[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Save Scumming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Sarah Conner.jpg (64 KB, 620x469) Image search: [Google]
Sarah Conner.jpg
64 KB, 620x469
Have you ever exited a game via Home button/console power button when things start going bad, just for a second chance?

Have you ever done so during a story based game from Telltale?

Have you ever regretted not doing so?
>>
I did it a lot in Fallout to get my companions' approval up quickly.
>>
I did it in the witcher horse races when I went a little off the track
>>
Everyone has "savescummed."

Everyone.
>>
>>319710843
what the fuck? those things are easy man
get in front at them start and no matter how close they get to you they never pass you
>>
File: 1422664973458.jpg (24 KB, 453x470) Image search: [Google]
1422664973458.jpg
24 KB, 453x470
>>319710492
>take the worst character from the books
>make her even worse
>also make her a wisecracking progressive feminist
>normies everywhere hold up their girl Kelly C as the best character on TV
>stick her in Terminator

it's time to stop living
>>
I have, but I don't regret it. I got better and stopped doing it.

The time since your last save is so unbelievably important in games, by constantly saving to reduce that time you are effectively killing the game you're playing. Might as well not even play then.
>>
>>319711268
you forgot

>now that I'm famous, I refuse to show titty anymore

>>319710492
I have used task manager to close out of some games in order to prevent save updating in some particularly onerous cases. Is it savescumming? Sure. But ultimately, playing the game comes down to it providing me a means of having fun. If I feel it would be more fun to undo what occurred, I will do so. Although, it shouldn't be used more than rarely, because it shouldn't be your 100% solution instead of getting better.
>>
File: fresh prince of berlin.jpg (10 KB, 244x252) Image search: [Google]
fresh prince of berlin.jpg
10 KB, 244x252
>>319710492
>Have you ever done so during a story based game from Telltale?

Everything in those games is a placebo, what's the point? You'll always get the same ending, no matter what. If you have a choice between saving two characters' lives, the character you save will die within the next three episodes - and that's if you're LUCKY and they don't die within the same episode like in Walking Dead season 2.
>>
>>319710492
I've always been a save scummer. Especially on emulator when playing those hardass old games. I guess I'm just a casual.
>>
>>319711268
>stick her in Terminator
Shitty movie, so no problems.
>>
i used save states all the time when I was playing fft hardtype because stealing from elmdor was a fucking nightmare and fuck restarting 100 thousand times
>>
>tfw savescumming for +5's in mario and luigi superstar saga
>>
I only do it if something really bullshit happens.

Like every single turn in a game of XCOM missing, for 10 turns in a row.
>>
>>319710492
That is my constipation face no joke.
>>
>present evidence during testimony in ace attorney
>music keeps playing after Phoenix shouts "objection!"
>restart, load from last save
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>319710492

I honestly don't see why it's a bad thing unless you're doing it to somehow "beat" a game, one battle at a time, without ever taking damage. Sometimes, you just want to retry things with a better understanding after making whatever mistakes you may have made
>>
File: 1282681266050.jpg (38 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
1282681266050.jpg
38 KB, 518x518
>randomized loot chests in neverwinter knights

JUST GIVE ME WHAT I FUCKING WANT
>>
If a game has manual saves, I usually have a rule not to save during a fight. Savestating is only used for continuing where you left off or skipping waste of time animations/cutscenes (turbo applies to latter too)
>>
>>319710492
I am savescumming all the time because in vidya i'm roleplaying a white knight that saves everyfucking one and i try to get most content out of the game and something is permamently locked out because i picked something wrong
>>
>>319711268

buttblasted stannisfag detected.
>>
i savescum because fuck archers even with full plate, scale gloves and a kite shield one volley when I'm trying to slowly move my army up so they all attack at once fucks me up.
>>
>>319717771
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
>>
>>319718191

Either finish or fuck off
>>
>>319710492
>alt+f4
Yes
No
No
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.