[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any vidya that take place in your hometown, /v/? Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: sleeping_dogs.jpg (134 KB, 564x690) Image search: [Google]
sleeping_dogs.jpg
134 KB, 564x690
Are there any vidya that take place in your hometown, /v/? Pic related.
>>
>>319637225
no but the protagonist of W:TNO references it
>>
>>319637225
You live in China? Can you breath?
>>
I lived in Los Angeles for a few years, which has had both real and fictional versions appear in video games, but there aren't any games in the city where I was born/raised, or where I currently live.
>>
File: 1445480129773.png (208 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1445480129773.png
208 KB, 480x480
>Fifa/PES
other than that I don't think there's much.
>>
Yep. Infamous Second Son.
>>
File: welcome to the ricefield.gif (1019 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the ricefield.gif
1019 KB, 500x245
Deus Ex Invisible War
>>
File: Hong_Kong.jpg (4 MB, 4250x1844) Image search: [Google]
Hong_Kong.jpg
4 MB, 4250x1844
>>319637346
Hong Kong. It's very polluted.
>>
No, but Chernarus is pretty close.
>>
Big chunks of the city from Need for Speed Underground 2 were based on bits of the Vancouver area. Not all of them though, they took parts from multiple cities and mashed them together with some fictional stuff. Other than that I can't think of anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 570x300
Denver mission
>>
How is that game anyway?
>>
Nope. If a game is set in the UK it's always London.
>>
>>319638132
It's a last gen port. Looks bad.
>>
>>319637225
Fallout 4 is the closest i can think of.
>>
It's kinda in Eurotruck Sim 2.
>>
Don't think so.
Any games take place on Long Island?
>>
>>319638132
Best last gen open world.
>>
>>319638482

Duke nukem manhattan project
>>
>living in a city
>>
>>319638164

Resistance: Fall of Man had a bunch of different locations around the UK. Cardiff, Bristol, Manchester, etc. A lot of games do give the impression that London is the only city though.

>>319638132

I actually really liked it. The story missions had some pacing problems, there were a few things that felt weirdly unfinished (the girlfriend missions), and the melee combat, while decently fun, probably wasn't deep enough to justify the amount of emphasis they put on it, but it was a pretty good open world game overall.

I played it on PC though, can't speak for the PS4 version but I assume it's probably fine.
>>
>>319637225
MGS1 takes place in my home state. It's the only game that comes to mind when I think of games that take place in Alaska but I'm sure there's plenty more. Probably just a bunch of snowboarding and hunting games though.
>>
>>319638132
Pretty good. Could've more places for you to enter, like the GTA series. All stores looked the same and you could barely enter inside any building. But it's still pretty good.
>>
>>319638589
This 2bh to my family. I used to live in a city with over 200k people and moved to one with barely 10k. The difference in the quality of life is astonishing.
>>
>>319638132
Yakuza stretched out to GTA levels
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.