[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What -could- they do besides a graphical update and new tracks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: F-Zero-GX.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero-GX.jpg
201 KB, 1280x720
What -could- they do besides a graphical update and new tracks? GX's engine is perfect.

Maybe an expanded custom machine system? Online?
>>
online.

Personally, if gx was remade, I would appreciate some of the shittier vehicles to be rebalanced.

Gx's stats are a house of lies for so many cars.

Like:
>Big Fang has A grip
my fucking ass it does
>>
>online

how would being knocked out work?
>>
>>319696057
Probably like Mario Kart.

But I'd be more worried about anyone doing that stupid edge guarding trick to get absurd speed. That would need to be fixed before online became a thing .
>>
>>319696057
you die, you're forced to finish the race in the super Piranha
>>
>>319696057
GX has a respawn mechanic for practice mode, so probably like that.

My concern would be trying to netcode 30 players all moving incredibly fast
>>
Am I the only one that prefered X over GX? I felt like the controls were wonky in GX, and the tracks too thin.
>>
>>319695321
I guess the only thing is to make the best tracks humanly possible.
>>
>>319696859
>tracks too thin.

that is an extremely minor nitpick, anon
>>
>>319696859
>tracks too thin
When was the last time you've played either? How can you possibly think GX has thinner tracks than X?
>>
>>319697094
>>319697123
I don't know, I just found myself bumping into walls more often in GX then X, maybe it's because I can see shit better in X.
>>
>>319697225
X has much narrower tracks than GX. Go play both.
>>
File: gdxtrhydtr.png (160 KB, 605x483) Image search: [Google]
gdxtrhydtr.png
160 KB, 605x483
>there are people on /v/ who don't set their speed to max
>>
>>319697225
>it's because I can see shit better in X
You mean with that 10 foot draw distance? You should really play both again sometime.
>>
>>319697292
I have, but I've found I just like X more.

Maybe cause the control feels better in X? I feel like I lose control of my racer every time I try and make a turn in GX.

>>319697402
I have trouble seeing the racers in GX with all the light they give off.

And I've played both games only a few days ago.
>>
Nothing. They won't do anything.

Because they won't continue this series. It doesn't sell.

Period.
>>
>>319697504
It's fine you like X more, but you appear to have an extremely hazy memory of both games
>>
File: 1586.gif (140 KB, 306x228) Image search: [Google]
1586.gif
140 KB, 306x228
>I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game
>I think where I struggle is that I don't really have a good idea for what's new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again
>If we create a new type of controller interface, and we find a controller interface that's particularly suited for F-Zero, then maybe we'll do something with it in the future
>Creative Fellow
>>
>>319696057
Most similar racing games have a respawn system. It'd have to set you back by quite a bit for it to be worth the risk though.
>>
File: 1432991874277.jpg (125 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
1432991874277.jpg
125 KB, 500x466
>>319697630
>We can't think of a new gimmick to force into it
>>
>>319696859
I think you need to git gud
>>
>>319696230
Are you talking about shift boosting? Because that's an intended mechanic and something that wouldn't be fixed. It's also risky and hard enough that it would barely affect casual online play over something like snaking.
>>
>>319696316

>not the Space Angler
>>
TRACK BUILDER
>>
>>319695321
>What -could- they do besides a graphical update and new tracks?
Make it.
>>
>>319697630
That is genuinely some of the dumbest bullshit I've ever heard. It's a racing game, anything short of maybe VR, probably isn't going to add much.

Remember, this is the same man who brought us Wii Music. Even if he does still have a bit of the creative juice left in him, he is not perfect.
>>
>>319695321
>what could they do besides a graphical update and new tracks
Why should they do anything besides a graphical update and new tracks?
>>
>>319698795

Actually make it.

But they never will because it doesn't sell and they can't think of a way to shove in the Wii U's gimmicks.
>>
>>319695321

30 Player Online races.
Track editor and track sharing.
Very little else.

I mean shit, its money just sitting there on the table and Nintendo has been ignoring it for YEARS.
>>
>>319695321
Make it more accessible to more players by slowing the game down
>>
>>319700239

>slow down F-Zero

Don't even joke about that man.
>>
>>319697630
>I won't do anything until we find a new gimmick to implement in our consoles.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.