[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DANK SOUR 3 LORE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
Can we have a DS3 lore speculation thread?
Been watching lot of videos about the lore of the series and i am incredibly hype about what the fuck DS3 is gonna be about.

Looks like the game is about ending the cycle.
>>
>>319720902

Don't even know where to start really. Many lords of cinder bosses shit gon' be good.
>>
>>319721089
Can someone explain who the Lords of cinder are exactly?
>>
File: 1392464606073.png (124 KB, 448x352) Image search: [Google]
1392464606073.png
124 KB, 448x352
>>319720902
>entire game is a giant ladder match fighting all the previous Lords of Cinder and their chief underlings
>>
>>319721154

People who have rekindled the flame over the centuries.
>>
>>319721351
>yfw save file from previous games transfers over to DS3 and you fight your older character who rekindled the flame as a lord of cinder.
>>
>>319721154
Heirs actually, it seems that in this cycle nobody linked the fire ala DS2 leave ending causing the land to return to how it was in the beginning a land of grey ash.
This is kinda supported by the return of dragons . These Heirs of Cinder including the PC this time around (supported by the fact that the player doesn't go hollow) are the only things that can possibly link/reignite the fire to bring back an age of light from this never ending twilight.
>>
>>319720902
>speculation thread
Please no
>>
>>319721775
i think the heirs of cinder are undead who have gained access the the crowns (or something like the crowns) that stop the curse. the miracle that vendrick was able to perform in das2 with all the lost crowns plus his own in the king's memory must have proliferated throughout the ages to other civilizations. hence we will never go hollow in this game.

however, it doesn't seem that being immune to the curse is absolutely necessary to linking the fire. that wasn't the case in the past games, why should that be the case this time around?
>>
>>319722570
What are you afraid of senpai?
>>
>>319722639
Maybe the Heirs of Cinder are all that's left of the first fire or the only creatures that can reignite the first fire, because the fire really seems to be completely out this time around.
>>
>>319723749
ah, alright. if that's true, the reason they're able to reignite the fire isn't because they're born of the ability to do so, but because they've acquired something that allows them to. the reason i think this is the case is because the heirs of cinder we've been shown are all radically different from eachother- the giant in the trailer, presumably the player character, the dancer of the frigid valley, and so on. all sorts of beings can be heirs of cinder. it's probably linked to whether or not they have access to the curse-breaking crown or whatever the equivalent curse-breaking mechanism is in the current state of the world.

there's not too much more we can speculate until we get more material and the game is out, unfortunately.
>>
bimp
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.