[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Hi, we're the best games in our respective series'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 307957_1.jpg (68 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
307957_1.jpg
68 KB, 500x436
>"Hi, we're the best games in our respective series' but are denied that position because of retarded, contrarian, nostalgia-glass wearing plebs."
>>
>>319628567
That would actually be Doom 2 and Quake 2 or 3 for multiplayer.
>>
Quake 4 wasn't too bad compared to Doom 3.
>>
File: for the skies.jpg (113 KB, 584x816) Image search: [Google]
for the skies.jpg
113 KB, 584x816
fuck you all
>>
>>319630148
this tbqh senpai
>>
>>319628690
all doom 2 had going for it was the super shotgun and new enemies, the level design was far inferior to doom 1

while quake 2 had a superb multiplayer, you have to agree that quake 1's campaign was far better
>>
>>319630331
>all Doom 2 had going for it was one of the best guns to ever be featured in a video game and some of the best enemies to ever be featured in an FPS
>>
>>319628567
Latest ≠ Best
>>
>>319628567
thats not Doom 64 and Quake 2
>>
>>319631083
the level design was fuck awful is most levels, no enemy or weapon can balance this shit out
>>
>>319628567
I liked quake 4 single player, but the multiplayer was horrible.
>>
>>319628567
Quake 4 was bad, Doom 3 was bad.
Deeeeal with it.
>>
i popped a chubby during the stroggification scene
>>
quake 4 campaign, sure.

doom 3 was ruined by monster closets.
>>
Doom 3 with the flashlight mod is great.
>>
>>319633453
It was good/decent in some, and I'm one of those people who care about enemies and weapons more than about level design. I also maintain that Doom wouldn't be such a huge modding success without Doom 2. Doom 1 monsters are pretty boring, and lack of SSG makes some of them a huge waste of time to deal with.
>>
>>319630148
had so much fun in multiplayers in custom map. It was my first and only Halo, but holy hell the time i spent playing with random people on a shit tons of different custom maps. I still remember it clear as day, i'll always miss it.
>>
>>319628567
>I didn't like doom games before 3 all that much as a kid and only enjoy them now that I'm older and not a retarded child and can play modded versions.
>B-But nostalgia
>>
>>319628567
yeah, no. that would be doom 2 and quake, as in 1.

>>319630148
reach was quite good, apart from the horrible, horrible image quality in single-player campaign.
>>
>>319628567

Pretty much this.

/thread
>>
>>319628567
>Doom 3
I played the original Doom games when I was younger, but I never developed much attachment to them. I just saw them as 'okay' games. But Doom 3 was crap. It had a nice atmosphere and it couldn't even use it right.
>>
I played Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3 all for the first time a few years ago. Doom 3 is boring and uninspired. They so desperately wanted to make a Half Life game and what we got failed as both a Doom and a HL.
>>
Doom 3 isn't the worst game ever, but it isn't Doom. Quake 4 is just a bad game all around. A lot of that is thanks to the terrible, forced vehicle sections. The constant
>RAMIREZ, DO EVERYTHING
doesn't help anything
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.