[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seems like there's a bit of a backlash over the censorship,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 15
File: a.jpg (11 KB, 259x53) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
11 KB, 259x53
Seems like there's a bit of a backlash over the censorship, maybe they'll restore it?
>>
People should be more upset that Crapcom wants to reach a wider audience.
When has that ever worked out
>>
>>319638424
No, weak-willed faggots can't vote with their wallets and they know it
>>
The game is shit anyhow
>add karin, but remove sakura
>16 characters and more will be dlc
>>
>Seems like there's a bit of a backlash
Really? Where is it?
>>
>>319639374
You'll be able to buy all future characters with fight money you get by wiinning matches online.
Get gud and don't be a babby
>>
>>319638424
>Darkstalkers died for this
>>
File: 1439604415882.jpg (198 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439604415882.jpg
198 KB, 640x480
>>319639581
If ono lived in murrica i'd go all bear arms over him
>>
>>319638424
>censorship

You children dont know what real censorship is and nobody is going to care that you wont get to fap to fictional woman.
>>
>>319641282
>it's not censorship because I dont like it
Get out tumblr
>>
That would be admitting they were wrong.

And that is a mortal sin in the game dev world.
>>
>>319638835
when they killed megaman and capcom europe went on a WHO CARES ABOUT MEGAMAN YOU DUMB GAMERS tangant.

that worked super well.
>>
>>319638835
Catering to retards worked pretty well for bethesda
>>
is it really censorship though? there's no chance in hell that the creators just thought it looked dumb as fuck and decided to take it out?
>>
>>319643260
They said they wanted to make as few people as possible feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>319643220
then their problem is they should build broken games on broken engines.

something capcom might have problems with starting out.
>>
>>319639550
You realize it's going to cost you the equivalent of 1000 wins or something like that to get a single character right? This is Japanese EA, the "free" price for characters is not going to be remotely reasonable.
>>
As someone who was never really into fighters but was going to buy SF5, should I get the new King of Fighters or the new Guilty Gear instead when they come out
>>
No really when is the last time someone in gaming admitted they were wrong for doing something shitty?
>>
>>319643363
just play against friends and shit.

i honestly don't see the issue if they offer alternatives to paying up, even if the requirements are high. arn't gamers supposed to be superior grinders in the first place?
>>
>>319643526
You're missing the point. They're going to be high enough that even people playing constantly from release probably won't be able to afford DLC characters immediately.
>>
>>319643220
Fighting games are a more niche than open world rpg's.
The only way to actually appeal to more people would be to make it easier.
>>
the thing about the butt slap is that it isn't even the worst part. It's followed by a move where a character gets their head smothered by the asses of 2 different chicks, how is that not considered more offensive than slapping your ass?

they should have just left it as it is because it was just this goofy super move now they are saying its some sexual thing that will turn people away.
>>
>>319641827

Censorship is a mandate. Companies choosing to change things on their own volition is not censorship
>>
>>319643576
well for a game like street fighter i'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that's good, you can use that time between character unlocks toning up your Ryu fundies.
>>
>>319643697
"That time between character unlocks" is going to be something like 8 months of nonstop playing is what I'm saying. You don't seem to understand.
>>
>>319643758
with ryu fundies i don't think it will take 8 months.
>>
>>319643697
Let's say it takes you two minutes to finish a set and move to the next one

