[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better modern RPG series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Mass Effects vs Witcher 3.jpg (353 KB, 823x1063) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effects vs Witcher 3.jpg
353 KB, 823x1063
Name a better modern RPG series
>>
>>319630249
Undertale has a 96
>>
purse owner
>>
>>319630310
He said RPG
>>
>>319630310
so does ME2
>>
>>319630310

Nope, it has a 94
>>
>>319630249
>360 version of witcher 2
>ps4 version of witcher 3

come on
>>
>>319630421

Used the version with the most reviews. I also used the console versions of ME. Even the PC versions wouldn't change the message
>>
>only played mass effect 1
>did not understand the hype
seriously, why do people make such a big deal out of this game? The dialogue is pretty flat, the gunplay is just decent ad the codex entries get fucking tedious. Even the role-playing aspect was kind of linear with just "paragon" or "renegade", which seemed to have really flexible definitions.
>>
>>319630249

Those are the two best.

You are actually correct for once OP.

Good taste.
>>
>>319630681

I think he's pre-emptively shutting out Witchershills before they argue against him saying Mass Effect.
>>
>me3 highest rated of the series
>higher than all the witcher games

and reviewers tried to claim they aren't complete whores for big publishers
>>
>>319630249
Why do witcher games get a pass with atrocious gameplay whereas I see games with much better gameplay being thrown into the mud?
>>
>>319630640

What, not enough swords and elves for you faggot?
>>
>>319630847

>ME3
>highest rated

But it isn't faggot

>higher than all Witcher games
>Implying liquid shit isn't better than all of the Witcher games
>>
>ME3
>93 Metascore

And this is why I don't trust game reviewers
>>
>>319630892
I didn't even mention Witcher you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>319631000
name something it did worse than ME2 other than the ending
>>
>>319631048

Neither did I you fucking mongoloid
>>
File: 1343694752025.png (389 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1343694752025.png
389 KB, 1024x576
>Mass Effect 3 has a higher score than Mass Effect
>>
>>319631084

Side quests / planetary exploration

>literally every side quest was horde mode from MP without the online
>>
>>319630640
>seriously, why do people make such a big deal out of this game?
Because they have shit taste? ME2 is the only good ME.

>b-but muh reapers
Are the worst thing about the series. The games would be 10x better as just a Space Cop getting mixed up in criminal activity, inter species politics and personal relationships.
>>
>>319631084
Level design
Game design
Dialogue
Characters
Combat balancing
Soundtrack
Kai Leng or whatever that edgy faggot's name was. He deserves his own point.

Not to mention Mass Effect 2 was a turd that ruined the series to begin with.
>>
>>319631205
>Are the worst thing about the series. The games would be 10x better as just a Space Cop getting mixed up in criminal activity, inter species politics and personal relationships.
So why are you praising 2, you dumb fucker?

1 was where you played space cop. 2 started the whole "DA REAPUHS ARE COMING U R DA CHOZEN WUN SHEPARD U MUST STOP DA REAPUHS" and totally ignored the whole aspect of being a SPECTRE.
>>
>>319631084
>dialogue system (far fewer options)
>the dialogue itself (who even wrote some of this shit?)
>visual aesthetics
>side missions where just recycled multiplayer maps
>killed off and side-lined interesting characters from previous games
>overarching narrative is somehow even more shit the ME2s

The only thing that improved was the combat, and even the it was still bland.
>>
>>319631307
/thread
>>
>>319631608
>1 was where you played space cop.
Oh please. I know ME1 fans are delusional stupid cunts but get the fuck out of here. 1 was hunting down Saren and MUH REAPERS. 2 was recruiting people for a special mission that wasn't related to reapers till later on because MUH REAPERS ARE COMING shit ending from the first crap game. Those recruitments and characters got you involved in everything I mentioned.

Fuck off.
>>
>>319631820
>2 was recruiting people for a special mission that wasn't related to reapers
You are fucking retarded. They tell in the fucking beginning that the Collectors are working with the Reapers. Literally, that's your first conversation with TIM, and you confirm it the first time you get on a Collector ship. And they throw your status as a SPECTRE out the window entirely. It's never important in Mass Effect 2. Meanwhile, it's always important in Mass Effect. The main goal in Mass Effect is to hunt down Saren, a rogue SPECTRE. You piece together information about the Reapers along the way. The only real "MUH REAPERS" part of the game is the end of it. Which is fine. All of the side missions revolve around your role in the Alliance military or your position as a Spectre. Meanwhile, Mass Effect 2 hardly has any side missions, and those that it does revolve around you being "COMMANDER SHEPARD, DA CHOZEN WUN"

You fuck off, you retarded cocksucking piece of shit.
>>
Deus ex.

