[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly think this is just as shit as Fallout. The story's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
I honestly think this is just as shit as Fallout. The story's obviously much better but the gameplay certainly isn't, and the facial animations/cutscenes are still barely passable. Geralt's voice acting is stiff as fuck and pretty much every dialogue sequence is awkward/cringy to watch.
>>
>comparing plot for your everyday retard to well thought fantasy world having their roots in books
>>
>>319746792

In English please
>>
>>319746653
whatever helps soothe the pain of fallout 4 getting no awards, bethdrone
>>
>>319746792
no he lready said the storys better, its the gameplay thats shitty. To be frank the game that has the most interesting gameplay mechanics and greatest challenge this year was Bloodborne, but its these linear casual open world games with "EPIC" story lines stolen from Game of Thrones to please the cinematic gaming audience that wins awards with the casuals and game journos so it is what it is.
>>
>>319746653
Comparing animations in any game to Bethesda's is a crime.
>>
>>319746653

>and the facial animations/cutscenes are still barely passable.

Nigger what, TW3 has THE best possible automated facial animation out there.
>>
>>319746653
Stop telling your wrong opinions on the internet.
>>
>>319746653
>facial animations/cutscenes are still barely passable

Well that's just a blatant fucking lie, especially when you're talking about comparing it to fucking Fallout 4.
>>
>>319746968

Fallout 4 is shit too, I acknowledge that. That doesn't mean Witcher 3 is a godsend. GTA V was the last good game released.
>>
>not worshipping TW3 and CDPR on /v/

careful OP, you're gonna get jumped on by CDPR shills. but you knew that going in when you posted this bait didn't you?
>>
>>319747043

GTA V's actual cutscenes are better. WE has better facial animations but the overall presentation is still shit.

>>319747114

Fallout 4's facial animations aren't even worth discussing but W3's still aren't very good
>>
>>319747043
for an open world game yes. not for any game ever though.
>>
>>319747142
Nah. Most of the time it's just all the replies telling OP to kill himself for making such a blatant bait.
>>
>>319747209

>Hand directed cut scenes are better than automated ones done by engine algorithms.

Gee what a suprise.

>>319747296

Games that aren't open world generally don't use automated facial animation. They mostly use hand animated or facial capture. So your comparison is irrelevant.
>>
>>319747482

It doesn't matter how CDProjektDead achieved the cutscenes, the final presentation is much more important. And Witcher 3's final presentation is clunky awkward cringy garbage
>>
File: btfo.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>319746653
Why do people rage at games calling them shit/bad? If you don't like a game then why not stop playing it or don't play it at all? Go play your fucking video game you love instead of bitching about every game you don't like.

I liked every big game released this year, except for Mgs5, which majority of the people liked. So I am just not playing it, why would anyone waste their time hating on games they don't like?

As for Witcher 3 it was fantastic, the best game released this year imo. Witcher 3 did everything better than Fallout 4 except for exploration/combat gameplay.
>>
>>319746653
Fuck off OP, I can tell you haven't even played the previous Witcher games so just shut the fuck up
>>
>>319747710

Why would playing the first two have done to further my enjoyment
>>
>>319747618

>It doesn't matter how CDProjektDead achieved the cutscenes, the final presentation is much more important.

Expectations change based on tools and scale. So it does matter. I'm not going to ding an independent French film for not having CG visuals on par with Avengers.

>And Witcher 3's final presentation is clunky awkward cringy garbage

No it isn't you hyperbole spouting degenerate.
>>
>caring about stories in GAMES

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us
>>
>>319747806

If you aren't a triple-a company don't make triple-a games. I'd totally 'ding' an independent french film for not having proper CG visuals if that's what the fucking movie was centered around. Witcher 3 would have benefited greatly from superior cutscene technology
>>
>>319748320

You don't know what you're talking about it's very evident.

The Witcher 3 has as much spoken dialogue as the entire lord of the rings trilogy.

You can't facial capture or hand animate that much animation.
>>
>>319748476

>You don't know what you're talking about

yes I do. If you don't have the capital/time to produce something don't make that product. I'd rather have no Witcher 3 than this Witcher 3.
>>
>>319748476

Lets not forget, the facial animation also works with 8 different languages.
>>
>>319748612

> If you don't have the capital/time to produce something don't make that product.

But they did, and you're wrong about the facial animation.

>I'd rather have no Witcher 3 than this Witcher 3.

Like I said, hyperbole spouting degenerate.

Have fun with your thread.
>>
>>319748612
But they did make the product and it was well received
What now
And by your logic no tech product ever should be made because there's always something you could improve by pumping more money into it, or by making it in the future when there's better tech
>>
>>319748719

>But they did

I guess if you consider a terrible product passable, yeah, they did. Technically I could make "GTA VI" on Unity in 3 hours but somehow I don't think it'd be very good. Maybe if I had funding, time, and talent it'd be different...

hmm...

maybe CDProjektRed shouldn't have made the game in the first place.
>>
>>319748868
thank you for sharing your opinions
>>
>>319748947

>I like bad games
>>
>>319748947
>>319749010

>no reply

looks like I won
>>
>>319749320
Not him but are you 13 years old or something
Can you fuck off
>>
>>319749436

>Not him

I bet. Go back to Poland you pathetic little man.
>>
File: 12312321.gif (431 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
12312321.gif
431 KB, 250x189
>>319749320

You sure did buddy... you sure did.
>>
>>319748868
>maybe CDProjektRed shouldn't have made the game in the first place.
Where is the logic behind that.
People like you who against logic seem to dislike it are and infinitesimal minority, and they had a huge success financially and for their reputation.
Why exactly shouldn´t they have made it? Because it doesn´t do everything to the fullest of all possible extents?
Where does this leave Fallout 4 which does do nothing to any acceptable extent, made by an - inexplicably still considered - AAA company?

If shit like F4 has a place shit like W3 has a place even moreso.
>>
File: get fucked.png (17 KB, 573x324) Image search: [Google]
get fucked.png
17 KB, 573x324
>>319749472
If underage fucknuggets like you could just stop thinking that /v/ is their fucking daycare the board would improve substantially
>>
>>319749472
>nationalism
Wow, that deteriorated quickly.
What's next, calling people poopyheads?
>>
File: rK2aY1s.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rK2aY1s.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>319749540

Don't waste your effort anon, we've established this thread as either a troll thread or a thread made by the mentally challenged.
>>
>>319746653
what? I understand criticism of the combat, hell even of the story or the world, but the animations? Holy shit, they're absolutely top notch
>>
>>319749540

Fallout 4 does almost everything correct, aside from gameplay and story

>>319749569
>>319749624

>resorting to shitflinging rather than actual rebuttals

quite the embarrassment
>>
>>319749712
Rebuttal to what, your opinions you didn't flesh out in any way whatsoever?
Here, just for you
Game is good
>>
File: 51523512.jpg (22 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
51523512.jpg
22 KB, 300x400
>>319749712

Yep. Troll thread.
>>
>>319749794

>implying I need to flesh anything out

Witcher 3's animations aren't even remotely close to Uncharted 4, a game releasing merely a year after
>>
>>319749876
>>implying I need to flesh anything out
Yeah lol who ther fuck needs arguments to argue on a discussion chalkboard
What fucking chumps
>>
File: download.png (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6 KB, 224x225
Good lord people argue in these troll threads.
>>
>>319749876

Uncharted 4's levels aren't even remotely close to the size of The Witcher 3's.

A game that released merely 8 months ago.

They may have well just not made the game then right anon?
>>
>>319749965

>Witcher 3's animations aren't even remotely close to Uncharted 4, a game releasing merely a year after
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.