[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there's this new mmo that's trying to use a different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1437281404006.gif (3 MB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
1437281404006.gif
3 MB, 343x400
So there's this new mmo that's trying to use a different structure for it's class and job system. Instead of choosing bard... warrior.. mage.. you choose from one of 6 stats. Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, Agility, Dexterity, and Strength. Depending on the main stat you chose you have a tendency to do certain jobs easier such as banker, alchemist, cook, hunter, etc. Also most classes are geared towards one stat, it starts simple and broad like the Apprentice class for magic based skill sets. At level 15 you can start choosing which type of magic you have a preference for, combat control, offensive, defensive. Both Wisdom and Intelligence are good at Combat Control but Wisdom is better at offensive spells and Intelligence is better at defensive spells. Anyway so when you get to level 25 and that's when things start to get intense because you get to choose a second stat for your character to excel in which may close some classes and jobs off for you but it opens many others.
>>
Well give us a name you dweeb.
>>
And it will probably never release unless it reaches $3,000,000 in kickstarting funds.
>>
>>319656089
It's an interesting idea, I'll give you that. If It doesn't have shit aesthetics and it's free I'd probably try it out.
>INT is for DEF, WIS is for ATK
Wrong way.
>>
This doesn't sound that different from other mmos.
>>
At level 50 you get to choose your third and final stat. One thing I failed to mention, you can pick the same stat again. Want to just be an insane brawler with fists that can punch god in the face? Just choose Strength 3 times, wield the heaviest weapons in the game, become a juggernaut if you choose. Now that I think about it it's almost like Kirby 64 really.
>>
File: 1425342637954.jpg (132 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1425342637954.jpg
132 KB, 500x483
Ah who am I kidding, this mmo doesn't exist... I made it up cuz I thought it was cool. But it does sound cool right?
>>
>>319657558
it sounds okay, but I'm not really a fan of games that don't have structured class systems/archetypes.
>>
>>319656089
>it gets better at the endgame

why does every MMO do this? why can't it be fun at the start and not 25+ levels later?
>>
>Instead of choosing bard... warrior.. mage.. you choose from one of 6 stats. Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, Agility, Dexterity, and Strength.
Isn't that the same as if you were choosing classes anyway? Warrior(STR), Mage(INT), Ranger(DEX), Rogue(AGI), Priest(WIS) and Paladin(CON)?
>>
>>319657929
No, you're just more proficient at certain classes. STR doesn't just mean warrior, it just means it'll mainly deal physical damage. Later when you get another stat to choose from it opens up more class choices. Then with a third stat you can make even crazier hybrids or maybe just double or triple down on a stat as your focus.
>>
sounds like PoE OP

skills are on a "board" that are reachable by all archetypes, and your archetype's attributes determine where on the board they start
>>
File: Sherlock.jpg (51 KB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock.jpg
51 KB, 565x318
>>319656089
>you will never control the elements with your dance moves
>>
Sounds retarded
>>
>>319657558
>But it does sound cool right?
a literally worthless statement.
>>
File: 1437952462514.gif (2 MB, 350x276) Image search: [Google]
1437952462514.gif
2 MB, 350x276
>>319658969
You're literally worthless
>>
>>319657889
This. A proper MMO needs to have a korean-tier grind at all levels past the newbie garden but make the grind actually enjoyable to players so they have fun playing the game at any level instead of just being kinda grumpy about things until they hit the cap. You need goals that are realisticially unattainable to most people so it feels like a virtual world with new things to discover every day instead of a waiting period where you try to hit the level cap followed by the dungeon treadmill.

Someone should experiment with alternate core mechanics, people can play rhythm games for huge periods of time and enjoy them, and it has a ton of levers to adjust in terms of difficulty. A game where you basically played guitar hero for combat and the notes you picked chose different abilities for attack, defense, status effects, or party support.
>>
>>319659116
>Well I don't actually have any useful skills or work ethic, but I think I'm a really good "Idea guy"
An idea is worthless without execution and only sounds cool because you don't stop to think about it.

This class structure means each class needs to only scale with one stat and every other stat is worthless, like Diablo 3. Like Diablo 3, every player will then only evaluate gear by "how many main stats does it have on it" and there's no nuance to building your armor set.

OP hasn't spelled out whether or not there are actually classes that you choose at some point or if anything is skill based. If it IS class based, there isn't a good reason for why you make a player choose their class at 25 instead of at one, 99.9% of players knows what class they want to make at the start so spending a week in a garbage class with no interesting abilities that doesn't even benefit from the same stats (like grinding up a novice with no str or dex in RO so you can become a mage) is needlessly frustrating.

If it's a salad bar of skills to make your class then you will spend all your time trying to keep every player from becoming a bland, similar tank-mage, because the only point of that system over traditional classes is top open up the possibility of a tank-mage.
>>
>>319660247

What a worthless reply.
>>
>>319660247
You do choose a class after you start, think of it as like.. 10 levels of Super Novice from RO. Oh and I guess you choose some skills at the start, like your first 2 skills so you have auto attack and either 2 active or passive skills.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.