[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FINAL FANTAS VI COMING TO PC DECEMBER 16TH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
So it's no longer just a faceless Steam entry, but a legitimate steam store page as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382900/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

December 16th is the release date. Do any of you plan on grabbing it or pirating it? I'm torn, personally. I don't want to spend my money on it, so I'd prefer to pirate it, but at the same time I want there to be an actual market for the game so maybe one day they might do a real remake of it.

Thoughts?
>>
>Do any of you plan on grabbing it or pirating it?
no

>I want there to be an actual market for the game so maybe one day they might do a real remake of it.
this isn't the way
>>
>>319697868
>I want there to be an actual market for the game so maybe one day they might do a real remake of it
They will see that these shitty, cheap ports sell a lot and will make more of those.
>>
>>319697868
It's the mobile version with its terrible "HD" sprites. I want to get it to show square that they really should give the PC more love, but honestly the mobile version of the game is terrible.

I'm torn.
>>
>>319697868
>FF6
who cares, you can emulate the SNES version for free and have been able to for over a decade, if you actually spend money on it you're a sucker. PSX and up is when emulation becomes a little more shaky, bring FF10 or something on to PC and then we can talk.

>>319698208
this, its why remasters and GOTY editions are so popular nowadays.
>>
I wish it didn't.
>>
>>319697868
>Veteran character designer Kazuko Shibuya has painstakingly recreated the graphics, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your PC for the very first time!
Why does this nigger still have a job?
The FFV page said the same thing, like they're fucking proud of it.
>>
>>319697868
What is there to talk about? It's 20 years old, all we can talk about how goofy the port is
>>
>>319698287
I guess I'm in the minority, but I like the new sprites. I think the game looks exciting.
>>
File: 1343283186044.gif (332 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1343283186044.gif
332 KB, 544x400
>Constant threads about it like this is some sort of big deal
>>
File: ff3.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ff3.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>319697868
Remake it in the style of the FF3 remake, and I'll buy it. It's my favourite game in the series, but this version looks like ass.
>>
Isn't it weird how technological limitations made games look actually better?

If you use video filters in emulators you should kill yourself.
>>
>>319698614
or dont remake it at all

why FF3 get good remake and 4-6 got ugly junk
>>
the FF7 translation is so bad you can't understand half of what happoens in the story. If they spent the effort updating the grafics then I hope they'd at least do a proper translation.
>>
>>319698583

This. Stop shilling this half assed port, nobody gives a fuck. Game looks like graphical vomit anyways, you're better off playing a patched GBA version.
>>
>>319698721
Didn't 4 get 3D remake as well?
>>
>>319698583
Final Fantasy remake by Ralph Bakshi when?
>>
>>319697868
Oh shit right on my birthday, I guess I will replay it.
>>
>>319698837

and a remake for the after years
>>
>>319698721
I don't know... if I wanted to replay FF6, I'd go replay FF6. Even if you don't own a SNES, the ROM is freely available. But having already played that version, it would be nice to see a graphically updated one. And I really like the low poly style of the FF3 remake.

I don't mind the changes to the combat in the FF7 remake. Again, I could just play the original version if that's all I wanted.
>>
File: FFIV_Complete_Collection.jpg (37 KB, 250x430) Image search: [Google]
FFIV_Complete_Collection.jpg
37 KB, 250x430
>>319698721
>4-6 got ugly junk
?
>>
Honestly, these old FF games sucked. They were

>funny
>interesting
>good mechanics

NOT!!!!!!!!

Just emulate Xenoblade or FF XIII on steam
>>
I feel like anyone bringing this up is just doing so out of the desire to see a pc vs console shitstorm. This game has been on pc for decades. What, suddenly the rom isn't good enough anymore? The game got all of its praise from that version.
>>
>>319697868
I am grabbing it, because despite the ugly sprite work, it is a GBA version without the need of hacks to change the music and color palette. Also, eve more bug fixes and Cyan that does not suck.
>>
>>319697868
It looks fucking awful, but it's FFVI, so I will pick it up. After what's happened with the VII remake, i can only pray there is never a remake of VI
>>
>>319698837
4 remake was decent

could use any of the characters at end game instead of the static group
>>
>>319698721
>>319698837
I hated how ugly the remakes looked. I wished they had stuck to sprites.
>>
I think I'll just stick to my patched GBA rom.
>>
>>319699493
Oh so you've played the 7 remake eh?
>>
File: pepepe.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pepepe.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>319699210
>Just emulate Xenoblade or FF XIII on steam
Kill yourself, kiddo.
>>
>>319699758
Well, they did, are you happy now?
>>
>>319700859
Nope, fags like him would only be happy if they didn't change anything. Except then they'd whine that they ported the game to PC and didn't change anything so you might as well just play the ROM
>>
>>319699647
How?
>>
no, there's nothing new
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.