[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's actually better than I thought it would be. How did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: cover_large.jpg (76 KB, 600x492) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
76 KB, 600x492
It's actually better than I thought it would be. How did they get a 500GB game looking and running like that?

Really fun and challenging.
>>
500 gigs?
Damn dude
>>
>>319740347
>500GB
The fuck?
>>
>>319740347
Is it good enough to replace F-Zero?
>>
It actually looks like a shit PC game on steam that people would lose interest in in about a month. Since its all you have on Wii u you puss pods eat it up like its ice cream soup.
>>
>>319740347
>500 GB
>>
>>319740347
>500GB game
>>
>>319740516
>>319740616
500MB I meant.
Whoops.
>>
File: 1447612623375.jpg (172 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1447612623375.jpg
172 KB, 1366x768
>>319740347
>500GB game
>>
File: 1449002081788.png (138 KB, 349x415) Image search: [Google]
1449002081788.png
138 KB, 349x415
>>319740347
>500GB
I knew these next gen installs were getting pretty hefty, but hot dog boy-o.
>>
>>319740605
Yeah mate I'll count the number of WipeOut and F-Zero games on PC, will I?
>>
Fucking hell just imagine a 500GB game.
>>
File: sweaty fat man.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
sweaty fat man.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
I'm only partway through the Supersonic speed class and the AI is kicking my ass, fuck the Titanium Cup's first starting track

How do I git gud at cornering? Turning and sliding feel different compared to Wipeout and F-Zero. Does vehicle weight have more to it than just vehicle handling?

>>319740902
There's at least one Wipeout game on PC and the early access Formula Fusion is made by the same devs

Slipstream GX is a free Wipeout clone/fangame with no specified release date
>>
>>319740550

Nah. But it's alright as its own thing
>>
>>319741230

>Slipstream GX

Add BallisticNG to that list, I'm personally more interested in that one but I think it's the same guy doing the handling for both games now. Slipstream looked pretty crude before but I guess he's fixing it up now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM0ff474QZs
>>
It's better than GX, that's for sure.
>>
People will shitpost about it, but for a $15 game the value is fucking there.
>>
>>319741889

Yeah, wasn't Wipeout HD like twenty bucks when it came out too? Where have these arcade games gone? They don't cost much to make. Why haven't we gotten a new SSX after 2012, they already have the new engine they worked on so they'd just need to make some new tracks and characters
>>
>>319740550
Not really a subsititute for F-Zero entirely, but I think it's solid for what it is, a relatively cheap eShop title. Though there are a lack of some features like a free play mode, even in multiplayer you can only do cups of four and not individual tracks of your choosing. The framerate in 3-4 player splitscreen is erratic as well but otherwise with two people it's usually fine.

Hero mode makes the game more F-Zero like (crash = death, boost meter = health), it's on the fastest speed level, and also mirrors all the tracks while you must finish first or bust, but I'm not sure if you can play with it on in multiplayer mode.

The HUD is also just tiny as shit text, too. Like come on, add a proper odometer or something, it wouldn't be that obtrusive. Otherwise the game is alright.

I also hope you like the same typeface that was used in TimeSplitters 2 and Halo, you'll be seeing it a lot.

>>319741550
I haven't heard anything new about Slipstream GX in a while either, so that's got me a bit worried. I thought the demo wasn't overly bad in presentation value minus the character portraits.

Going by the movement of the camera is BallisticNG more like classic Wipeout? Slipstream kinda feels more akin to Pulse and onward.
>>
>>319742237

Yeah I believe Ballistic is trying to replicate the PS1 games, it started as a remake project or something. Will probably take a while if it's just one game cranking out tracks and such
>>
>>319742439
Well I hope both projects end up getting finished, if they get online capabilities it might be fun to play with /v/ or something.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.