[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>episodic why do people hate this...it means quality will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1419161036049.jpg (34 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1419161036049.jpg
34 KB, 396x388
>episodic

why do people hate this...it means quality will be fine.
>>
>>319700506
It means they're gonna charge you several times for the full game, that's why.
>>
>>319700506
>it means quality will be fine.
How does it mean that at all? Dumb froggboi
>>
it means they are going to kek you senpai desu baka
>>
With episodic games I tend to play the first part and then just lose interest by the time the second part comes out. It just doesn't make sense as a format for video games.
>>
>play first part
>it's shit
>now i don't have to bother with the rest

>play first part
>it's good
>now i'm obligated to buy every part they shit out

It's a double edged sword
>>
>I'm going to give you a hamburger with all the toppings you want but not all at the same time so enjoy eating the bun and meat while I prepare the rest of the buger for another year
>>
>>319700979
lulz anon, OP-chan is a faggot desu~
>>
The Walking Dead tried it and the resounding response was "i wish they would have just finished the whole game"
>>
>>319703294
1 or 2? I thought 1 was good. The only negative feelings I have around it, as usual, have to do with the fanbase and people going, "muh sweetpea manly tears"
>>
>>319700506
>it means quality will be fine.
Not necessarily.

Look at Life Is Strange ep. 5. It had noticeably shittier lip syncing because it was clearly rushed.
>>
>>319700506
Episodic can be perfectly fine, it all depends on how it's done.
It also doesn't work for every type of game, nor can they be spaced out too far apart or you risk the players losing interest.

So basically like with most stuff, if done well it can be good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.