[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good DS RPG's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: New-Nintendo-3DS-XL.jpg (42 KB, 450x291) Image search: [Google]
New-Nintendo-3DS-XL.jpg
42 KB, 450x291
So I impulse bought a new 3DS XL. It's my first handheld since my old Gameboy Color when I was younger. Already picked up some of my old favorites off of the eShop like Zelda: Link's Awakening, various Mario titles, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

My question to you is this:
What are some of your favorite RPG titles on the DS? I've been itching to dive into a good RPG, but nothing on the eShop really grabs me. I decided I'd go check out what is available via game cartridge at Gamestop or something, but honestly I have no idea what to look for. Any input would be appreciated.
>>
>>319630574
Pokemon X and ORAS are top tier, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona Q, and SMT4 are worth it as well.
>>
>>319630574
etrian odyssey
>>
>>319630670

I see that X is vastly more popular than Y. Is there a reason for that?
>>
>>319630574
I assume you're after DS as well as 3DS games?

have a look at Radiant Historia, TWEWY, Final Fantasy - four heroes of light (also Tactics A2) and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless frontier
>>
etrian odyssey is fucking amazing and you can play them in any order, just don't play them backwards and 1 and 2 are obsolete
>>
>>319630574
Pokemon xy and oras
Bravely default
Smt 4 and persona a
Stella glow
>>
There are a lot of demos on the eshop, I'd say try Etrian Odyssey 4 personally as that is probably my favorite 3DS rpg.

If you want to try something really different, play Crimson Shroud, music done by the FFT guy, and also the guy who directed FFT as well
>>
>>319630574
xenoblade chronicles was a really good wii title, but i don't know how good the 3ds port is.
>>
>>319631308
forgot a link, OST is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyoIN2kFiL8

I was going to link gameplay but it's not exactly exciting to watch. What give the game its charm is the tabletop look and the flavor text throughout the game
>>
Awesome thanks for all the responses! I've got a good base to start from.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.