[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw you can't start your own Brotherhood of Steel outcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: Danse.jpg (68 KB, 609x415) Image search: [Google]
Danse.jpg
68 KB, 609x415
>Tfw you can't start your own Brotherhood of Steel outcasts together with your best bro Danse after he's revealed to be a Synth

>Tfw you can't convince the Brotherhood that synths can be beneficial to humanity and kill that shitstain Maxson
>>
File: 2015-11-18_00001.jpg (488 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-18_00001.jpg
488 KB, 1680x1050
>>319701002
>decide to suck it up and kill danse
>shoot him in the head
>bloody mess causes his head to explode
>feels bad
>use console to resurrect him
>what have i done?
>i'm sorry danse, please forgive me
>>
>>319701002
>wanting a brotherhood of hippies
>>>/fo3/
>>
File: Danse.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Danse.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1200
>>319701002
>tfw Danse is just sitting outside red rocket in full x-01 in the exact same spot and I can't get him to leave because all I can do is ask him to trade while he occasionally tries to have sex with me
>>
>>319701002
So you just want Railroad but with power armor.
>>
>>319701748
kill that abomination
>>
>>319701002
Danse is for sexualizing. Best husbando
Also those lines he says after you sleep together get my dick rock hard.
>>
Some people have found audio files in the game that suggested you could have over thrown maxson.
>>
>>319703745
Doesn't surprise me given how rushed the game is, but I'm going to need proof.
>>
>>319703879

http://tentacle-explosion.tumblr.com/post/134440441756/huge-fallout-4-spoilers-in-the-audio-and-the-text

http://kotaku.com/hidden-audio-files-seem-to-show-a-cut-and-way-better-1746643448
>>
>>319703745
>>319703879
>>319704745
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3XdD4zHUg
>>
>Can't gather a bunch of synths to make a literal Brotherhood of Steel
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 456x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 456x240
Really bothers me how limited this game is compared to new Vegas. You can never question Sean about the fev experiments, you can't convince maxon to take the institute tech, you can't ask the railroad to take responsibility for synths that kill people like the raider synth. Holy shit...
>>
>>319702687
Don't we all?
>>
File: 1254687354651635.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1254687354651635.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>319701002
Danse was such a bro. Why did they have to make him gay, and a robot?

I wen't through the whole game, bro'n it up. Purgin the mutant. Saving the world. Then this awkward moment happens, and I can flirt with him? Fucking serious?

Brush it off. Whatever. Naa man, it's cool. I was enlisted, I know how battle bro's are. Then this dude comes at me again.

Fuck it. Gonna just pretend none of that happend. even though it did and I am just disgusted at this point

Get our fucking hello institute payload secured, Danse stays behind... knew some shit was up. Knew it when he wouldn't look at me when I kept prying him on why. Fine.

Go back and report to glorious leader... then the bomb drops. And it drops like a fuckin hydrogen bomb. Danse is a gay fucking synth. Literally.

So I hunt him down, and I need to look at my bro. My combat buddy one last time. I need to hear him tell me why, or what. Or who. Or anything. He just says, sorry. And that he wants to die.

So this is how it ends. I know it has to, he knows it. So I do it. I end it. The best bro. Bro of bro's. I put him down.

I feel cheated. Like, this is some sjw pandering bullshit. They took captain america, and and reduced him to a homosexual robot that can't live with himself. Fuck. You. Bethesda.

I retired his Power Armor. Even made a special room for it. And I go there sometimes, to remember my mentor. My best friend. My brother. And I always leave with a sick taste in my mouth, like this wasn't how it was supposed to be. Like I was cheated, because it would of been to politically incorrect to not have a gay pandering character, forced on you at some point in your adventure. Hey look at me! I'm progressive!

Piss. Off. Finished my mission, ended the threat, and I'm hanging it up. GG FO4.
>>
>>319706845
You know you could just savescum until you get the end where Danse survives and you get to keep him, he even gets X-01 armor.
>>
>>319701002
>Shit talking Elder Maxson
>Not wanting to clean the world of filth
Looks like we got ourselfs an Institute faggot
>>
>>319706845
You're reading too much into it. All the romanceable characters are, well, romanceable by either gender.
>>
>>319707054
You missed the fucking point.
>>
>>319706845
Every character is gay due to shit writing, you can romance the Irish sniper that has a wife and kid in dc, just because. Fuck I'm surprised you can't fuck the supermutant
>>
>>319707134
You missed the fact that even if you picked the female lead, you'd still be able to fuck him, everyone is bisexual.
>>
My biggest problem is they never gave you a BoS companion to replace Danse. Even if it was somebody like Haylen or Rhys.

