[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent hill thread? >2 >1 >3 POWERGAP >shattered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 900x675
Silent hill thread?

>2
>1
>3

POWERGAP

>shattered memories
>4
>origins

MAJOR POWERGAP

>homecoming
>downpour
>book of memories
>>
I hope they bring 2-4 on ps2 games on ps4. Don't know how viable it is since konami seems to be shitting everything up lately. Also didn't they lose the original coding on 3?
>>
>>319646970
Who knows at this point.

If you have a PC just play them on there with ds3 support.
>>
>>319647046
Can somebody post the updated silent hill on Pc info-graph?
>>
>>319646818
>2>1>3>>>4
>how to spot an uncultured swine
>>
>>319647197
Just don't post the Pete's OpenGL one. It reeks of old age.
>>
>>319647224
I love all 4 of them including SM.

I just like 2 the most.
>>
>>319646970
They lost the source for both 2 and 3, all they have are beta builds and Tomm's.

I'm not sure about 4 but I'm guessing it's completely lost given its absence in the HD Collection, either that or they just didn't bother considering casuals don't care for it.

The Room has been released as a classic on the Japanese PSN though, and I'm guessing Sony doesn't rely on the source to emulate PS2 on PS4, so I believe it's possible. Then again, it's Konami, so who knows.
>>
>>319647317
>I just like 2 the most

Of course you do. Every casual on /v/ does.
>>
>>319647615
>They lost the source for both 2 and 3, all they have are beta builds and Tomm's

How the fuck can one company be so incompetent?

Fucking give the ip to Sony and be done with it. Hand it over to the original creator who's probably working on a new siren game and get akira back on board.

Keep kojima away from it too.
>>
>>319647701
You're trying too hard to fit in.

There is nothing wrong with 2. Stop being a faggot.
>>
File: 1253663309479.jpg (43 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1253663309479.jpg
43 KB, 512x384
>>319646818
>Shattered Memories 4th

I like you.
>>
>>319647860
Never implied otherwise, only that every casual thinks 2 is the best, that evil people are drawn to the town so they can be punished and that the cult is bullshit because >muh personal interpretation.

Most people who rank 2 that high know nothing about the lore.
>>
>>319648038
2 set the greater lore for the series. Everyone afterwards fucked it up, but tying the Indian burial ground holy site shit to something besides bacon girl was a good call.

That and 3 can't be better than 2 because it has the worst sewer level ever.
>>
>>319648314
What lore? SH2 is basically a spinoff. It added nothing to the actual lore except a few mentions.
>>
I love SH2.
Just the fact that your sympathy for the protagonist slowly disappears the more you learn about him and in the end, you realise he deserved this.
>>
>>319648394
It added doge. And I guess pyramid head.
>>
>>319648625
If you mean the Executioner, sure. Pyramid Head itself is worthless to the overall lore. I'd argue the Old Gods are more important, though.

SH2 added nothing of crucial value other than furthering the idea that the town is indeed under the control of a demon.
>>
>>319646818
>3 above 4
>fucking shattered memories above 4
Nope

my list is 1=2>4>3>>>>>> everything else
>>
File: 1448503229946.png (359 KB, 850x186) Image search: [Google]
1448503229946.png
359 KB, 850x186
Heather trap will never deliver.
>>
>>319648394
With 2 they we're smart enough to realize that the town should be the star of the show, not cultist/god Resurrection bullshit.
>>
>>319648863
It furthered the truth that the town is loaded with psychic energy or some shit. It was the first game that actually touched on the interpretive aspect hinted at in the first game.
>>
>>319649072
Arguably. Still, that's how you spot a SH2 baby.

Furthermore, Konami basically rounded up the remaining members of the original team and asked them to make a new game. My guess is that they were caught off-guard and cooked something up last minute, a lot of the first SH core members were gone, too.

The fact SH3 exists kinda proves it.
>>
>>319649252
Psychic energy? Interpretative aspect? What the fuck?

Lost Memories clearly states that those with evil in their hearts are drawn to the town. This is in line with the religious notion that the devil begets evil and the first game is loaded with demonology references, not 'interpretative aspects'.

If anything, that comes from Jacob's Ladder, but it's definitely not the focus. That's exclusive to 2.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.