[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, DayZ is adding another feature, a hunting simulator, whi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: dayz_game1-1.jpg (95 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
dayz_game1-1.jpg
95 KB, 800x500
So, DayZ is adding another feature, a hunting simulator, while its been in development for 5 years and you still cant reach above 25fps in cities.

Are they actually retarded? i mean, who is making decisions in this company? i just cant wrap my head around how they dont say "ok, people with good systems can't reach playable framerates in most places, whe should focus all our resources on fixing this ASAP" its just.... what the fuck dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3x7B14D1U

AND WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY CHANGE TO ARMA 3 ENGINE AS SOON AS IT WAS ANNOUNCED
>>
>>319672231
Because they would need to scrap the entire game, full stop, and work off another one entirely.
Anon, this shouldn't be a hard question.
>>
>>319672538
And how come that wouldn't make sense? as they already admitted that there are a lot of engine issues that CANNOT BE FIXED because the engine is so archaic.

People wiped out dayz-like mods for arma 3 in just a couple of months, i have no doubt a multi millionaria company can do it too.
>>
>>319672231
optimization doesn't attract new buyers like new features do.

I don't think their objective is to make a great game, but instead just to grab as much money as possible while they still can.
>>
$90,000,000 in sales and lead producer Dean Hall retires from company?

In financial system that's a ponzi.
>>
>>319672538
Assets, animations, etc. are backwards compatible.
>>
>AND WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY CHANGE TO ARMA 3 ENGINE AS SOON AS IT WAS ANNOUNCED
Why does NOBODY realize that's almost what they're doing. except it's a new engine instead of Arma 3's engine, that will be better than Arma 3's eventually.

Like this >>319672538 is why the game is shit for so long, they are scrapping the old engine and making a new one that's up to 2015 standards. And as for the hunting shit, there are still gameplay designers that aren't working on the engine.
>>
>>319673717
>it's a new engine
Its not.

>that will be better than Arma 3's eventually.
Why are you so deluded?

>making a new one
They are not.
>>
Releasing the game on consoles is what baffles me.
The game is horrid all around and doesnt run on high end pcs, but youre giving it a console release?
>>
>>319674148
Based off RV, whatever. Almost everything in it is getting replaced anyway. The biggest thing being decoupling the simulation from the renderer which is why the RV engine runs so bad in the first place. Call me deluded if you want, not everyone has a hateboner for Bohemia.
>>
I quit this fucking scam 6 months ago and I remember them promising that hunting was coming "soon". At this point i'm more suprised that they're even adding any new features at all since the development is going so slowly.
>>
>>319674480
>hateboner for Bohemia
>early access for 5 years

Yeah, i bet its unjustified.
>>
>>319677027
>5 years
try 2
>>
File: 127579479817.png (49 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
127579479817.png
49 KB, 200x200
>>319672231
>comments disabled in the video

Oh my, i wonder why.
>>
>>319672231
>cant reach above 25fps in cities.

If you actually played the fucking game in the experimental branch, you would know that the game now can run better than 25 FPS in cities.

Actually the experience right now on that branch that will update into the official one today, is the best one to date on the record of DayZ, with infected now roaming, vehicles and other shit.

Jesus this is the reason why we cant discuss vidya on /v/, i only see faggots parroting stuff they dont know shit about all the time.

And no i am not defending the game or a fanboy or some buzzword you have, i just came back from the game after 1 year and i feel good with this update.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.