[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else want a Street Fighter spinoff that played like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1449624399511.jpg (1 MB, 2236x3404) Image search: [Google]
1449624399511.jpg
1 MB, 2236x3404
Does anyone else want a Street Fighter spinoff that played like Smash now after Ryu? I didn't see how he was going to work at all, then I was pleasantly surprised.

Imagine a Smash clone of SF characters, all with similar levels of technicality and more movement options. Fuck, it could be sick.
>>
Powerstone
>>
I don't like how they mapped motion moves to both attack buttons.
>>
>>319684491
Me either. Should've just have been the B button imo
>>
File: _20151210_145256.jpg (48 KB, 584x553) Image search: [Google]
_20151210_145256.jpg
48 KB, 584x553
Why would they do that when they should be making Smash more like a traditional fighting game? If you added some basic traditional fighting game stuff to Smash it would be so much better.
>>
Do you remember SFxT? Good ideas get ruined all the time
>>
>>319685119
Isn't that exactly what OP wants?
>>
>>319685119
SFXT's gameplay was pretty great after the 2013 update
>>319686015
No, he wants smash where every character has a moveset as robust as Ryu's
>>
>>319684981
Such as?
>>
>>319684059
Maybe there's a Capcom vs Nintendo coming soon with all these ideas OP
>>
>>319686516
>SFXT's gameplay was pretty great after the 2013 update
then why is it literally dead?
>>
>>319686826
Because it was too little too late.
Also, the presentation sucks ass
>>
>>319684059
No but I have always wanted a Pokemon Spinoff where you can evolve with KO's or Smashballs and have your 4 Attacks on the Special Buttons and every Pokemon has its own normals. And you can pick which 4 Attacks you want.
I still want it, there isn't really any other franchise that could make a better Smash clone.
>>
>>319686635
Grab teching, jump canceling, special cancelling to name a few. Even air dashing to add a little more intensity to the air game instead of people just jumping up to bait the dodge and then up air. There's plenty of queues they could take from more traditional fighters to add depth to the game. I'm not saying all of what I said are good ideas, but there's plenty you could do to make it a little deeper and more competitive.

Casual play will always be near the surface, it doesn't matter how deep the pool is. I'm not looking for a virtua fighter clone or whatever you consider to be a deep combat system, but something a little more extensive from Smash.
>>
>>319687109
Grab teching would be so good, same for special cancelling.
I think air throws and bound states would fit pretty well in smash 4 too.
Smash 4 could definitely improve by having more traditional fighting mechanics. The neutral in smash games always left something to be desired
Maybe we'll get this stuff if Harada or Ono directs the next Smash
>>
>>319687656
If you were to add grab teching to Smash the meta would change over night and Neutral would improve simply because grab fishing is like 70% of neutral game at this point.

What do you mean by bound state?
>>
>>319687863
Ground bounce states from tekken or Marvel 3. An untechable knockdown that can be followed up.
I think making rolls grab vulnerable like KOF would also be pretty cool.
>>
>>319688502
Got it. I know in 4 they have jab locking which causes a hard knockdown. It allows for a smash follow up or whatever you want really.

They could either make rolls vulnerable, or have less i-frames on then. Make them similar to back dashing in SF4 where they go shorter distances as well.
>>
>>319687863
I think the neutral is so linear in Smash because of running
People always do it cause it's the fastest way to get to the opponent, but it only has 3 options.
Attack, shield, and grab.
>>
>>319687109
You know what, I actually completely agree with this. Thought it was just a stupid bait post, but I wouldn't at all mind if any of that shit were in the next Smash game.
>>
>Smash Ryu
>You need to go backwards with the analog stick to do a fire ball

Did no one think this was retarded?
>>
>>319688903
Jab locking is pretty cool although it only happens if your opponent misses a tech and your character has a jab lock move.
Less i-frame on rolls would be pretty cool too.
>>
>>319689017
It's probably because of the stupid picture I posted of Bill. I just got it from the new Yokai trailer they released and was looking to release it into the wild.

>>319689223
True. A bound system where everyone has access to it would be better simply for balancing rather than a few character getting a tool.

>>319688940
I'm not sure how I would remedy this. I always fox trot so it allows for more options out of dash, but not everyone has a great fox trot like Mac. Maybe allow dash cancelling like in melee.
>>
>>319689017
Smash 4 is pretty much the perfect framework for something like this. They made all the animations new, they have plenty of characters, stages, etc.
All it needs is a new director. They can pretty much rehash everything else from Smash 4 but throw in new models, new characters, and new mechanics.
>>319689690
Yeah, a dash cancel would be prefect, but wouldn't that naturally be more useful for fast characters than slow ones? Which is something that Smash 4 already has a problem with
>>
>>319689690
>>319690241
My niggas. I actually JUST made a thread about that sort of thing the other day but no one posted in it. Grab teching would be great, more movement options for the neutral game, more actual combos, etc.
>>
>>319690241
That's a good point. I can't see a way to remedy it without having limited range dashes similar to traditional fighters or allowing to tilt/smash cancel out of dashes. Then all they would need to do is give the bigger characters a little better frame data to compensate but not so much as to make them over powered.

Not being able to running grab is a harsh fix but it is an option.
>>
>>319690598
Maybe crouch cancel dashes like in Marvel 3, while giving heavies larger dashes but slower runs and giving fast characters shorter dashes but faster runs?
>>
>>319691745
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>319684059
Believe it or not, this is one of my dream games lol
>>
I want Chun Li's pork bun if you know what I mean
>>
>>319692324
I never had a chinese pork bun before
>>
>>319687109
>Expect a shit post
>Get good ideas and thoughts
Those would be a nice additions, especially with Grab teching.
>>
>>319693970
I probably shouldn't lead off with an image that looks like a shitpost. I do think grab teching would be the single biggest change you could make to the game next to physics rework and roster balancing.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.