[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ what the fuck happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: naughtydog_zps8fc0cd3c.png (835 KB, 1024x610) Image search: [Google]
naughtydog_zps8fc0cd3c.png
835 KB, 1024x610
/v/ what the fuck happened?
>>
File: lain.png (295 KB, 734x1069) Image search: [Google]
lain.png
295 KB, 734x1069
>>319677642
>left side: four gameplay images
>right side: two gameplay images, one og them is a fucking meme
Nice shitposting, I agree about the season pass and the "cinematic experience" though, however they're still enjoyable to play.
>>
>>319677642
>/v/ what the fuck happened?
Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin fucked off.

And their games were never the same anymore.
>>
>>319678517
>they're still enjoyable to play.
That's the exact thing Uncharted has been missing. It's just a very, very plain game with gameplay, an uncreative one at that too.
>>
Why are there no more Crash, Spyro, and Jak games being developed now?

Is there a reason as to why they can't develop new games?
>>
>>319678734
It would be something if it was more platformer and exploring and solving cryptic puzzles, but no, you gotta be a one man army.

I will always remember in the first climbing up this white walled structure on the sea cliffs to get in, it was amazing. I also remember being so bored by the shooting in the 3rd that I stopped playing altogether.

Maybe I'm just in the minority but who gives a shit about shooting, they had a chance to be different and now it's same old same old.
>>
>>319677642
Cherry picking, and ND didn't make WoC.
>>
>>319677642
To be fair, Uncharted 1 was great
>>
Jak 2 happened
>>
>>319678804

Naughty Dog grew up. Maybe you should too.
>>
>>319679420
Jak 2 is the second best Jak game behind _____________________3
>>
>>319678986
Yeah, Jak was basically way more convincing because it wasn't trying to be realistic.
Especially the first Uncharted was mediocre with gameplay. The feeling of shooting never got good either so it's no wonder it's no fun.
>>
File: Cherry Picking.jpg (45 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Cherry Picking.jpg
45 KB, 450x450
>>319677642
Wow, OP. Did you come up with that all by yourself?
>>
>>319677642
>>319678804
platformers dont make enough money
>>
>>319679685
But they aren't just any platformers. The names themselves would generate a ton of money.
>>
>>319679497
>grew up
>>
>>319677642
they are pandering to dudebros so hard. the same thing goes for most american devs.
>>
>>319679807
they would just ruin it by making it gritty and realistic anyways, jak 4 was originally that but naughty dog dropped it
>>
>>319677642

They're still fun, it's just that ND fell to design trends instead of making something they wanted.
>>
>>319678986
The platforming, wall climbing, vine swinging, and puzzle solving was great. A lot of the shooting scenes weren't all that great.

I don't like 3rd person shooters in general. The gunplay and cover mechanism just isn't as good as a first person shooter. I always went into Uncharted and The Last of Us and saw a room full of waist high objects and thought "great, another shooting segment."
>>
>>319677642
i dont know why, but i wanna blame sony for this. these faggots NEVER develop their ips
>>
Uncharted 2 was fun

Yet to play TLoU but I heard great things about it
>>
>>319677642
They grew up with their audience? What do you think happened.

I played Crash as a kid, Jak's as a teen and Uncharted etc as an adult.

They are one of the only companies I've seen do this.
>>
>>319680843

No wonder Jak was so embarrassing.
>>
>>319680881
Your mams tits are embarrassing
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.