/thread
>>
>>319632641
>All of the side missions
I should have said all of the missions, because the main missions revolve around you being a Spectre, naturally.
>>
>>319632641
>>319632827
A spectre is nothing but a title that meant literally fucking nothing you retarded asspie. It was exactly the same as DA CHOZEN ONE in a literal sense.

ME1 fans are fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1340274918530.jpg (23 KB, 470x308) Image search: [Google]
1340274918530.jpg
23 KB, 470x308
>mfw they are both shit
I don't know how anyone can stand modern wrpgs. What a fucking embarrassment they are.
>>
>>319630249
the witcher 1 doesn't deserve an 81.
>>
>>319632926
>A spectre is nothing but a title
We're talking about Mass Effect, not Mass Effect 2.
>It was exactly the same as DA CHOZEN ONE in a literal sense.
Go ahead and try to logically explain that one. I won't wait.

Anyway, you're a fucking retard, like most ME2 fans. Shepard's position as a SPECTRE gave his character a motivation, a clearly defined position within the world's setting, and reason for other characters to lobby him with requests. In Mass Effect 2, he has none of that, he's just some asshole pseudo-celebrity who's financially backed by terrorists that people roll over for for no reason. Of course, you unironically enjoy Mass Effect 2, so naturally you don't give a shit about basic game design or storytelling conventions.
>>
Xenoblade
>>
>>319632719
>Deus ex.

sorry but meme games are automatically disqualified.
>>
>>319633656
>We're talking about Mass Effect
Exactly. The shitty game where you are given a title that gets you anything you want like a chosen one. All Shepard has to do is walk in a room and say I'M A SPECTRE! It's not different you sad reject.

Not that it matters, because you don't do anything "spectre" like in the shitty first game. Just chase one crappy villian down. You don't learn dick about the races, history and people of the ME universe through quests/missions, just dull expository dialogue from rubbish characters like Tali and Liara who have no persoanlity, just talking codex entries.
>so naturally you don't give a shit about basic game design or storytelling conventions.
Coming from the brain damaged fanbase that thinks "REAPERS ARE TOO DEEP FOR YOU" was great storytelling and not Bioware saying "we haven't thought up something yet" that's funny. I'm surprised you haven't tried defending Mako and the inventory yet.

I'm done entertaining your autistic ass.

I repeat, Reapers were the worst thing about this shitty series and it would be 10x better if they did not exist.
>>
File: GOTY.png (235 KB, 1294x714) Image search: [Google]
GOTY.png
235 KB, 1294x714
>>319630249
>Shh casuals

The king of Metacritic Score.
>>
>>319634452
I don't know why the critics were autistic enough to give Morrowind a 89 score. It honestly deserves a 98.
>>
>>319634015
>The shitty game where you are given a title that gets you anything you want like a chosen one.
lol no it doesn't. Even if it did, having a reason for your character's importance is far, far better than having no reason whatsoever.
>Not that it matters, because you don't do anything "spectre" like in the shitty first game
>You don't learn dick about the races, history and people of the ME universe through quests/missions
Apparently Noveria and Feros didn't happen. Or Virmire for that matter.
>Just chase one crappy villian down
Yeah, that's so much worse than having no antagonist at all. God you're a fucking idiot.
>Coming from the brain damaged fanbase that thinks "REAPERS ARE TOO DEEP FOR YOU" was great storytelling and not Bioware saying "we haven't thought up something yet"
Nice strawman.
>I'm surprised you haven't tried defending Mako and the inventory yet.
I'm winning the argument, so I don't need to bring up unrelated points in a poor attempt to deflect the bootyblasting I'm receiving.
>I repeat, Reapers were the worst thing about this shitty series and it would be 10x better if they did not exist.
I love how you're passively admitting what an abortion 2 and 3 were.

The reapers were perfectly fine in 1, and didn't become a problem until 2 and 3. They never needed to be explained, and they never needed to be expounded upon. They even gave themselves a cop-out, since it was explained in Mass Effect that the reapers were stranded in dark space, and it would take thousands of years for them to reach the galaxy. Mass Effect 2 could have been exactly what you're suggesting, just being a SPECTRE and working to solve some other galactic crisis, unrelated to da reapuhs. Instead, Mass Effect 2 revolves around you stopping Plan C, and solving a bunch of retards' daddy issues for no reason other than its a video game, and you know that if you don't they'll die in the final mission. You can't blame Mass Effect 1 for the route 2 and 3 went down.
>>
>>319630249

Mass Effect isn't a series though, there was only 1 game.
>>
>>319634975

the game is so old that critics might have given it an honest score back then while that skyrim score is just riding todds dick
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.