[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get this bullshit to run?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Ive tried all the fixes I could find, is it possible to play kotor on a newer system?
>>
you got it on steam or cd? tried running it in compatibility mode?
>>
>>319699617
Steam, compaitibility mode at XP sp2, running with cut scenes disabled
>>
>>319699617
> Not running it in pre-2007 compat.

This is why game developers have such a hard time catering to the genenral public.

Half of them are too fucking stupid to be able to do anything with what they have, and want everything boiled down into a simple, easy to use, retard-proof method.
>>
>>319700367
So I just need an older system? The game doesn't want to play ball with my hardware?
>>
>>319700171
iirc correctly there was a fix on filefront but apparently the website has gone offline
>>
I use 8.1 and got it to run fine outside of some really odd frame drops every now and again.
>>
>>319700938
I'm on win7, even with the things I've used I can't get past the character creation screen
>>
>>319699617
gog niggah
>>
>>319699617
It works fine for me. Cutscenes take me out to desktop but I just click on the game and it continues normally.

Redownloaded it didn't need to do any fixing.
>>
>>319702661
8.1 btw
>>
>>319702410
So non-DRM edition will run better? What's the difference between the two that would hinder gameplay?
>>
>>319699617
I tried running Kotor 2 on a 64 bit windows 7 laptop from a disc. It doesn't work. Period. End of.

Just do what I did and watch a no-commentary LP of the game if you want to see the content. Any game that you can't run at all without searching for and downloading unofficial patches, and that may not even work perfectly after that, isn't worth your time OP.
>>
>>319703290
GOG games are cracked with the intended of them being workable on modern computers and KOTOR on steam doesn't because it still uses the older version.
>>
>>319703619
I think I'll have to follow that route, all the fixes ive found are deadlinks for crucial files on the fix like >>319700743 mentioned
>>
>>319699617
go into your files and delete the file ui_1 or something like that. also turn off grass and movies and it'll run fine
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.