It felt kinda ehh to charge though the Institute gatling lasers blazing with a random companion like Cait or McCready who really dont have anything to do with the BoS.
>>
>>319707257
His wife is dead though.
>>
>>319707290
Yeah and you know why? Because games try to do what Mass Effect does now, hey lets make anything that's alive bi! people will buy our games!
>>
>You will never get to go back to the Prydwen with Danse and confront Maxson
>You will never get to see them fight it out to see who will be the new Elder
>You will never become Elder with Danse by your side

Why? Because they cut that quest. They even have the dialogue voiced for it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ILG29fs3uNo
>>
If the brotherhood tries to keep technology away from people for their own good, then why is Danse trying to sell me a Jeep?

https://youtu.be/TY9MC4xpCFQ
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 350x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 350x237
>>319707085
Which is fucking stupid, every nig is bisexual? Even the dudes that had wives like dejan and mcarby?
>>
>>319707634
This commercial is actually set in the distant future of the Fallout universe where the Brotherhood distributes all technology to the people of the rebuilt world. Danse survived that long because he's a robot. They specialize in Jeep production now, gotta use all those power armor parts for something you know.
>>
>go back to Police Station after killing Danse
>Haylen tells me she hates me and will only work with me because she has to
>super cheery every time I talk to her afterwards, as if nothing happened
>talk to Rhys
>says he's gained respect for me and apologizes for his behaviour
>talks down to me and treats me like shit every dialogue afterwards
>>
>>319707085
>>319707257
>>319707290

That's the problem isn't? You know I could of almost lived with the fact that he was a Synth. I expected almost, I think towards the end. He was too good to be true.

Danse was, in my opinion, one of the coolest companions I ever got save the world with. He made me feel like a brotherhood of steel soldier, and like I didn't want to let him down. He had that thing man, that thing only a natural leader has... and it's RIPPED from me because some confused person needs social validation in video games! Fucking piss m8.

I loved my time with the game, but I can't do it with BoS anymore. Not without Danse. There's nothing left for me, even though I wanted to pretend there was. My rank means nothing, my achievements, nothing. Nothing without Danse. And I won't betray his final wish, and deny him the dignity of death.

People probably don't get that. Why a warrior after being disgraced or losing their honor would prefer death to living. And why denying them that honor is... well you just don't fucking do it. But I get it. And I killed the best fucking companion in this game because he was RUINED by Bethesda. It was like, they crafted this champion you could believe in, and some where down the line that script and writing fell into another pair of hands. A really bad pair of hands. This shits a trend, and you know it.

I'm not on board. And I just disapprove. Not shit I can do about, but I'll be damned if I will pretend it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>319708854
You don't need to flirt with him, he doesn't act gay until you initiate the flirting. I don't really see the issue. I mean I guess you could consider it lazy writing how the follower's sexual orientation doesn't exist until the player creates it.
>>
>>319708854

>He doesn't know how to pass speech checks

Danse didn't actually want to die, he was just freaking out and overwhelmed.
>>
>>319708854
>>319706845
>being this obnoxiously whiny
Just don't flirt with him, you retard.
How spoiled and stupid do you have to be to cry at the sheer thought of somebody somewhere being able to have an experience you don't approve of.
>>
>>319709273
>Freaking out and overwhelmed

Naa man. You can convince him he's wrong about it, but you do through speech checks. You convince him otherwise. I don't care what shitty writing says to make you feel better about yourself for saving his life, he wanted death. You are just given the option to save him because again, people need to feel validated. And they validate you by turning him into a husk of what he ever was.

>>319709150
You know, if he was just out rightly gay... I'd be okay with that. At least then, I can have a more complete Danse. But in this case it feels like they didn't have the fucking courage to pick a path for him. They make the player do it because they can't be responsible for making a decision about his fucking sexual orientation. Better it's left to the player to decide! Give me Danse, gay or straight. Stop with this bullshit pandering.
>>
>>319710264
Missed the point. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>319710454
>>319710617
>>319708854
>>319706845
I thought this was pasta at first, how high do you have to be to type like this?
>>
>>319701002
>tfw Maxson only knows about the synth blight because of Danse's intel
>>
>>319708854
>>319706845
>muh death of the author

