[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I played Tales of Symphonia way back when on the Gamecube, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Tales_of_Series_logo_image[1].png (20 KB, 250x100) Image search: [Google]
Tales_of_Series_logo_image[1].png
20 KB, 250x100
I played Tales of Symphonia way back when on the Gamecube, and am playing through Hearts R currently. What are some other Tales games worth playing? I have a 3DS, Playstation TV, PS3, and PC.

How's Zestiria?
>>
Bump?
>>
Tales games are all pretty similar, and if you like ToS and ToH, you've got a good chance of liking every other title.

Zestiria is mediocre, but I still had fun with it. It has battle camera issues, but the combat is fairly solid. The open field maps and seamless battle/cutscene entry was refreshing. The main characters aren't well developed, but I didn't find them unlikable.
>>
>>319689785
What in particular do you like about the series so far? Each title has its strengths and weaknesses.
>>
Tales of destiny remake and Tales of hearts DS
>>
Currently playing Symphonia right now. Is the game supposed to be pretty hard in the beginning? I can't fight more than several battles without having to heal up at an inn. And Sheena's boss battle is currently my casual filter
>>
>>319689785
>>319689785
Play Eternia, it's one of the best.
>>
>>319689785
Play Abyss on your 3DS, contemplate going through the effort of playing Vesperia on your PS3. Then just run and pretend you never got into the series.
>>
>>319689785
>How's Zestiria?

The most boring tales story of all time, cliche one dimensional characters, retarded combat system, empty boring 'open world'
>>
Abyss for best party members
>>
>>319689785
I liked Zetsiria, one of my fave arte-wise, i just wish the fanbase wasn't fucking cancer
>>
>>319692283
If you're getting bodied hard by Sheena, you probably have Genis on your team. Get rid of him. He is garbage and exists solely to stall Raine's healing and buff spells.

Use three melee fighters and set the two AI partners to "scatter" so they can keep enemies off of Raine.
Always focus on killing minions before the boss.
NTR Genis when you get the chance.
>>
>>319695629
But I like Genis
>>
Zestiria is pretty bad, it starts off nice but quickly dips in quality.

I'd recommend Abyss and Vesperia PS3 if you're willing to have a translation on the side as you play along. Graces if you don't care about story or characters and maybe the Xillias too. I'd also recommend the 2D Tales like Destiny DC or Phantasia.
>>
>>319696201
In combat or as a character?
In combat, he doesn't deal enough damage, attack often enough, stun well enough to be viable on his own. If you have Raine on your team, the spell queue fucks both of their casting speeds.
As a character, he's a haughty little asshole that's only useful to the party once.
>>
>>319696201
You can only have one above-basic spell active on the field at a time. Meaning if Genis has an Eruption going on, Raine can't throw out her Nurse even if she's done enough casting time already. Yes, it's BS
>>
>>319689785
If you can stomach the mess that is Symphonia then play Zestiria. It isn't bad and just dont expect it to blow your mind.
>>
Both Xillias have really snappy, fun combat. The story and the characters are solidexcept for Teepoinitially, but the trails between dungeons and towns are horrible, samey, and empty. I'd recommend them both, but only if you have something to play between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQLAst8t4vI
>>
>>319697749
Skits so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edb315ghJCo
>>
>>319698161
Holy shit, Talk about bad voice acting.
>>
>>319698826
I don't think there's ever been a Tales game with good voice acting.
It ranges from laughably terrible to passable.
>>
>>319699027
tales of legendia or TotWRM1?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.