and let's say you win 75% of those matches

you're still going to spend 44 hours before you unlock a character
>>
I like Street Fighter, but I don't like Street Fighter enough to put every other Japanese game I want in jeopardy. If they want to censor this game, fine, I just can't support it given the other games I want to play untouched. I hope enough other people have the same opinion that this trend stops here.
>>
>>319641282
>>319643260
You guys know more than one person works on a video game, right?
Even if Capcom had it removed themselves before production, some 3d animator had their content removed because it was deemed offensive to a wider audience.
That animator had their work censored.
>>
>>319644050
I'd prefer is more companies went the Koei route of refusing to publish in the west but making their games region free and with english subs/text. That way you don't have to worry about any of this BS and get games as they're released exactly as they are intended to be.
>>
>>319643260
I don't think it matters. The fact that people are flipping out about virtual T&A on any side of the argument is pretty shitty. Capcom is making a business decision, not censorship. Capcom's job is to sell as many copies of SFV as possible. They could still put it in there if they wanted to, but they don't. Not censorship.
>>
>>319644215
and it's always by the people who are not going to play these kinds of games. they do it intentionally to pander to them but it always backfires completely as censorship topics in games always trends. it's a death sentence to a game.
>>
>>319643689
Self-censorship is censorship. The clue is right there in the name.
>>
>>319644367
they are censoring a hand slap for a business decision
they pulled an episode off a television series for a business decision
they removed a cover of a comic book for a business decision

you see how your argument makes no fucking sense? you are defending bad business and censorship all in one post.
>>
>>319643363

That's nothing for people who actually play fighting games.

Continue on providing proof that you're a shitter. I'll see you online when you buy it during a steam sale and rage delete after you get shit on.
>>
>>319644367
>The fact that people are flipping out about virtual T&A on any side of the argument is pretty shitty.
Capcom obviously understood virtual T&A was a big enough deal that R. Mika should be brought back, so why is it weird that people would care about it?
Sex appeal is a big deal, whether you find it silly or not. Even game devs know this.
>>
>>319644564
It's only censorship when the removed content is something I personally don't care about. When the mechanisms I supported to remove things I didn't like from games get used against me, only then will I complain, when it is too late.
>>
>>319644473
Internalized misogyny is misogyny. The clue is right there in the name.
>>
>>319644726
>it's good to change this game so that everyone can play it no matter what
>unless you're a casual fan
>>
>>319644918

If you're a casual you're going to spend real money on the DLC unlocks because that's what casuals do.

You're still trying to blame your failures on the game and not yourself
>>
>>319644780
>I'll only care if censorship is stuff i don't care for
what?
>When the game changes in a patch so mechanics are different that's when i do care
that's a completely different topic to censorship, ya know, nerfs and buffs are not what people bitch about before a game's released. you would have to own the game after the fact all the censorship fiascos happened.

I'm not buying this game, simply to not support censorship against sexy women.
>>
>>319644780
>I personally don't care about.
bingo!
>>
>>319641282
>>>/tumblr/
>the power of hair dye compels you!
>>
>>319645029
It's not the game's fault I'm not going to spend money on it, it's the censorship's fault. As a casual fan, or "shitter" I am free to wait until the game is free or extremely low cost before spending anything on it.
>>
>>319644215
I call bullshit on the artist's work being censored. Are we able to watch it unaltered outside of the game? Yes.

What if you owned a store and you commissioned an artist to paint a mural on one of the walls? Let's say the mural looks good, but there's a small dog in a hat in the corner. You know that some customers will be made uncomfortable by this, so you pay the same artist to change it and they do. This is what is happening.
>>
>>319645373
the dog with the hat analogy is a bad one. i woulda said naked women that the store owner would asked to have burka'd up.

but in essence, both the same thing.
>>
File: thT3XAY109.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
thT3XAY109.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
think about this as you look at this pic: these are the people who are influencing video game companies.
>>
File: tips-fedora.jpg (6 KB, 210x239) Image search: [Google]
tips-fedora.jpg
6 KB, 210x239
>>319645487
think about this as you look at this pic: these are the people who are making these panic-mongering shitposts
>>
>>319645584
I seen Big Red types all over where i live, but i only seen one gay fox mask, on a halloween night.