Danse is a gay ass Synth. You're reading too much into it, pretending he's something he's not. Just accept it, stop try to look for good characters in bethesda games, and just keep collecting that junk.
>>
>>319707795
In a post apocalyptic wasteland, labels don't exist. People just want someone to be with. That pretty much entirely why MacCready goes with it, plus he mentions that he thinks it would be a good idea to move on
>>
>>319704745
>>319705308
would be cool considering what a retard Maxson is
>in a middle of conflict with the institute
>about to launch your final attack on which your survival will hinge
>"hey lets go attack those railroad guys we had no quarry with so far, just in case"
what a tactical genius, lets attack our potential ally in a war against a technologically superior opponent
also BOS had every possibility to establish and enforce a stable form of government, ally the 2 main towns and the railroad faction, and take out the institute while securing advanced tech and whole Boston region, and by supplying upcoming minutemen with weapons and help they could easyli secure the favor of the surrounding settlements
instead they go on some nazi white power crusade

then again its a Bethesda game, nobody expects good writing form them
>>
File: image.png (857 B, 24x11) Image search: [Google]
image.png
857 B, 24x11
>>319705308
We all know why it's not in the base game.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 398x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 398x503
I gunned him down like the degenerate he was
>>
>>319706845
>playing as a man
>not a bisexual woman

It's like you want awkward moments with your companions.
>>
>>319710887
Yeah but that's the fun part for me. I love reading to much into this shit. Plus Danse reminded me of someone I used to know. I just hate it when I get blind sided by some sjw bullshit in videogames.

Fuck it. I gave him what he wanted in the end. Last time I get invested in a Bethesda character though holy shit. Still got Dogmeat.
>>
>>319711145
I can't do the play as a woman thing. Just not for me.
>>
>>319711097
Why is that?
>>
tfw danse will never hold you in his arms while you're old and dying and he still looks as young and handsome as he was when you first met him.
>>
>>319710264
Spoiled? Fuck you it's vidya
>>
>>319712020
Yeah, that would be the give away. I wonder how long it was into the real Danses career that he got nabbed.
>>
I feel sorry for Danse, there is no happy ending for him. He clearly doesn't want to die, but is willing to die for an organisation that turned on him in an instant despite continued loyalty for years, just because he was a synth. I get the BOS don't like synths, but I think they could be convinced (if Beth bothered to include it) to let it slide for this one person.

If you let him live, he is just a hollow shell. Always talking about the BOS how how he will follow their ways till he dies, etc. Of course while this is down to Beth not bothering to give him new dialogue, it still sad to imagine him stuck in the past, never being able to return to the group he gave his life to.

Whether you kill him or let him live, to me at least it's the wrong choice. Best option is to never get in contact with the BOS and let him die with them when you eventually blow up their blimp.
>>
>>319703745
>Some dirty rando wastelander overthrowing a Maxson in the Brotherhood of Steel

Get fucking real. That would have been the dumbest shit ever. FO3 babbies would have probably ate that shit up tho on account of not even knowing who Roger Maxson was.
>>
>>319712463
some dirty rando wastelander who singlehandedly found, infiltrated, and helped the brotherhood destroy the institute, proven on the battlefield to be better than literally anyone in the brotherhood.
>>
>>319702080
>Destablize region and invade it
>Claim to be liberating civilians
>Really just concerned with threat elimination and recource collection
>Nuke region they're supposed to protect
>"Also, we're taking over the wastland"
>Literally the US Military
>>
>>319712463
Some would follow you and some wouldn't, be a lot like Lyons and the Outcasts, you'd basically be tearing the BOS apart for the life of a synth
>>
>>319713297
fINALLY somebody said it
>>
File: 1449367343115.png (249 KB, 394x382) Image search: [Google]
1449367343115.png
249 KB, 394x382
>>319701002
you would be able to in an obsidian fallout
>>
>>319713297
10/10 would enlist
>>
>>319713297
To be fair, they are made from the remnants of the US military. So they're just doing what they know.
>>
I sided with the Railroad. Didn't even do any Brotherhood quests.

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>319713193
That literally means nothing. We're talking about the last descendant of the founder of the Brotherhood of Steel. He doesn't need to be better than anyone.
>>
>>319713993
They're kind of the least impactful faction. So, depends on how you feel on that.
>>
>Killing danse
>Gen 3 synths use fathers DNA
>Practically killing your son
>>
>>319714280
>Implying he doesn't deserve to be killed over and over.

I mean, he's kind of a complete cunt so I don't really feel bad about that.
>>
File: AD VICTORIAM.png (443 KB, 1320x2436) Image search: [Google]
AD VICTORIAM.png
443 KB, 1320x2436
>>319713297
God bless!
>>
>>319714119
>He doesn't need to be better than anyone.
Isn't that how we got in such a shitty position in the first place.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.