[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A patent filed by Nintendo has revealed some interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: nx.png (131 KB, 957x573) Image search: [Google]
nx.png
131 KB, 957x573
>A patent filed by Nintendo has revealed some interesting details about possible features of its upcoming console, codenamed NX. According to patent application 20150343306, Nintendo has plans for a game console that can "couple to a supplemental computing device" for increased speed and performance.
>If you're getting flashbacks to the Expansion Pak, which added a whole 4MB(!) of RAM to the Nintendo 64, don't worry. This sounds like something far beyond the usual "buy this accessory to make your system better" shtick. One patent image shows "remote supplemental computing device(s) (from user community)," suggesting that not only can these performance-boosting add-ons be wireless, they could reach beyond your own house. In theory, this could create a network of devices, each boosting your primary console's performance little by little.

I can't believe there were people who doubted Nintendo.

You all can apologize now.
>>
>>319685685
This is worse than "the power of the cloud!", jesus christ the cringe.
>>
>>319685685

UNLIMITED POWER
>>
>>319685685
>implying i want my device on an unsecured network
>>
>>319685786

all these years, i still don't know what exactly the cloud is
>>
POWER OF THE CELL
>>
>>319685685
more gimmicks
I'm glad Nintendo died in my lifetime
>>
>mfw the NX will be on life support day one
>>
who would want this? I don't want this, just give me a game and a system what's with all the bullshit added on it?
>>
>>319685904
It's a word lets you know the speaker is fucking clueless
>>
>patents for infeasible things

MCDONALDS!
>>
>>319685904
Cloud is basically borrowing computing power from another computer using the internet.

It works great if your internet connection is solid and the content you're transferring can either wait or if the data is small enough that getting it in a timely manner will be trivial.

But the idea of significantly reducing demand on local hardware via getting a server states away to render and stream the resulting content to you? A pipe dream, at least with the internet quality most people have.
>>
>>319685904
just shitty servers which stream games to you like netflix would stream tv shows. it's not that hard to understand
>>
Comcast does this shit with their public wifi that uses your router until you disable it. Imagine some neet next door sitting on his NX all day increasing your electricity bill. No thanks.
>>
more shit that will only work in tokyo
>>
>>319685904
Outside of incorrect marketing speak it's basically remote computing as a service

OpenStack is a big thing in enterprise environments since it lets multiple users create and manage VMs on a whim on top of a massive cluster

Combine that with Puppet and Foreman and it's pretty powerful stuff
>>
>>319685904
they have bizzilions of gaming computers which stream games to you, so you can have a shit pc and play games as the gaming computers are doing the work.

cloud storage is different and just being able to store your files online. a cloud storage site might give you 50gbs for free and you may have to pay to store more. this is useful for accessing your files anywhere or transferring
>>
>>319686284
Is the NX gonna launch skynet holy shit...
>>
>>319686081
Nintendo would want it. They can continue to sell cheap hardware.
>>
>>319685685
Does the nx run on tachyons?
>>
>nintendos new console is a technoparasite
>>
>>319685685
Hey OP, I"m about to roll out the death ray from the garage. Whats that? You don't believe me? Well I patented it of course it exists.
>>
>Being able to upgrade your console's performance is a bad thing

This takes away one of the biggest flaws of consoles. Granted its just a patent and means almost nothing as companies patent stuff they never use ALL the time.

Not that I'd expect spergs who never leave their basements to understand that
>>
>>319686803
Shut up.
>>
>>319685923
this^
>>
>>319687000
Wow you're so cool.
>>
File: the-cloud.jpg (118 KB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
the-cloud.jpg
118 KB, 1024x728
>>319685904
>>
>>319687000

Hey, that hurts. We're all spergs here!
>>
>>319686030
/thread
>>
>>319685904
It's just a server network that you access remotely. In short, it's nothing more than a buzzword that was given to something that has ALWAYS existed. You can call the very internet itself the "cloud" and the description would fit.

