[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's fastforward past the memes and how shit this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: torttoos.jpg (297 KB, 999x707) Image search: [Google]
torttoos.jpg
297 KB, 999x707
Let's fastforward past the memes and how shit this game was at launch.

I've got an urge for some Star Wars and I've already blown through the SNES platformers, Rogue Squadron, and KOTOR 1-2.

I hear the TOR has some pretty enjoyable class storylines and is pretty solid single player.

Anyone have good/fair experiences?
Most fun class gameplay wise?
Most fun story wise?

Also how does the F2P work? I know it locks features, but if I pay the monthly fee and unlock the features so I also unlock all the content (digital xps?) or what?
>>
>>319690358
Oh keep in mind I have zero interest in guilding/end game/raiding or whatever. Just play the stories and probably quit.
>>
>I hear the TOR has some pretty enjoyable class storylines and is pretty solid single player.

Not really.

Of all the classes though, the Imperial Agent one is the most enjoyable, story-wise, but it's still not much compared to the two KOTOR games.

>Most fun class gameplay wise?

Go either Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, Sith Assassin or Sith Sorcerer. Everything else is just plain damn boring.

>Most fun story wise?

Like I already said, Imperial Agent. Sith Warrior is a strong contender for 2nd spot.

>Also how does the F2P work?

Cripplingly so. I can go into greater detail if you're still here.
>>
I really enjoyed playing as both Sith Sorceror and Sith Warrior. The stories are all decent, but it's still definitely a WoW Clone so you'll be doing a lot of generic side shit along the way. It'll definitely scratch the Star Wars itch though.
>>
>>319691695
Yeah. I intend to pay the monthly fee because 14.99 for a month which is prob all I'll play is pretty cheap. Does paying a sub get me everything I need/want?
>>
>>319692059
I only remember you would unlock all the expansions, but there is a lot more that gets unlocked.
>>
>>319692059

>Yeah. I intend to pay the monthly fee because 14.99 for a month which is prob all I'll play is pretty cheap.

Yeah, that's for the best.

You can purchase some of the stuff on the cartel market with the coins you get, like the inventory or credit limit or sprint or whatever the fuck else they get going on, so that it can stay with you once your sub expires and you turn to preferred player.

>Does paying a sub get me everything I need/want?

Yeah, you get all the expansions and content available for the duration of the subscription.

Took me about... 2 weeks.... maybe less, to finish the Sith Sorcerer class story and reach the currently last chapter in the KotFE expansion they've released.

You can go through most of the game ignoring everything than the class stories for leveling, but I advise you do heroics for gear because they have completely robbed everyone of gear drops and most of the good stuff you either get via main quests or heroics. Heroics tend to be better though and you're better off by taking the crystals as reward in your class storyquests as the gear rewards you get from heroics surpass the main quest stuff. The crystals can later be traded in for better gear and so on.
>>
File: pay2gay.jpg (45 KB, 775x522) Image search: [Google]
pay2gay.jpg
45 KB, 775x522
>>319690358
Whatever interesting story the class quests have, it's drowned out by the MASSIVE amount of awful MMO fetch/kill/grind quests that pad the whole experience.
You get one class quest for every 20 generic MMO quests.

Also F2P mode locks basic shit like action bars, rested xp bonus and fast travel. It's even more of an awful experience since you get less xp meaning you have to do more generic quests to get high enough for your next class quest, all while you're also traveling between quest hubs more slowly.

Paying a monthly sub does unlock pretty much everything. If you just want to breeze though the story, just sub for a month or two.
>>
>5 posts in
>no mention of Lobos yet

shakin muh head
>>
>>319692632

>You get one class quest for every 20 generic MMO quests.

For what little it's worth, they cut down on that bullshit.

That said, it's still a shitty game.
>>
>>319690358
Trying to save you from tortanic

Did you play the FPS games, like dark forces/jedi knight/outcast/academy?

The sims, like x wing vs tie fighter, alliance?

The strategy games like empire at war?
>>
>>319693456
Yeah, I've knocked out basically everything over the year.

I've heard smuggler is real fun story/gameplay wise, guys. T/F?

It seems the most popular response on other sites.
>>
>>319690358
Do not attempt to play f2p. Sub for a month.

The game is fun, the stories are fun, things are a lot simpler these days DESU. Companions are OP and staying that way. Gameplay is WoW but the game is a better WoW than modern day WoW

Best class story is unanimously agreed to be Agent. If you want a typical star wars story though, JK is not bad and fits in well with the ongoing story.

Most fun gameplay wise is totally subjective. I like sniper/gunslinger
>>
>>319692632
>You get one class quest for every 20 generic MMO quests.
MMOs update m8. The game changed a ton in October. You could easily level 1-65 doing just your class story for the planet and then a single flashpoint.
>>
>>319693706
Before the game was even out, smuggler was the class I wanted to play the most. I loved the idea.

Unfortunately, the smuggler story/character meshes with the rest of the game poorly. Especially KOTFE. Gameplay wise I really enjoy the gunslinger gameplay.

The smuggler is more Han solo than you think. There is little about smuggling or really anything all that criminal about the story outside the first chapter or so and even then. After that, it's Republic asskiss town
>>
>>319694471
Alright. I want something thats got a fun story and enjoyable gameplay balance. Jedi/Sith kinda seem boring.
>>
>>319690358
branded for life
>>
>>319690358
Play X-Wing and Tie Fighter games
Play Galactic Battlegrounds games
Play Rebel Assault games
Play Jedi Knight games
Play Empire at War
Play the other Rogue Squadron games
Play Republic Commando
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.