[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Final Fantasy VII releases on 3 discs >Seen as the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: ced-ff7[1].jpg (73 KB, 768x446) Image search: [Google]
ced-ff7[1].jpg
73 KB, 768x446
>Final Fantasy VII releases on 3 discs
>Seen as the best Final Fantasy
>Remake comes in episodic form like its original game
>Seen as the worst decision

O-Oh... So it's only okay when they do it some of the times?
O-Okay...
>>
>>319663458
>Remake comes in episodic form like its original game
Wut?
>>
File: 1445617154192.jpg (34 KB, 192x220) Image search: [Google]
1445617154192.jpg
34 KB, 192x220
>>
>>319663458
Can we seriously stop with shitposting bait? Mods literally need to start perma banning for shit like this
>>
>game split across multiple discs because of size restrictions.
>game split into multiple parts because make more money that way

Yep, same.
>>
File: pink titties.jpg (38 KB, 429x501) Image search: [Google]
pink titties.jpg
38 KB, 429x501
>>319663458
>Final Fantasy VII releases on 3 discs
>Pay once get the whole game
>Remake comes out and charges for each episode
>Worst decision
>OP keeps slurping cum like it runs through his veins
>>
>>319663458

>A game that released as whole
>Disc limitations
vs
>Selling parts of it
>totaling more sheckles to the jews
>>
File: Mgs V Confused.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Mgs V Confused.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>319663458
>>
>>319663797
I agree with you but it's a two-way thing, you also need to stop the retards that keep replying to these types of threads.
>>
>one game comes into 3 CDs charged as 1 game.

Or

>1 game comes into X episodes charged as X amount of games

Geez.... That sure was hard.
>>
>>319663797

In a perfect world.
>>
>>319663458
Are people actually this retarded on /v/? It's not like there is a difference between technical limitations and being jews but
>o-okay
>>
>>319663458
>Games pushing 100+GB now

Why the fuck is this?

Is it that hard to compress some shit?
>>
I know this is probably bait, but I'll bite. The original came in three discs sold together at the price of one single game.
Episodic means that each one of the episode will take time to be released. Not only that, but since they paired up with CyberConnect 2, they'll probably do just like CC2 did for their .hack// series, so every episode will cost roughly just like a full game.
While it may be full in terms of gameplay, story wise it's not, so people are not too fond of that idea. Can't really blame them, I think that most didn't like the idea of buying 4 games to see the story of the first .hack series end too.
>>
>>319663458
>Seen as the best Final Fantasy
Kek
>>
you fucks really expect them to do everything that was paintedand prerendered as fully realized 3d assets you can move around them..even though games are the same price basically and dev costs are higher than ever?
>>
>>319663458
i dont remember having to buy each disk for 60 bucks
>>
>>319663458

>3 discs that come in the same package is the same as different games sold separately

???
>>
>>319663458

the difference being the former came in a complete package
>>
>>319663458
So all of the episodes are coming out at the exact same time, like how all 3 discs came out at the exact same time?

No? Youre just an idiot?
>>
>>319663695
Oh man that made me chuckle. Its so simple. Thanks anon.
>>
>>319663810
They literally said it's also because of size restrictions
>>
>>319663797
>wahhhh i want things moderated like neogaf
>>
>>319664275

Of course you don't, you were 5 and your mom's new boyfriend bought it for you.
>>
>>319664490
>You seriously think they can't fit a FF7 remake into a 50GB BD.
>You seriously think this game is going to be 100+GB
>>
>>319664062
But what if we'd put audio for 12 different languages on our download-only part of the game(disc for PC version only has steam installer) so you can switch between different languages without having to download them all?
Um....
>>
>>319664549
>implying i wasnt my mon new boyfriend
>>
>>319663458

My god you total sperg monkey

Yeah FF7 came on multiple dics but you paid for the whole thing

This remake is gonna be part one for $50 part two $50 etc

You complete retard
>>
Is it true that all 3 disc contain the entire game and that the only difference were the cutscenes? I also heard you could swap discs and that it would swap the cutscenes while playing.
>>
File: 1398721056573.jpg (239 KB, 1157x987) Image search: [Google]
1398721056573.jpg
239 KB, 1157x987
>>319663458

Mutliple discs =/= Episodic

Holy shit anyone who came to this conclusion is beyond retarded.
>>
>>319664119
Was there any gameplay crossover between the .hack games? Like would your items from the first game carry over to the second?

I've got a bad feeling that they're going to go full retard and make each episode independent instead of building on a base game. Like, there will be no real overworld, just hallways from one location to the next and nothing from before will carry over, and you won't be able to go back to earlier episode areas in later episodes. And there's no way you can have stuff like chocobo breeding, secret summons and sidequests in a game like that.

