[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of getting EVE Online while it's on sale.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I'm thinking of getting EVE Online while it's on sale. It looks like a good timesink, and I'm a sucker for space settings.

Is it fun? Will I be massively behind everyone else if I join now?
>>
unless you plan on running multiple accounts and spend YEARS before getting anywhere in terms of politics in the game then yes you will be massively behind and CANNOT EVER catch up to people playing it since the official launch
fun? the first week maybe and then the grind begins and it never stops
>>
Any other opinions?
>>
play the 21 day free trial

this is an older MMO so it relies on you finding your own fun in the game. aside from various tutorials introducing you to some things you can do in the game, youre completely on your own to figure out what you want to do and find people to do them with

you will be behind but the skill system is such that as long as you specialize in one thing at a time youll catch up in that aspect
>>
>>319666712
>It looks like a good timesink
>Is it fun?
It's like having a full time job.
>>
you need to be prepared to invest lots of time and money into the game if you ever want to be alright at it. decent players have a minimum of 5 alt accounts. don't buy into the whole "you can be useful if you're new!" shit - that's just corp recruiting bs. it takes months of afk training to be an asset to a team.

you also have to have good social skills. if the prospect of talking to new strangers everyday on teamspeak doesn't appeal to you, eve online is the worst game you can play.
>>
>>319666712
>Is it fun?
It can be if you get into a good corp.
>Will I be massively behind everyone else if I join now?
Yeah, very much so. But beyond a certain point everyone has basically the same combat effectiveness. EVE is a lot more about making money efficiently than having the most skills trained.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>319666712

It's an accounting and spreadsheet simulator punctuated by rare, brief moments of activity and excitement that you'll never be influential enough to even participate in.
>>
You can try. I quit, because in the end all I did was grinding for the next month sub, and it became boring, but I don't regret playing it.
>>
>>319666712
dont
i played eve for 6 months, its brainless facebook game, the "emergent gameplay/content" is a big fat lie
it has fucking TIMERS on everything, wana train space combat? wait 7 days while offline for it to lvl up
this game forces you to multibox and purchase multiple accounts to be competetive and on each account you afk train skills for most part of the game and the gameplay is zzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZ
>>
>decent players have a minimum of 5 alt accounts.
>unless you plan on running multiple accounts

What's all this about?
>>
>>319671391
want to mine? if you want to be competetive you need like 4 exhumers and 1 orca to buff em

want to haul loads of items and transport them to other systems for money? Better have an alt for scouting ahead for player pirates

want to have fun with crafting? Crafting times are so slow you need few characters and you wont be able to get materials if you dont have alts that gather them
>>
>>319671246
If you are solo player, that's correct.
>>319671391
5+accounts is bullshit, I have only seen it on pictures. But, yes, you need more, especially if you want to solo play. Many people have 2, because that enables you to see what's in the next system. A personal scout. Also, it trains skills at the same time with your main, you can sell your character for good money later.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.