his post is valid to me, yours is bullshit.
>>
>>319645484
I just wanted to drive the point that it's something arbitrary. The actual butt slap is really inoffensive looking and kinda funny to me, but I can understand why Capcom wants to remove it.
>>
>>319645584
>just because TK, IF and now Capcom have taken significant steps to cater their output to avoid SJWs does not mean they have any effect on the game industry, or that they even exist!
>>
File: capcomartisticvision.png (89 KB, 193x505) Image search: [Google]
capcomartisticvision.png
89 KB, 193x505
>>319643260

>decided to take it out?

but it's still in the game! you just can't see it anymore because of the camera angle, this is what you are looking at
>>
File: image.png (367 KB, 898x475) Image search: [Google]
image.png
367 KB, 898x475
>/v/ now
BAAAWWWWWW CENSORSHIP ITS OGRE I CANCELLED MY PRE ORDER ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS IS CANCER
>/v/ in February
SFV THREAD BABY YOOOOO LAURA IS BAE, MAINAN, FAPPAN, WRECKAN GET THE FUCK IN HERE BROS

never change, boys.
>>
>>319645768
It's their right to remove it. However, given how hard some people have campaigned to remove dogs with hats from murals in the past few years, their actions cannot to interpreted as neutral political desicions.
>>
>>319646023

>given how hard some people have campaigned to remove dogs with hats from murals in the past few years

what? when we are saying "dogs with hats" we are not using this as an euphemism for "naked womans" right?
>>
You're right. It's not censorship.
But it's basically a knife being held over the developers' hands. It's gonna sting and hurt but not wound too much.
>>
>>319646019
Fuck off time traveller
>>
Cinematic finishers are cancer desu, I don't need a zoom in of the character stopping the flow of battle for two second on activation and then another five seconds if it hits. Good on Capcom
>>
File: 933.jpg (72 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
933.jpg
72 KB, 669x664
>>319646196

>it's not censorship

is my favourite 2015 meme, i hope we can bring it up to 2016
>>
Suprised so many people even give a shit about street fighter still, combo games give you so much more fulfilment
>>
>>319646401
I find it hilarious that this meme guy from /tv/ killed the contempt baseball man meme
>>
>>319646401
Dude come on I'm on your side
I'd 100% say it is if it was released but since it's beta/early access all saying censorship does is get you 100 shitposters debating about semantics and you never manage to get back on topic.
>>
I like all the people throwing their hands up "SJWs dindu nuffin!"

You guys need to own this. This is what you wanted. You wanted this stuff censored. You wanted this stuff kept out of people's hands. You can't back down now when they actually do what you wanted. Either accept it or stop complaining every single time a titty or a butt cheek shows up in a video game.

What did you think would happen? Developers would capitulate and then everyone would just accept it and thank you for it?

You try to take something away from someone, or tell them they can't see or do or have something, and they're gonna do everything in their power to obtain that thing - maybe even if they never wanted it in the first place. Sometimes just out of spite.
>>
I always thought people got offended with "lol double the ass and pussy on your face!" or "she wears assless chaps!" more. I have no idea why Capcom thinks it was the slap itself that was "bad'
>>
>>319643114
wasn't it admitting they were wrong when they took it out?
>>
File: censorship.png (190 KB, 542x586) Image search: [Google]
censorship.png
190 KB, 542x586
>>319646556

i'm sorry, i don't get this logic, this thing the pic says happened, if it didn't capcom would have changed the whole animation, instead they did this >>319646001
>>
>>319646576
the SJWs will never own up to this. they will gladly blame anybody else but the whole point is they lay low when the trouble they caused hits and drink in their fancy timeshares celebrating their accomplishments.
>>
>>319647596
I give
Where's that definition from anyway? Seems weirdly good.
>>
File: 1445150188994.jpg (36 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1445150188994.jpg
36 KB, 396x388
>>319646019
>SFV THREAD BABY YOOOOO LAURA IS BAE, MAINAN, FAPPAN, WRECKAN GET THE FUCK IN HERE BROS
The good SFV times
>>
>>319647926

I don't know, someone else gave it to me
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 400x304
Some of you don't get it. Censorship or not, Capcom made a pointless change that won't effect their sales at all. If anything, it might be a slight negative impact with the vocal minority of "NO BUTTSLAP NO BUY" players.

