[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Super Mario World is not on the 3DS eshop Why is Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Super Mario World map.jpg (423 KB, 1211x947) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario World map.jpg
423 KB, 1211x947
>Super Mario World is not on the 3DS eshop

Why is Nintendo so retarded?
>>
ye cuz everyone havent played SMW already
>>
you can get it on wii/wii u
>>
Because they can't make SNES games run on the 3DS while still being able to suspend them and return the menu or make save states.
>>
>GBA games not on the eShop
>Old NDS games not on the eShop
>Not the giant catalog of GBC games, just a little selection of titles
Nintendo hates money
>>
File: 1416041747474.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1416041747474.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>>319728797
No idea, i expected a SNES and GBA VC for the N3DS as an incentive to make people to upgrade but i don't see that happening anytime soon. Or maybe the new 3DS is not powerful enough to handle SNES and GBA emulation?
>>
>>319728797
>No DS games for download
>No SNES, GBA VC
>current GB games are only monochrome with no SGB support
>no wireless or online
>NES, SNES VC titles run like shit on the WiiU
>no gamepad support for Wii mode
>crossbuy is just NOW being implemented
Nintendo is on several layers of stupid
>>
>>319729674
N3DS would be able. Homebrew emulators are already running somewhat properly on it.
But I dont think that Nintendo wants to put the work in for a device that most dont have.
>>
Because the O3DS can barely run SNES games.
>>
File: 1436722265494.png (41 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
1436722265494.png
41 KB, 250x211
>GBA and DS games are on the wiiu eshop

why the fuck do they do this?
>>
>>319730409

The 3DS has shit hardware.
>>
>Super Mario RPG is not on Wii U e-shop

I just want to get cozy under some covers and play Super Mario RPG on a Tablet sized screen.

I'll just stick to my PSP until they release it.
>>
>>319728797
Is on the WiiU Virtual Console
>>
>>319728797
>He hasn't just downloaded a ROM of it

Why is OP so retarded?
>>
>>319728797
>Why is Nintendo so retarded?

Because they are Nintendo
>>
>>319730158
>No DS games for download
Legitimate complaint.

>No SNES, GBA VC
Hardware is too weak to emulate them well. The GBA games from the Ambassador program were barebones as fuck and didn't support standby.

>current GB games are only monochrome with no SGB support
They're Game Boy games. The 3DS isn't a Super Game Boy or Game Boy Player.

>no wireless or online
Gen 1 Pokemon games will have wifi trading support, at least.

>NES, SNES VC titles run like shit on the WiiU
I don't have problems with Wii U VC.

>no gamepad support for Wii mode
Why would there be? Are you stupid?

>crossbuy is just NOW being implemented
Legitimate complaint.
>>
>>319730474
>>319729674
3DS already has GBA games, they were just only for ambassadors. So yes it can run GBA. Don't know why they won't sell them.
>>
>>319730476
This is one of the best Virtual console features on the Wii U.

Also being able to bind SNES and GBA games to a Vertical held Wii Remote, so you can play RPGs and other non-reaction time based games with one hand.
>>
>PSP can perfectly run PSOne games
>3DS can't even handle 2D gen SNES tittles.

Like my 3DS, but Nintendo hates money.
>>
>>319730797

If you want GBA on 3DS so bad, buy a homebrew N3DS. Otherwise just use a PSP or Vita like a normal person, better yet, play on the actual hardware. Micro masterrace
>>
>>319730758
>>no gamepad support for Wii mode
>Why would there be? Are you stupid?
For shit that supports classic or GC controllers, why can't the gamepad be used for those games?
>>
>>319730758
>Hardware is too weak to emulate them well

Even toaster computers from 1998 could handle GBA games what the fuck
>>
>>319731101
Probably because Gamepad support wasn't programmed into the Wii system software.
>>
>>319730797
They don't use the regular VC interface and I don't think they have save states or standby either.
>>
They should just hire M2 to make a 3D classic versions of SNES games.
>>
There are 3DS flashcarts now that run SNES and GBA games flawlessly

What the hell, nintendo?
>>
File: averagewiiuvcgame.gif (700 KB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
averagewiiuvcgame.gif
700 KB, 568x320
>>319730758
>>No SNES, GBA VC
>Hardware is too weak to emulate them well. The GBA games from the Ambassador program were barebones as fuck and didn't support standby.
Too weak yet exists anyway and hell the hardware is in there they just need to use it.
>>current GB games are only monochrome with no SGB support
>They're Game Boy games. The 3DS isn't a Super Game Boy or Game Boy Player.
They can emulate GBC which had color support and SGB was basically pumped up GB hardware, there's no reason why that shouldn't exist
>>no wireless or online
>Gen 1 Pokemon games will have wifi trading support, at least.
wireless only and look how long that took

