[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the current year >not wanting to be a stone cold cave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: who hype.jpg (89 KB, 942x480) Image search: [Google]
who hype.jpg
89 KB, 942x480
>the current year
>not wanting to be a stone cold cave thug
Who hype?
>>
No dinos, no buy
>>
WE
>>
>>319763772
>dinosaurs and mammals coexisting
Can't you into realism?
>>
>>319763772
I would like to see some gameplay first, one of the things i liked about farcry were the weapons.
>>
pls man. it is literally gonna be far cry 4 with less shit to do, less weapons, no vehicles... and for what? to pretend i'm a fucken neanderthal and play hunting simulator 20 000 bc? fucken yawn m8
>>
>>319763772
I was mildly interested but then I saw gamplay.
It is literally just far cry without guns and animals instead that are no adequate sustitute.
>>
>>319763974
>Dinosaurs

Nigger what.
It doesn't have dinosaurs, you must be thinking of Ark.
>>
>>319763974
were there dinos in the trailer?
I don't remember seeing any.
>>
Everyone in this thread somehow forgot that it's by Ubisoft?
>>
>>319763772

Looks fun but I know it will be boring and disappointing. Ubisoft has this thing where they make a successful game and then remake the same game with a new skin 10 times.
>>
>>319764152
oh no the producer has a bad rep so i must blindly boycott the product. pls man. we can all agree it is shit without being hurr durr ubi is the worst kill me now.
>>
>>319763772
Stopped playing any Ubisoft games for quite a a time, this is probably another game which I will gladly pass.
>>
>>319763772
It's like Far Cry 3 with a new skin.

I'll wait for WiLD thank you
>>
It's Ubisoft.
It's shit.
I'm gonna buy it anyway, like FC4.
I'm probably gonna enjoy it anyway, like FC4.
>>
>>319764235
The producer who produce same games over and over.
>>
>>319764320
but it will have literally half as much to do. u a sucka 4 sure.
>>
>>319763772
>getting excited for a ubishit game

Is this your first rodeo OP?
>>
>>319764235
Ubisoft has never made a good game.
But OF COURSE this time will be different!
(Please download Uplay, it hardly contains any keyloggers any more)
>>
Why they think this is worth a full $60 price tag is beyond me. It's clearly a reskinned FC4
>>
>>319764365
Yet people still buy/like them.
>>
>>319764393
Prince of Persia
>>
>>319764365
tru
>>319764393
R6 Siege is a blast. Solid tactical FPS with inn
>>
>>319764386
So?
If I'm having fun that justifies my purchase.
Start whining when I waste your money, and let me waste mine in peace.
>>
Setting is undeniably awesome.
But that's it.
>>
File: Mesotimeline[1].gif (5 KB, 479x156) Image search: [Google]
Mesotimeline[1].gif
5 KB, 479x156
>>319763974
>dinosaurs and mammals coexisting
Mammals saw the rise and subsequent extinction of what is strictly classified dinosaurs. the reptiles before and after are other kinds of saurs.
>>
>>319764431
FC4 is worth $60
>>
>>319764650
fair enough m8, just worried this one will let you down

>>319764365
State of the industry m8. 0 risk taking, rehash after rehash, cost-effective and the market eats it right up. what a time to be a vidya gaymer.
>>
>>319764320
>I'm probably gonna enjoy it
Then why would you call it shit?
>>
File: dmoney.jpg (16 KB, 329x308) Image search: [Google]
dmoney.jpg
16 KB, 329x308
>>319764751
Maybe if the protomammals weren't so shit they wouldn't be dead. Losers don't count
>>
>>319764783
Not anymore for a long time already, quite possible never.
And a product that is a derivation without much work put into it deserves even less.
>>
>>319764393

>Ubisoft has never made a good game

Look there recent track record has been absolute ass, but lets not make a generalization like that.
>>
>>319764860
Because hating Ubisoft is a meme. The bandwagon must continue.
>>
>>319764894
If losers always die whu are you still alive?
>>
File: Kid tested, mother approved.jpg (17 KB, 308x479) Image search: [Google]
Kid tested, mother approved.jpg
17 KB, 308x479
>>319764796