The people these changes are supposed to appeal to don't even play fighting games. The only copies being sold to the "feminine" audience will most likely be used to blog about the sexist outfits in the game instead.

That's why I'm up in arms about this butt slap removal, because it makes no fucking sense when you look at the big picture.
>>
File: OTP.jpg (23 KB, 350x495) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
23 KB, 350x495
>>319639761
Stfu faggot the only guns you've touched is on cod
>>
>>319649347
nuuoooooo ure wrong goobygooby! goobygooby goobygooby!
>>
File: 1448776364205.jpg (10 KB, 144x180) Image search: [Google]
1448776364205.jpg
10 KB, 144x180
>>319644917
>dat butthurt
>>
File: sjwsdontexist.jpg (698 KB, 2016x1737) Image search: [Google]
sjwsdontexist.jpg
698 KB, 2016x1737
>>319647775
Haha, silly manchild pissbaby. SJWs don't exist.

Now excuse me while I google frantically for your personal details so I can ruin your life for saying "SJWs".
>>
>>319639115
There's no such thing as voting with your wallet. They don't look at theoretical sales, they look at actual sales.

If SFV gets shitty sales they're not gonna go "Well shit, I guess fans weren't happy about something. Let's go to the Internet and find out what we can do to win them back!" they're gonna go "Well I guess nobody's buying SF games, time to bury the franchise with Mega Man."
>>
>>319649452
If it's not obvious yet this is what it sounds like when you make an argument they can't counter.
>>
>>319638424
I don't really care about it, but Capcom's excuse is dumb.
"We want more people to play it, we don't want it to be offensive" and i get that, it's understandable.
But if you went this far, why not outright remove R.Mika from the game, then? Why is Laura still always showing her ass, then?
>>
File: sfv-chunli-alternate-costume2.jpg (532 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sfv-chunli-alternate-costume2.jpg
532 KB, 1920x1080
>>319649347

I think capcom want to turn SFV into an esport with shit like evo so they fear it won't be esportable if it's "not suitable for everyone" which is hilarious because by doing this they are just telling another different group they can fuck off when all it would have taken was putting a menu option, DOA used to have a boob jiggle yes/boob jiggle no option back in 1996 but suddenly this sort of shit is impossible in 2015

Not to mention capcom does this shit, then has no problem selling you optional DLC that look like this, fucking hypocrites i swear
>>
>>319646798
Nope.
>>
>>319643363
That isn't a problem for people that play fighting games and stick with it
>>
>>319649728
Because people really like that stuff. Removing the buttslap is just a token gesture for the SJWs in the hopes that they might praise Capcom for their progressiveness and for "taking a step in the right direction". Meanwhile we still get 99% of the sexy girls we like (and someone can mod the butt camera anyway).
>>
>>319650316
Chun's legs have gotten out of hand.
>>
>>319650638
Not out of hand enough. They should be big enough you can't even wrap an arm around them
>>
File: 1446833929559.png (196 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
1446833929559.png
196 KB, 600x665
>>319641282
>>
>Capcom will restrict players and make you unlock them with an unreasonably high number of wins or real money
>fighting game fans defend this
>>
>>319638835
Just remember Devil May Cry reboot that tried to reach a wider audience. It ended up being the worst selling Devil May Cry game.
>>
>>319643220
They have been doing it since arena.
Daggerfall isnt a complex game. It is a "isnt it cool if we..." game.
>>
>>319638835
remember that time capcom literally said "we want RE6 to appeal to CoD fans"

and it was a steaming pile of shit that no one liked? especially not CoD fans, or RE fans?

Capcom is run by a bunch of fucking monkeys who have no idea what to do
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.