[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do you guys hate this game so much? Give me real reasoning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
So why do you guys hate this game so much? Give me real reasoning with backed up, up to date answers.
>>
>>
Love this game
>>
File: hakke_logo_1.png (4 KB, 574x325) Image search: [Google]
hakke_logo_1.png
4 KB, 574x325
>>
File: B4mXekVCUAAq_0H.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
B4mXekVCUAAq_0H.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>>
It's OK but I've played it to death recently so I'm giving it a break.
>>
Just got done playing it right now. I recently switched over to the Hunter class. I've been a Titan and nearly have all the subclasses maxed but recently switched over to the void subclass with the hunter and love it
>>
Don't you guys think it would be cool if they released a fourth subclass with Eris Moon's powers?

(⊙_⊙)(⊙_⊙)
>>
Also, happy to play with the 360 players that have yet to upgrade. GT: DrPeals .. trials is beginning!!!
>>
>>319751219
Eris' powers being..? She only really showcases the powers of her fallen comrades
>>
Fuck all content for the price point. I can play an MMO for free with 100x more content at the same shitty standard as destiny. Gameplay was fun. However years of mmos the raids were fucking shit.
>>
>>319751120
Hunter will always be my main. No matter how much I abused the hammers in trials since TTK, I still love my Hunter immensely
>>
>>319751369
. What if it was like cleric powers for titan and the warlock attack could be like necro powers and the hunter could be like tap poison?
>>
>>319751492
After years*
>>
Grind and fairly simplistic gameplay. Its a casual shoot-shoot, and /v/ hates casual, and shoot-shoot, has to be hardcore to be approved.

That said there isnt much to the game, probably worth a play if you can get it for cheap.
>>
>>319751537
Bungie, hire this guy. And if you do get hired, make sure there's definitely more of that awkward Cayde & Eris sexual tension.
>>
>>319751618
Since Y2 I feel like the grind has really toned down. The PVP has evened out and the context has become much more in depth than it was year 1. Year 1 felt like a bungie was testing the waters for what came now.
>>
It's either you hate it or you love it. Their fan base is surprisingly dedicated to this game for it being a "shoot shoot" game
>>
>>319751694
They do have some comedy gold mines in that game.
>>
>>319750763
I don't hate it, but I'll never play it because it's not on PC :^)
>>
I like that they've been patching holes in the story with the hidden quests and the book of sorrows notes. It seems ridiculous to get all of your background knowledge from an app or a website, but they've still addressed the complaint.
>>
I'll play it when its ported to PC
>>
>>319752092
Maybe in a few years it'll drop for you on the steam machine
>>
>>319752204
I honestly could not see that going well. It's like trying to put CS:GO and TF2 on the Xbox, it just didn't work and they should leave it alone.
>>
I just wish it had more content.
Blizzard updates D3 CONSTANTLY with huge, game changing shit.

I mean, sparrow racing is neat, but its a holiday only thing and I want more core content likr strikes.

Hell, even just update old content to be playable at high levels now. Like the old raids and trials and shit.
>>
>>319752368
Trials is still the hypest event every weekend.. and there's talk of old context coming back in challenge modes. Also free content for the next year, YAY! And D3 console is a piece of shit compared to PC.
>>
I was supper happy with house of wolvs, considering that was the only dlc that dident obsolete equiptment. I hated that everything i worked so hard to get and max out became trash when the taken king came out so much that i dropped the game for like 2 months and probubly not spending any more money on Destiny in general.
>>
>>319752525
I tried D3 on console just out of curiosity. It's such a fucking faceroll. The roll dodge they give you because controllers suck makes it easy mode.
>>
>>319752236
Well that wouldn't change anything, I only play on PC. Steam machine is a console :^(
>>
>>319752738
All there is to do now is story and those dumb objective modes that basically ARE the story. Rifts are fun but they're pointless. Where's my seasonal play? Where my FUN online adventure I was promised?
>>
It's pretty grindy, but I actually really like it. The best parts are definitely the raids, but actually trials of osiris is pretty good if you can get some friends who know which button is the shoot button.

Without it, my ps4 would never be played. Goddamn gameless space waster.
>>
Pve was fine, I just don't like the business model

