[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never be an open world game set in the Roman Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>There will never be an open world game set in the Roman Empire
Who would you entrust such a project to? I'd say CD Projekt.
>>
>Roman Empire game should be made by a homophobic dev

Are you dumb?
>>
Ryse
>>
Man, the Romans were weird.
>>
This is b8, right?
>>
>>319680167
>QTE corridor simulator
>Open world Rome game
Non.
>>
>>319679971
>Who would you entrust such a project to?
I'd wait and see how the Kingdom Come: Deliverance turns out, and if it turns out good, propose it to Warhorse.
CDPR are much more comfortable with modern style and with playful, anachronistic type of deals. I still maintain that the next game CDPR should do should be based on the Night Watch, or on their own Night Watch rippoff.
>>
>>319680132

could you please read the Lex Julia de maritandis ordinibus? this should clear up your confusion.
>>
There's a Roman MMO in the works. No idea if it'll be good or not, though.
>>
>talks about Roman Empire
>posts sculpture estimated to be from Republic times
>about a legend from Kingdom times
nigger what
>>
>>319682420
It's a statue depicting the founders of rome being nursed by a wolf. Who the fuck cares if it's from republic times you gigantic raging faggot? Go spout irrelevant shit somewhere else to try to feel smart.
>>
>>319682798
sorry, I forgot the Roman Empire existed in the 8th century BC
>>
I wish devs would branch out
>Medieval fantasy
>Modern day setting
>High fantasy
>WW1 - Cold War era shooters

There is so much more out there
>Rome
>Phoenicia
>Ancient Chinese
>Ancient Indian
>Indonesia
>Incan Empire
>Aztec Empire
>Great lakes
>The fucking Caribbean, before or after pirates

So many mythologies and geographical locations left untapped. Hell, the Caribbean would be sweet. Sailing between islands, trying to slip past pirates, walking down Port Royale, Bermuda Triangle final dungeon...
>>
File: 1447393497634.jpg (223 KB, 1000x674) Image search: [Google]
1447393497634.jpg
223 KB, 1000x674
>no RPG where you're pleb in archaic times climbing the social ladder through cunning business decisions and raw military service
>no cursus honorum game where you keep the social order and solve cases as a questor, edile and praetor and slowly create the network of laws, distinctions and edicts that conform the Roman justice system
>no Roman building game where you lay down their feats of engineering using clever distribution of resources and labor as well as complex scientific principles
>no Roman city life game where you work and do civic duties all day
>>
>>319682420
The fuck m8
>>
>>319683230
already exists
>>
>>319683735
>climbing the social ladder
>ancient rome
tip top kek you fucking pleb
>>
>>319684489

>implying anyone gave a shit that you were a pleb if you were also rich as fuck
>implying rich plebs holding the city hostage wasn't how literally every social reform happened
>>
Secundus defecated here
>>
>>319683230
>>Incan Empire
>>Aztec Empire
These would be very interesting. Some kind of game set in the Precolumbian Americas in general would be awesome.

Also, I know I'll probably get shit for this, but ancient Africa.
>>
File: 1447253145203.jpg (231 KB, 728x701) Image search: [Google]
1447253145203.jpg
231 KB, 728x701
>Open world
>>
>>319685406
WE
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.