Far Cry always manage to rope me in on setting alone.
That's what happened with FC4 even though I wasn't a huge fan of FC3, and FC4 quickly became one of my favorite games.
Don't worry about people on the internet man, you're just gonna become sad and angry that way.
Thanks for being a good sport about it though
>>
>>319763772
I like the idea of being a beastmaster. At the end of the day though >unity
>>
>>319763772
>Never played a Farcry game. Hear they're pretty great though
>Love Stone Age stuff and the beginning of history and civilization
>Figure I might give Primal a try

>Oh wait, UPlay cancer
>Oh wait, the gameplay looks kinda dull
>Oh wait, there's little variety in the weapons, you couldn't even give us little modifications, Ubi?
>The animals are mostly pallet-swaps
>Fucking owl bombing runs what?
>Tribe system is vestigial
>Big fuss about the mesolithic being the time mankind first put down roots and settled... And the tribe doesn't farm or actually fucking settle
>God-damn re-skinned mechanics that make no sense in the mesolithic
>Fuck-damned swift healing and limited survival elements that are limited mostly to 'exposure to cold = bad'
>Meatmeatmeatmeatmeat to heal. No moss, natural remedies, cobwebs, etc. and traditional medicine

Yeah, I think I'll pass thanks. I look at FarCry Primal and I see a huge amount of wasted potential. Did Ubi do any fucking research on this, or did they just go, "Yeah! Cavemen!" and pull an Assassin's Creed by just taking the same game and putting it in a different era? You could use this to teach us SO much about mesolithic people and dispel some of the "Ug ug hit woman drag back to cave and club mammoth to death" myth that seems to lurk in most people's minds when they think of the Stone Age.
>>
>>319763772
Nobody, it's a Ubishit game.
>>
>>319765246
Meant >uplay not unity
>>
File: no thanks.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>>319763772
>far cry 4 mod
>far cry 4 was far cry 3 on a different map
>$60 for a mod of an expansion
>>
>>319764860
I enjoy Fallout 4, even though I know that's a shit game too.
At least I'm not defending it like a fanboy.
>>
>>319764021
At leat Neanderthals were white. This will just be Detroit simulator without gunpowder.
>>
>>319764860
>>319764320
You can love whatever you want anon, no problem there. The actual problem comes when you try to defend your turd.

I don't mind people liking FO4, for example, I enjoyed it quite a lot myself, too, but calling it GOTY ...

Not This Year
>>
>>319763772
looks ne-
>ubisot
>far cry

Almost got me fooled.
>>
>>319765734

I'll refer you to a previous comment of mine

>>319765453

There's my response.
>>
>>319765873
>2015
>being this prejudiced
I thought we would have learned by now to judge things individually instead of making sweeping, bigoted generalizations.
>>
File: Rams.jpg (80 KB, 468x498) Image search: [Google]
Rams.jpg
80 KB, 468x498
>game published by ubisoft on steam
>looks good I might b-
>"Requires 3rd Party DRM installed: Uplay"

No, not now not ever. Why do they even do this shit? Why sell a game through a platform that already has DRM of its own, then force users to install and use their own SHITTY distribution platform? No one fucking likes uplay, how can it be so hard for them to grasp this?

I really wanted Valiant Hearts, I had family that fought at the Somme, but even a game as simple as that they chose to force uplay onto.
Why can't they just fucking stop for christs sake. I'd even be tempted to buy black flag if it wasn't for this stupid shit.
>>
>>319766035
Your family better fought for the emperor, heretic.
>>
>>319766008
Are you a a dumb person? Do you have brain problems?
Ubisoft always makes the exact same games over and over, and each time it's precisely the same things that are wrong with them. They never improve and they never learn, because they think they are perfect and will not accept any flaws. When one of their games bomb like Unity did, they blame the players and the community. When a game doesn't sell because of their invasive keylogging-infested DRM, they blame pirates and peer-to-peer networks.

Ubisoft doesn't ever learn from their mistakes and you're a great big idiot if you suddenly think this game, just another one in a long, LONG series of doing exactly the same shit, will be any different. Absolutely stupid.
>>
>>319763772
not me, cause its ubisoft and they suck at making games
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.