Im so supposed to be okay with spending 60 for a shit base game, 20 for just another raid 20 for horde mode and then 40 for somewhat fun expansion but the grind becomes real. 140 for what any mmo would have given me for base price

also bungie adopted there halo reach ideology for gameplay and I fucking hate that game with a passion.
>>
>>319752716
LOL was able to get a majority of the exotics through blueprints, this Tuesday they released EVEN more old and new exotics. They even made carbon copies of the most popular and whined about legendaries for those that couldn't leave them behind. You secretly just salty about the gamebreaking ghally?
>>
>>319752941
Not to mention the shit pvp, call of duty in space

the micro-transactions that bungie feels the need to keep along with the cost of expansions not one or the other, both.
>>
>>319753036
Na, i did pick it up the week or 2 before it died. Was salty more for my fatebringer and praydeath's ive has sence my first vog run. I dident have the time to no life the game, so i ended up hitting max light just before each expansion.
>>
>>319753220
I could be wrong but theres most likely no more dlc after the taken king, there is info to back this up, but i dont feel like digging for it right now.
>>
>>319753220
Yeah this hurt the most. I was so excited to see what they'd do new, especially after Halo only to be disappointed by how unbelievably restricted and limited the multiplayer was and how dull, repetitive and uninteresting it was. Where's the company that made halo 3?
>>
>>319751118
This.

I've put in over 1500 hours. It's time for a break, my backlog is getting huge. Currently debating between XCX or Tales of Zestiria.
>>
>>319750763
>MMO gear treadmill
>give it a chance

no
>>
>>319750763
The PvE content is fine but holy fuck, the pvp in this game is so fucking bad. I sometimes do a double take when the game starts up and forget that fucking Bungie made this game. The only thing that makes me do pvp every week is trials and the only way I have any fun is by hooking up is /dg/ players.
>>
>>319750763
Because they haven't played it the marketing makes them think it's generic.
>>
>>319753726
There is the devs talked about working on something big on bnet after announcing sparrow race
>>
>>319750763
Isn't it a free to play style game that you pay to play?
>>
>>319754214
has less content then that. you have
>strikes
>pvp
>race
>Raid that is if you have enough people
>>
It's still beyond bare bones and they can't even be fucking arsed to add a few more locations or add in new enemies.
They are cheaper then fucking blizzard.
>>
File: CVldDFsUYAA9PgN.jpg (58 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
CVldDFsUYAA9PgN.jpg
58 KB, 600x612
>>319750763
>f2p tier grindan for full price
>very little content
>100$ pretty much mandatory DLCs
>STILL has micro-transactions
>korean-level grind
>>
>>319752304
Destiny 2 and every subsequent game after is confirmed pc lol. Are you upset?
>>
>>319754142
Nobody said it´s generic, everyone said it´s too little for to much, lackluster content, weak presentation and repetition.
>>
>>319755512
Stop talking about games youve clearly never played.
>>
>>319756273
No anon that is the game excluding the 100 price now, before it was from vanilla until the legendary edition came out, Story is shit aswell
>>
>>319750763
It lacks content and just gets boring.
The game play is pretty good, and the gunplay feels great. But it relies on doing menial bullshit to get through the game.
What I mean is every story mission+dlc is like this:
>go here
>press button/scan this thing
>defend this for 5 minutes
>kill big enemy
>mission over
It just gets really boring, really quick.
The dailies/bounty system is boring as fuck and not worth the time.
>go collect 20 of these
>go get 50 heatshots on these characters
The loot system sucks, and the buying system sucks. I don't want to grind challenges that involve killing bulletsponge bosses and it's 50 adds of backup, just so I can get a few coins closer towards buying shit.
The PVP is shallow and flawed, just use shotgun and win.
And the DLC is absolute garbage, all 3 of them. It's the same shit in the same locations, save for a few new locations in Taken King.
I wasted $120 on this shit, I only got the Legendary Edition cause my friends wanted to get back into it, we dropped it within days.
>>
>>319750763

It is, at the end of the day, just an
arena shooter with randomly generated loot, rpg-ultra-lite mechanics .
And worst part is, it has Diablo3-like,WOW-like "qualities".
It literally parasites your playing time.
When you play game like that, you only play THAT game, its like your second job, or chore, you dont even follow if there is some new game out.
I had that expirience with Diablo3 and never again!
Problem is, as with D3, Destiny has actually very little actual content, everything is meta.
Ill talk about Diablo3 but same rule apllies to Destiny.
When you finish Diablo3 for the first time(when you kill Diablo) game is over, you actually saw all that game has to offer. But then comes that "chore"/"second job that is easy and mind-numbing"/"gotta catch them all"/"slot machine" meta mechanic in play.
You do dailies ,weeklies as they are some new stuff... They are not, developers abuse your brain functions that control your dopamine levels.

Let me ask you one question:Did you ever played Destiny even tho you hated it and were totally disgusted by it, but you couldn't stop. This phenomena happens because your brain is trained that it will get dose of dopamine if you play the game(way back when game was actually interesting and fresh, that was the period when they used Pavlov's Reflex on you and trained you) , second thing is endless progress, it is in our nature that we love to progress, they abuse that brain mechanic by putting carrot on the stick in front you, no matter what level you are, no matter how good gun you have ,you will never be the best .
But if you remove all that, it is just multi-player Borderlands with prettier graphics and shittier story.
Success of your avatar is not your success.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.