[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't care that the thread died. I want to post my fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2739288-2.png (452 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2739288-2.png
452 KB, 640x360
Don't care that the thread died. I want to post my fucking comment.

>>319689321
Yeah see, the huge issue I see is, they are making the game bigger than it needs to be. He flat out admitted they are adding tons of new shit to it.

Pic related is ALL THEY HAD TO FUCKING DO and it would have easily fit into a single release with no cut content.

But nooooo let's add a bunch of retarded shit and milk this single game for YEARS to come.
>>
>using REmake as an example of a bad remake
What? That game is universally loved for good reason.
>>
nice blog bro
>>
>>319697721
>Pic related is ALL THEY HAD TO FUCKING DO
make a 75% all new game?
Sounds pretty much what they're doing.
>>
>>319697874
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying the ff7 remake should have been made EXACTLY like the REmake. It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>319697721
>he flat out admitted that they are adding tons of new shit
>pic related, a remake that added tons of new shit, it's all they had to do!

?!!?!??
>>
>>319698058
Yeah, but making it full 3d is WAAAY more work than having updates pre-rendered backgrounds with a single camera angle.

And so is adding all new unnecessary content.
>>
>>319698312
Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where that new content was episodic in release and charged individually for.

And here I thought I had played REmake in its entirety. I better go download the rest of its episodes.
>>
>>319697721

But REmake is the definitive, canon edition of RE1, the other versions literally don't count anymore.
>>
>>319698440
>Yeah, but making it full 3d is WAAAY more work than having updates pre-rendered backgrounds with a single camera angle.
Umm... no. Because they'd have to first CREATE those hi-poly background models, from which to RENDER those background images, meaning more work than necessary, even more so since the original game had hundreds of individual screens, sometimes ANIMATED even, plus tons of separated overlay objects.
And no, Square definitely does not have the old FF7's 3D files around anymore. Plus they'd look horribly outdated now.

Making everything 3D this day and age is simply faster and more efficient.

>unnecessary new content
you don't even know what the content will be, besides the obviously completely overhauled gameplay.

As much as I love simple HD remasters from time to time, I must agree with Square on this: If you want to play the exact same game, play the original FF7.
>>
>>319698781
We're getting the remake in episodes so that they would not have to cut so much content, and would focus on getting the presentation and available content to appropriate levels and quality.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.