[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a lore thread? Not DEEPEST lore. Just a lore thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151210_153927.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_153927.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Can we have a lore thread?
Not DEEPEST lore. Just a lore thread.

>In OoT, the Running Man tells you you must be able to hear the voices upon wearing the Bunny Hood. An additional piece of text was added in the remake, but this is not canon, because the text is referring to one of only two other mentions of the word voice in OOT.
>A man in castle town looking over the marketplace tells you that Hylians have long ear so they can hear the voices of the gods. Running Man specifically takes note of the long ears, before he notices that they are rabbit's ears.
>Running Man is able to hear the voice of Hylia or the three goddesses.
>This explains how he is able to find a way out of Hyrule and into the world of Mario, whereupon completing a 100% file of Super Mario Sunshine you will be treated to a scene where he finds the Magic Paintbrush of Dr. Elvin Gadd.
>He uses this to become a mute Shadow Mario in the game Super Mario Galaxy, where he has a rematch with Mario and loses again. This is a meta reference to the fact Sunshine's Shadow Mario and Piantissimo II (Running Man's alter-ego) shared the same model bones.
>Upon being soundly defeated, the Running Man embarks back to Hyrule, but ends up in Lorule instead. Here, he has the Magic Paintbrush stolen by Yuga who uses it to terrorize Hyrule.
>>
>>319747249
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY
>>
IT'S JUST
>>
A Combo breaker.
>>
>Rabbits are legendary animals

Since when? Did the king have them all killed?
>>
>>319747249
I thought it was interesting at least.
>>
>>319748826
They give you power stars in the mario franchise. I'd say that's pretty legendary for the universe.
>>
File: IMG_20151210_152941.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_152941.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>319748826
Nah. I was misled and misinformed an anon a few days ago about them being extinct in Hyrule, citing them among the reasons I hate ST, because I thought it was a plothole that they introduced them.
In reality, after digging deeper (pictured), they are still alive. Just rare apparently. Like jackalopes I guess. It would have been funny if this was known back in the day and people started rumors about seeing rabbits based on this guy's dialogue. Like the truck in Pokemon.

>>319747249
Thanks, I try.
>>
>>319747249
Who is the happy mask salesman? What are his true motives? Where does he come from? I can't be the only one who thinks he'll eventually be linked to some kind of evil beyond the whole demise curse
>>
>>319748091
A THEORY
>>
>>319752689
A GAME THEORY!
>>
>>319751252
He's a royal aristocrat of the Sheikah privy to knowledge beyond the commoner's bank (how he knows the way to and from Termina, and why he has a Mask of Truth) who after some incident that exposed him to society and learning that very few were as priveleged, left home for a quest of enlightenment and returned to Hyrule to bring people joy having discovered the true meaning of masks as containers of people's feelings.

There is no evil connotation to him. The reason he wants Majora's Mask is that it might be his mask. If you assume that the rift Majora opens at the end is one into the memories/feelings of the past. That's why the kids are still learning what faces are. They're Sheikah and they're trying to assess the truth about people, in order to know what makes them happy.

The meadow on the moon is a Mask of Truth from above (the giant gash is the smiley face).
>>
>>319747249
Okay now explain how the paintbrush wound up in the Wii U Kirby game
>>
>>319753770
What Kirby game?
>>
>>319753810
Canvas something or other
>>
>>319753935
Haven't played it so I can't. Sorry bro. Out of my peripheral.
>>
File: mario lore.png (234 KB, 444x496) Image search: [Google]
mario lore.png
234 KB, 444x496
>>
>>319753623
majora is an imprioned twilii or whatever.
>>
>>319755029
You mean Bongo Bongo. Majora is a demon cast out of heaven ala Lucifer that died and was made a mask for hexes.
>>
>>319751252
>Who is the happy mask salesman?
Miyamoto.
>>
>>319755898
No, Majora is the three Goddesses of Hyrule's punishment upon the people of Termina for building the Stone Tower in an attempt to challenge the Goddesses.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.