[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Coverdoom3-1-.jpg (38 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
Coverdoom3-1-.jpg
38 KB, 344x500
What went wrong?
>>
It was ahead of its time.
>>
File: GD0FV4Y.gif (2 MB, 512x321) Image search: [Google]
GD0FV4Y.gif
2 MB, 512x321
>>319634946
Not as good as the first doom.
>>
Tried to be a horror and an over the top action game at the same time. Didn't do either to the best of its ability.
>>
>the guns had barely any impact
>the movement speed was way too slow when not running
>monsters had barely any variation in both how they attacked and how you dealt with them
>maps were linear and cramped
>heavily reliant on jump scares and monster closets
Fix those and it could have been god tier
>>
The game is notorious for crashing computers, the only thing you saw after launching the game was a black screen.
>>
Nothing, its the best Doom game.
>>
>>319635170
This is the best way anyone can put it, I think.

I remember getting it from my friend, then an EBGames employee, a few days before it came out. We drank and played on my XBox. It was fucking awesome.

I think it still holds up.
>>
>>319634946
It's like System Shock 2 but with loads of lazy jump scares instead of a real haunting atmosphere. There were some genuinely cool moments in Doom 3 but they're buried under the same Imp spawning behind you in a dark hallway for the 17th time.
>>
>>319634946
it was a good game with top tier atmosphere and a half decent story. fuck what everyone says.
>>
>>319634946
It was named Doom.
>>
>>319635095
i didnt see this as "trying to be horror" any more than the movie Aliens was trying to be horror. It was an action game. Story-wise you were just a hardened space marine who landed in the middle of a shit show and the game is you trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>319634946
They didn't want to make another Doom game so they made something else and put Doom on the cover.

Same as now, except SS2/Bioshock like game is still more tolerable than fucking Halo.

Also the weapons felt weak as piss.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.