Razputin and Lili, with Khris Brown lined up to direct them again.
>>
An ancient wisdom goes

The guy who asks isnt dumb

The guy who pays is
>>
>>319778950
They release games, they just don't release anything that lives up to their own hype or have made obvious use of their bloated budgets.
>>
>>319779946
Uhh, did you not play Day of the Tentacle or Grim Fandango? Tim was also involved in those and they were excellent. If anything, the company dropped off in quality after Psychonauts because they were trying to cater to a bigger crowd since they couldn't afford to make cult games anymore.
>>
>>319779946
>best of all, no pseudo-political jabs or pop culture references that date the game

Have any of Tim's games included this kind of stuff?
>>
>>319783201

After the gamergate puppet, I'm just a little cautious.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.