[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly I'm not really liking how FFXV is turning out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1435472410502.png (410 KB, 865x551) Image search: [Google]
1435472410502.png
410 KB, 865x551
Honestly I'm not really liking how FFXV is turning out. The boybandness is weird and the gameplay of the demo seems uninspired. Can FFXV-kun resist this thread? Find out on this episode of Dragon Ball /v/!
>>
>>319711823
boy bands spend all their time singing about how they love some girl and FFXV…seems to spend most of its time focusing on getting to some princess?

I really am tired of entitled female princess shit. Like all the dudes in the kingdom have nothing better to do than serve you. This is a damned girl game.
>>
Who?
>>
>>319714427
You don't know about FFXV-kun? You lucky bastard.
>>
>>319714495
another shitposting faggot I'm assuming? More or less likely they are autistic
>>
>>319714578
So just like the OP then?
>>
>>319714578
Pretty much. It's to the point where he'll shit up threads where FFXV is even mentioned in passing.
>>319714659
Found him.
>>
>>319713807
I have no clue where your getting the princess shit, the story is pretty clearly hamlet and the part probably meets up with luna in the first few hours of the game cause they are clearly going for a war story with this one.
>>
>>319714806
>Someone says something factually incorrect about XV
>XV-kun comes in and corrects them with facts
>People get ass blasted after getting blown the fuck out
>le XV-kun le shits up le threads

No, people who spout incorrect shit are the ones shitting up threads, XV-kun is the hero we need by correcting misinfo about the game. He's never wrong too and you know it.
>>
>>319716123
He's been wrong plenty of times, and he's just copying and pasting his responses at this point. Now I know you want to be justified, but it's not cute at this point.
>>
I can't get over how stereotypically high-school-tier emo/goth the characters all look.

And what's the game even about anyways? All I've seen are them standing around a car.
>>
>>319716360
Hamlet meets Final Fantasy

Hamlet also wears black clothes to reflect his sullen state of mind.

The black clothes in XV have to do with Noctis's kingdom being one who has a death reaper as their guardian summon that they worship like a god, and the color black is specific to their culture because of that.

Basically it's the story about an exiled prince going on a quest to reclaim his kingdom and birthright after his kingdom was invaded, his crystal stolen and his father presumably killed.
>>
>No PC version
Dropped.

These losers need to get with the times. I ain't buying their fucking console.
>>
File: Noctis-and-Luna.jpg (689 KB, 1440x1620) Image search: [Google]
Noctis-and-Luna.jpg
689 KB, 1440x1620
>>319716760
And apparently there is a Moon named Ophelia, so maybe that is why they decided on the name Luna for Noctis's parallel akin to Hamlet and Ophelia.
>>
>>319716760

>FFXV
>Hamlet

The one that was supposed to be inspiried by Hamlet got ditched over EPISODIC, but i know you're XV-kun, so kindly erase your existence.
>>
>>319711823
Thanks for the blog mr. tumblr.
>>
>>319717875
What?
>>
>>319711823
The costant obsession this board has with that faggot is more annoying than XV-kun's autism.
>>
My biggest grip with the game so far is that my party members seem non relevant in combat. That is my biggest dislike with KH 2 and 3DD, your party is there to recieve hit s and heal you now and then, nothing else.

Still, there are some moments where they have saved my butt, Prompto kicking that robot ass when he was going to explode on me was pretty epic. And nothings feel better when I turn my back to group of enemies only to find them all dead when I turn back agian.
>>
File: CV6oRUBXIAEix9x.jpg orig.jpg (133 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CV6oRUBXIAEix9x.jpg orig.jpg
133 KB, 960x1280
New ingame screenshot

Looks like they changed the HUD and made it a bit bigger and has new things on it
>>
>>319719836
Oh shit just realized XV is running on a PC in that shot

You can see the Windows toolbar
>>
Who is XV-kun?

I played Episode Duscae 2.0 on shrooms with my best friend and we were nearly brought to tears by its beauty.
>>
For anyone not retarded, daily reminder that the whole war plot is a bluff.

The theme of the game is death, not only is the game based in the goddess Etro of the Crystal myth (with FF 13 and Agito being based in the other two mayor gods).

Not only the post credit teaser in the demo confirm this but there are several hidden images and symbolism relationated to death in the demos and trailers. For example, you can see a Skull hidden in the clothes of the main party
>>
I like it. It's good that they're experimenting with things instead of using a knight or something
>>
>>319719836
And as for HUD additions

Looks like they added MP bar for Gladio, Ignis and Prompto, in the demo only Noctis had MP.

There is now three boxes next to each party member probably used for the buffs that you set with food

Mini map with time of day icon

The bars are now angular instead of flat rectangles, kind of looks like the Pokemon BW/2 HP bar
>>
>>319716760
this is what i don't like about Final Fantasy know

IX was the last Final Fantasy to actually be coherent. all of the other ones since then have been overly Japanesey and 2deep4u, just plain fucking boring and borderline incomprehensible. there's nothing engaging about them anymore.
>>
>>319720097
it's not uncommon for them to build the games on PCs before downscaling them for consoles
>>
>>319720362
Apparently XV isn't be FNC anymore, it was already loosely connected to it in teh first place, so while those themes and lore all still there now like you said, just the name Etro is most likely changed to another name for the goddess of death
>>
>>319720097
hey dumbass what do you think they make games on? Your shitty ass xbone?
>>
>>319720669
How is Hamlet incoherent?

Literally Lion King.

The story about the characters, the death theme, the father and son, the bonds between friends, the war and political struggle, the plague of the stars etc all make it interesting
>>
>>319720669
>XI was the last good FF beause it was cohert
Space alien weapon merchant that builds black mages and sells it to queen on earth
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.