If they were going to do it properly and build the game up, they would have to include most of the game's assets in the very first release (similar to how you explore nearly the entire world on disc 1 in the original, the extra discs are mostly only needed for cutscenes) which means there would be no need to release it in installments.
>>
>>319663928
Or maybe you should view the game as several separate games instead of a single game that's cut into parts?
>>
I know this is bait but I feel the need to point out a full game across 3 disks is not the same thing as 1/3 of a game in 3 installments.
>>
>buying three discs at once for one price is the same as buying (for the sake of argument, it could be less but it's probably more) three games over a long period of time and paying a good amount of money for each one

Unless each episode is like $15 and you can get a "full season" unlock or whatever for $60, it's bullshit and only morons would defend it
>>
>>319664735
There's pretty much only a few locations you don't visit on the first disc, and you can go anywhere on the last disc, it's not like you're prevented from going back to earlier areas because they were only on previous discs. So yeah, basically the whole game in terms of gameplay exists on each disc.
>>
>>319664680
>This remake is gonna be part one for $50 part two $50 etc
Not confirmed, you complete retard
>>
>>319664490

Bull fucking shit. Do no tell me that a game of final fantasy 7's size in a modern age can't fit on a blu ray disc. Games on those things are known for being bloated since they have so much space they don't have to bother compressing or optimizing the game at all.
>>
>>319664546
No, I just remember a time when this place wasn't actually complete shit. 4chan believe it or not wasn't always autistic shitposting. This place used to be a good place for discussions, with the occasional retard shitposting, which was funny. But now everyone wants to be a le epic funny meme man and shitpost. Ruining the originality of shitposting.

Maybe I've just been here too long and can't deal with it anymore.
>>
>>319664735
each disc was the game but split into different sections.

for example, you couldn't go into a disc 1 area on disc 2 because that area literally isn't on the disc so you would crash. the cutscene order is also different for each disc so if you swap to disc 2 right as the first cutscene on disc 1 plays then you'll see the first cutscene of disc 2 instead.
>>
File: moderation.png (119 KB, 1020x1076) Image search: [Google]
moderation.png
119 KB, 1020x1076
>>319663797
this place is way too over-moderated as it is
got banned the other week for posting 5 boris vallejo paintings in response to a post saying that dragon's crown was inspired by vallejo
>>
File: 1449319350287.jpg (88 KB, 652x540) Image search: [Google]
1449319350287.jpg
88 KB, 652x540
>>319664838
>Or maybe you should view the game as several separate games instead of a single game that's cut into parts?
>>
>>319663458
Didn't they do that do to size constraints on the ps1? Game also came with all three discs when you bought it if memory serves correct. Or is this just bad bait?
>>
>>319663458
Have you even played the game.
>>
>>319665060

It's not bait if OP truly believes his post.
>>
>>319664826
Both sets of .hack games had items, level, everything carry over to the next volume.

That said this bullshit episodic format will probably be digital only and really fucking short. Keep in mind 4 hours passes for a "full game" these days.
>>
>>319664490
Then why don't they just release one game at one time split into multiple discs?

It's just their cheap excuse for selling the game in small chunks over time.
>>
>>319664826
This worries me, too. I have a feeling some of the things I really enjoyed about ffvii are not going to be feasible in this new project
>>
>>319665367
"Too expensive for one game". How sad is it that a 17 year old game is considered too big to release today, unless you cut it up and sell each part for full price?
>>
I just want tho see Aeris die in hd.
>>
>>319665467

It's not too much to ask at all. Fucking Yakuza 5 just came out the other day and while we can argue if it's as big as FF7 content-wise it's clearly something that isn't too big to release today. And that shit's only like 23 gigs, you can easily fit way more than that on a blu ray
>>
>>319665009
The entire game is actully on each disk, except for the cutscenes. If the cutscenes were removed, the game would've fit on one disk.
>>
>>319665467
wow it's almost like it was cheaper and easier to do what they did in '97 with the hardware they had than trying to accomplish it today
>>
>>319664997
>I just remember a time when this place wasn't actually complete shit.

lol
>>
>>319664490
How's FFXV doing?
>>
>>319663458
>original version gets released in an "episodic" format but comes out whole on release day
>remake will most likely be in an episodic format, that will be incomplete at launch and take years to finish

it's pretty simple
>>
>>319665561
why are you still in every ff7 thread days later posting this retarded shit

you must be some kind of omegaNEET or some pathetic shit like that
>>
>>319665640
Then scale back the graphics.

Devs bitch and moan so much about how it's so much more expensive to make games now, like it's my fault. If you want to make PS2-level games, go right the fuck ahead. I distinctly remember those games being a shitload better than the garbage that comes out these days.

Improvements should come from advancements in technology and similar work being made easier, not just from pouring more money in. I hate the industry today. Nothing but safe, by-the-numbers, focus-tested bullshit with several hundred million dollars in budget and 5-year development cycles.
>>
episodic games are great. more money, more feedback, more development time. development cycle probably more balanced too since they can focus on one part at a time.
>>
>>319664062
high quality sound and graphics. music tracks would sound terrible if they tries to compress them into the size of the original songs from 97. a single high-res texture today can take up more space than the textures of an entire game back then, and apparently storage capacity isnt evolving at the same pace.
>>
>>319665765
>hurr was always shit durr
>>
>>319664490

>size restriction
>Sony just announced a 1TB Blu-ray disc.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.