In microsoft's case, it's the azure network they bought that they promised to use to alleviate the load on your xshit but it does literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>319686104
Oh shit I forgot about that one.
>>
>>319687000
Why wouldn't I want to upgrade an already overpriced set of ancient hardware, right? It's not like developers will continue to shit out sub-30fps shovelware with the extra power or anything.
>>
>>319687000
Yeah I sure am looking forward to specific console revisions exclusives like nintendo already does.

That sure is a great thing, because we all know that people who buy consoles are actually anal about performance in the first place amirite?
>>
Does Japan not understand most of the developed world enjoys having their own house and yard, and not having to hear your neighbors fuck and eat and yell at eachother?
>>
>>319685904
Its a server farm for you're data that you are always connected to, essentially proving a constant "backdoor" to you're system. However because people feel the need to save every selfie they are getting crazy full crazy fast.
>>
>all these people trying to bash literally unlimited power
it's ok friends, you can stop, nintendo has won
>>
>>319687574
They aint got the room for suburban sprawl on an island with so many people on it.
>>
>Nintendo wants to make a 32x

I guess selling worse than the dreamcast was not enough.
>>
File: 1449367966030.jpg (49 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1449367966030.jpg
49 KB, 330x319
>autistic gigaNEETs on /v/ opining as if they understand the first thing about patent law
>>
>>319685685

im a nintendrone and cloud anything is shit
>>
File: n64-disc-drive.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
n64-disc-drive.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
>>
File: zl8Be3w.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
zl8Be3w.gif
1 MB, 213x210
>>319688992
>mfw I thought the wiiU was basically this
>mfw the Nintendo NX actually is this
>>
File: Cloud_Strife.png (89 KB, 289x344) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_Strife.png
89 KB, 289x344
>>319685904
>>
File: computer_nintendo_on.jpg (76 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
computer_nintendo_on.jpg
76 KB, 1600x1200
Why can't the NX just be a better version of this fake. Come on already.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>319685832
>>
>>319689793
Nintendo sticks to low cost gimmicks that don't work, not high cost gimmicks that don't work.
>>
>>319689941
But VR works now though. We got lots of headsets coming out and it can only get better from there.
>>
Who wants to take bets on NX launch day Nintendo's servers will be DDOS'd by their own product, rendering it completely useless?

Anyone remember the Christmas the Wii-U came out and no one could download updates or games?
>>
>>319690474
that never happened
>>
>>319690474
I remember the eshop committing sudoku over Pokemon Bank.
>>
File: jews.jpg (1 MB, 1408x1325) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
1 MB, 1408x1325
>strongest console on the market
>but you have to have several of them
>and your neighbour too
>>
>>319685685

The most asinine part about this patent is the fact that Nintendo has been at least a full generation or more behind in network technology and architecture since the rollout of the internet and internet connected consoles.

Now they want us to believe they're on the bleeding edge of internet-connected distributed computing and expect people to just run out and gobble up their latest console as if we've never seen their network falter. What a farce.
>>
>>319691028
Well at least they improved from the shit that was using gamespy servers.
>>
>>319687000
>Not that I'd expect spergs who never leave their basements to understand that
absolutely hilarious coming from someone so tech illiterate they actually think this will amount to anything
you're bitching at nerdy geeky people while forgetting they actually know half a damn about what they're talking about, unlike you
>>
This is awful, SRAM must be on the motherboard, and DRAM needs to be integrated on chip. Outsourcing computational power to the cloud won't be fast.
>>
>>319692287
>Outsourcing computational power to the cloud won't be fast.

This. I don't even live in a highly populated area but at 4pm to 10pm every day my internet takes a dump because the local provider, the only internet provider in my area, oversold this market and hasn't upgraded their shit in years with appropriate hardware to handle the increasing load.

What about people on satellite internet, or in areas where high speed broadband isn't offered?

How will this affect people with data caps?

Man I could keep on... so glad I built my gaming PC. Nintendo's making a mistake.
>>
>>319685904
Floating condensed water
>>
>>319685904
apparently something like this
https://youtu.be/EWANLy9TjRc
>>
>>319693609

Technically it's vapor, since it's in a gaseous state.
>>
Nintendo has fucking done, their console is going to be infinitely powerful and it's patented so Sony and Microsoft can't even compete. What an historic moment.
>>
>>319695116
How do you figure?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.