[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://store.steampowered.com/news/ 19618/ >77,000 accou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Gabe_newell.jpg (295 KB, 509x614) Image search: [Google]
Gabe_newell.jpg
295 KB, 509x614
http://store.steampowered.com/news/19618/

>77,000 accounts hijacked and pillaged each month
Hello comrade, my friend want trade you at SteurnCuntunity.com/gamer69

>Valve calling the phishers "hackers" to make the community look less retarded
lol
>>
valve can suck my cock 2bh
>>
File: 1383976797588.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1383976797588.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>319680462
How exactly does that scam work? I never accept friend requests from anybody unless I know them. How does trading with someone get you hacked?
>>
>>319682415
>Go to notsteam.org
>Login
>???
>id and password stoled
>>
>>319682415
They give you a "trade link" but if you look at it closely it's not even connected to steam. Things like "steancommunity" or some shit. So you go to this site, and it looks like a steam log in page, so you log in, and boom, they got your info
>>
>>319682557
>>319682560
Don't 99% of people have steam guard so it requires email verification? Do they bypass that somehow?
>>
File: PCuck.jpg (182 KB, 978x972) Image search: [Google]
PCuck.jpg
182 KB, 978x972
FUCKING DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
>>319682560
Stearncommunity was a pretty good one though
the rn looks like an m at first glance
>>
>>319682415
it's not really a scam and its not always going to a be a keylogger. most of the time it's not. keyloggers are actually rare enough. it's likely that people are using the same password for everything. what happens is you use the same pw for some shitty website that gets compromised. they get your email and password from that site and go from there.
>>
>>319682680
Tf2 traders don't.

And now that it's soon to be required, the whole trading community is butthurt.

>MUH ECONOMY
>MUH BOTS
>>
>>319682680
Yeah, they find a way around it since the hard part of getting your log in info is already done
>>319682752
Not bad. Moral of the store, don't click any fucking links without reading them closely
>>
>>319682972
I think it's funny that people are bitching about trading becoming more safe and secure
>>
>>319682972
They should remove timed trading restrictions and just make logging in require 2-step or even 3-step verification. Fucking hate having to wait 2 weeks to sell some stupid chests I get in Dota from compendiums.I used to sell them immediately when they came out and end up spending $30 then gaining $50 back from the sales. Now we have to wait like 4 weeks to sell this shit
>>
>>319683102
There was this really obvious virus one that was something like.
I made for you a postcard
totallynotsuspectlink.ru
I know three people that clicked it.
>>
>>319682415
>hello sir am friend of your brother, plese to clik to site stealcornmuffin.exe and enter password for free csgo knif.

stealcornmuffin.exe isn't even that out there for some of the names they use after valve has been trying to buy out anything that looks remotely like steamcommunity.com. The scam only works on kids, and even then only the really, really stupid ones.
>>
>>319682972
no, they're requiring you install some gay botnet bullshit to your phone
>>
i wish my account had valuable things so i could be targeted
>>
No surprise to be honest family. PC gamers aren't as smart as they would like people to believe. Most PC "gamers" I met were mouth breathing whales who wouldn't stop talking about Crysis.
This stuff doesn't happen on consoles.
>>
I just wish they made it so trading can't be done through a browser & be done with it. Client-only.
Like, how fucking sad is your life that you need to keep on top of your trading of virtual items on the go?
>>
>>319683581
No you don't. I sometimes whale on dota hats and whenever I log into the game I get like 2 friend requests a day until I don't play dota for like a week. I don't even have any single thing worth over $30 and they still target me.
>>
>>319683515
No they're not. Why are you being such a fucking faggot spreading misinformation? Holy shit man grow the fuck up you stupid ass child.

You can optionally connect your steam app as a 2/3 step verification for trading. They are giving the incentive of lowering trading prices by a small amount if you do it as a promo. You are not required to do it. You can completely ignore your security and not use the app.
>>
>>319683225
Wait, there's no way to bypass waiting weeks to sell shit? I thought it would get sent instantly if both people hard verified steam guard
>>
>>319683786
Make your inventory private senpai
>>
>>319683794
>You are not required to do it. You can completely ignore your security and not use the app.
And then your items get held in escrow for three days, which means no one will trade with you

Sounds like you're the one spreading misinformation, dumb valvedrone
>>
>>319682680
I think a lot of people disabled that because it was really fucking annoying
I know I did
>>
>>319683903
Items are straight up not tradeable for 2 weeks (default) after you receive them. Some special items like dota sets you get in compendiums are locked until a certain day (like a month later). I am specifically talking about selling the item on the market, but I'm pretty sure it applies to trading as well. You can still gift each other the item if you trust the person but you can't do a trade.
>>
>>319683982
I did, sadly I think I'm in some kind of database now. Next time I feel the urge to play dota I'm probably gonna hide my whole account and see if that helps.
>>
>>319683190
Gotta trade fast son
>>
>>319684198
Games have already not been tradeable until you owned them for a month. That's pretty shitty about the items though
>>319684205
That sucks, sorry to hear that
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.