>>NES, SNES VC titles run like shit on the WiiU
>I don't have problems with Wii U VC.
You aren't paying attention enough

>>no gamepad support for Wii mode
>Why would there be? Are you stupid?
Works with downloadable Wii titles theres really no reason why you couldn't use the gamepad as a classic controller
>>
>>319730306
extremely false
>>
>>319728871
Literally that argument could be made for half of the eshop titles anon. Not really a good point as to why no super mario world.
>>
>>319730867
>Also being able to bind SNES and GBA games to a Vertical held Wii Remote, so you can play RPGs and other non-reaction time based games with one hand.

I loved having the one handed option in Radiant Dawn, made playing the game for Long periods of Time more comfortable. I'm going to try this with The GBA Fire Emblem games and Maybe Golden Sun, any other RPGs with no reaction timing required (No Superstar Saga) on the NES/SNES/GBA Wii U Virtual Console?
>>
>>319730797
They run on the ds hardware so they can't have any of the 3ds functions like miiverse, sleep or a less shitty resolution and no one would pay for that
>>
>>319730758
All VC games have stupidly high input lag in Wii U when on Wii VC there was only 1-2 frames of input lag. Also NES games have shit colour and scale terribly for whatever reason.
>>
>>319733098
is that true for GBA.DS and N64?
I know it's all over the place with NES and SNES but I don't know about the others
>>
>>319728958
Is that the reason? Do you have a source? I'd be interested to read about it.

Makes me mad, though. 3DS is the perfect platform for SNES games. The hackware doesn't have emulators yet, does it?
>>
>>319731146
Those emulators weren't accurate though. Nintendo tries to make their emulators accurate as fuck (the more accurate it is, the faster hardware you need. There's like a near 100% accurate SNES emulator that requires a 3GHz modern CPU) while also adding a few extra features such as suspend and save states.
>>
File: tangy.jpg (130 KB, 836x836) Image search: [Google]
tangy.jpg
130 KB, 836x836
>>319728797
I love my wii u but it's fucking retarded to not dump your entire fucking library on the eshop. If you have licensing issues then fuck it, dump all of the IP games you OWN. There's no reason for this, it's unacceptable. It would generate so much fucking income it would be stupid.

Why is it that I can get literally every single NES,SNES, N64, Gameboy (all of them), roms in under a minute? I could do this shit like 18 years ago. What the fuck nintendo? Why the fuck won't you release METROID ZERO MISSION IN THE US.

God fucking damnit. This shit has just pissed me off now. Thanks OP.
>>
>>319731395
The SGB used the GameBoy hardware to play GB games, but it used the SNES hardware for the borders and the other stuff. It wouldn't work then.
>>
Nintendo really needs to give their handhelds higher screen size and especially resolution
>>
>>319738262
Is that not going to be a given for the next console? Literally every generation of handhelds after the next upped the screen resolution. They'll probably up the next one to 480p or something around the Vita's resolution.

The 3DS came out in like 2011, with its hardware pretty much finalized by 2010.

Or the NX will be the hybrid between console and handheld. Nintendo made a patent recently for a detachable input device with it's own computing system so my theory of that hybrid has come a bit further now.
>>
>SMW comes out on the 3DS eShop
>It's the shitty Advance version from GBA
>>
>>319737316
The difference is that Nintendo has all if the documentation for their hardware and should know exactly how it worked.
>>
Honestly, fuck the Virtual Console. Don't support that shit.

You can get a softmodded Wii and you have access to emulators for consoles for pretty much everything before PS1. You can get some N64 emulation with VC wads and through injection if you really need it. Hell, you can do that shit in the Wii Mode of your Wii U.
You can invest in a Raspberry Pi or something similar and some controllers and you can even emulate N64/PS1 decently depending on what you get.

Maybe pick up a decent CRT. You'll have a much better experience.

Even your fucking phone or a PSP can emulate most things decently enough if you care about portability.
>>
File: 142646-crying.jpg (145 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
142646-crying.jpg
145 KB, 525x394
>>319739578
>mfw that happens
>>
>>319729134
>giant catalog of GBC games

Other than Pokemon and other first party nintendo games, the GBC catalog is made up of all shitty games based on cartoons/movies that nobody remembers.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.