[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: ME3_Cover_Art.png (2 MB, 763x1078) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Cover_Art.png
2 MB, 763x1078
What went wrong?
>>
Essentially they (EA and Bioware) let previous success with Mass Effect 2 get to their heads.

Oh and bad writing.
>>
Best gameplay of the series
"Strategy" mission organization felt rushed and worthless
Bad endings
>>
>>319689816

Poorly written and no real Space Exploration.

Gameplay is damn fine. Multiplayer is damn fine.
>>
>>319689816
yes
>>
>>319690610
The gameplay wasn't that great, only smooth, it was unbalanced as hell, ME2 was much better, but not as poorly balanced as ME1
>>
>>319689816
Took away the rpg elements and cool hubs in exchange for shit tier third person shooting and romances. Mass Effect 2 was alright because atleast there was a main antagonist (the collector dude) but you could see all the good aspects of mass effect were dying away.

>weapons don't overheat they have clips
>the powers didn't feel fun to use and were kinda silly
>the whole "Ashley is transex"
>>
>>319690851
>balance
Eh, I didn't touch the multiplayer

Deciding not to restrict weapon choices per class puts it miles beyond me1 or 2 just on that.
>>
I'm playing ME2 right now and avoiding any kind of dialogue with that negro guy because the options the game is giving me sound like I'm hitting on him.

And I'm just 4 hours in, what the fuck
>>
>>319691296
retard
>>
>>319691608

Compelling post
>>
Gameplay was best of the series
Character customisation (Skill trees, weapon options, armor customisation) was also best of series.
Sidequests were terrible and felt like afterthoughts.
Story completely shit the bed once you get on the Citadel in London. Before then it was pretty decent.
Multiple was fun with friends but way too grindy. Fuck trying to get a Black Widow X, fucking bullshit.
>>
>>319691915
What is everyone's problem with the alternate endings?

Is it simply because they aren't animated?
>>
>>319692067
It's really fucking dumb is why. There were SO MANY better options presented by fans of the series. Let's also not forget the fact that the lead writer veto'd the original ending and made his own up with some other guy in less than an hour, then pushed it as the final version of the ending.
>>
>>319689816
Mass Effect 2 went wrong. They introduced a completely irrelevant plot to the Reaper threat in 2 which most likely led the team to cramming the entire invasion, gathering allies, and concluding the invasion into one single game
>>
>>319689816
they made a franchise where from the beginning, they decided it would be a trilogy

the privilege of developing a sequel should be earned based on the reception of the previous title
>>
Ignoring the original writer's pre-planned idea for the plot is where it went wrong.
Fucking Drew Karpyshyn had a plan for the series, and they shat all over it from 2 onwards.
>>
I dont think the problem was the ending. Obviously the first one hurted, because wasnt finished and because is sad, but i like a "sad" end for shepard, he's a warrior and he doesn't deserve a death in a bed. The problem at the end was there was too many variables and obviously a FUCKING FINAL BOSS.

I think that the really problem of Mass Effect is in 2 and 3. I love this games (even when i think they are not good enough to 1) but they wanted so awesome moments and too much epicness. You really enjoy it but at the end you pay they set before "drama" than "rules".
>>
>>319691691
You are really fucking dumb you are also probably autistic.
That game has fine writing even with the black dude jacob.
>>
>>319692494
I agree. Also, any attempt to explain an ultimate evil will usually leave one wanting. There's a reason Sauron never talks in LotR for example. The entire Reaper threat was more interesting in ME1 when we knew very little about them.
>>
Bioware are shit game developers who havnt made a good game in 10 in ten years
>>
The ending and none of your descisions from the previos games really having any effect on the story.
>>
File: 1439404793643.jpg (38 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1439404793643.jpg
38 KB, 269x270
>>319691915
>Before London it was decent
>Who is Kai "nothing personnel, kid" Leng.
>What happened to Tali
>Cerberus going apeshit out of fucking nowhere and becoming pretty much the main antagonist.
>Large McHuge
>EDI transferred into robo-bitch
Not that she looked bad, just ruining her as a character
>Reapers out of fucking nowhere arrive on Earth
Good thing Wrex, Garrus and Joker still maintained their bro-tier writing style.

The story was shit throughout the whole game.
>>
>>319694783
>decent
Since when did this mean "Without flaws"?
>>
>>319694931
But there are so many flaws it's not even decent.
These are not small mistakes but just lazy writing.
>>
>>319694931
Since when did shit mean decent?
>>
Most of the hate comes from the endings, everyone expected (incluiding me) that your choices would affect the ending, but at the end we got this fucking child giving us 3 choices. Even with the free dlc or the indoctrination theory it wasnt enough for most of the ME fans
>>
>>319690954
ashley isn't a trantran you fucking idiot she's just ugly and mannish
>>
>>319689816
They got rid of the original and best writer for the game and shat on everything he put in the first game
>>
>>319697298
Drew was not the best
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.