[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think this is the best mario&luigi? Its by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x360
Why do people think this is the best mario&luigi?
Its by far the worst, it's filled with so much annoying gameplay. Am i the only one who thinks this?

I've played all of them except Dream Team and i think Partners In Time was the most fun. Superstar Saga is really good too but it's pretty dated.
>>
>>319618138
I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you, but I hope you realize people are going to take this as bait and disregard your opinion. I will say that unlike most people I did enjoy Partners in Time as well.
>>
>>319618138
>partners in time
>the most fun
>bosses are all sponges and attack cost is nothing
PiT is the worse M&L game easily with really no diversity in gameplay, forgettable story and generally just poor in all aspects
>>
If you think PiT is the best or SS is dated I'm afraid you've just got shit taste. BIS is overrated though.
>>
>>319619073
Its not bait though, I'm dead serious. I really have a hard time believing so many people praised this as the best in the series.
>>
>>319619179
I don't think i have shit taste. PiT is short and sweet and doesn't overstay it's welcome with shitty no fun filler content like BIS did. And SS is dated, i still said it's very fun to play.
>>
>>319619438
>SS is dated
no its not, explain yourself
>>
>>319619438
im glad its short because it was very shitty
you better be european to have liked that game
>>
>>319619438
PiT isn't short and sweet, it's regular length and shit. None of the Bros Items have any kick to them which is an issue the following games still suffer from to a lesser extent, enemies are all damage sponges, the hub world set-up kills any sense of a connected world, the Shroobs are boring villians, and more. The only pro it really has is the actual overworld platforming and puzzles are better than the two after it, but SS was still better.
>>
>>319619975
I don't understand the damage sponge argument.

What makes them sponges and the enemies in the other M&L games not?
>>
>>319619534
It's a lot less smooth than the newer games in the series, stop reading into it so much, I already said it's a great game, i just prefer PiT
>>
>>319620676
so not dated?
i get it, it was never outdated since games never get outdated you just ignored it
>>
>>319620553
are you european if not then fuck you
many bosses had too much health that they lowered in future regions
>>
>>319620908
No I'm not european, too much health?
You like winning boss battles in 4 attacks?
>>
while i had a good time with this game, i'll probably never ever go through a second playthrough. so i kind of agree with you OP
>>
>>319620817
It's dated, but it's still a good game.
>>
>>319618138

Bros Attacks>everything that came after
>>
>>319618138
My enjoyment of the series overall has dropped off some just because of how annoying it is to keep swapping field moves to get around as you progress. They seriously need to make those purely context-sensitive
>>
>>319619438
So, PiT is the best one because it's short and has no content?
>I don't think i have shit taste.
LOL
O
L
>>
>>319618138
I'll agree that BIS is extremely overrated. But let's not pretend PiT is superior.
>>
SSG > DT > PiT = BiS
>>
>>319622565
Underage detected
>>
File: Bowser Outlines.png (12 KB, 550x107) Image search: [Google]
Bowser Outlines.png
12 KB, 550x107
>>319618138
Bring back the outlines!
>>
SS > BIS > DT > PiT
>>
Try Try Again > Victory in the Dream World
Fite me
>>
File: Bowser sprite outlines.png (6 KB, 127x120) Image search: [Google]
Bowser sprite outlines.png
6 KB, 127x120
>>319624047
BOWSER'S SPIKES ARE NOT TAN!!
>>
>>319627491
They haven't been yellow for god knows how long
>>
File: best bowser.png (654 KB, 970x582) Image search: [Google]
best bowser.png
654 KB, 970x582
>>319627852
Yeah, ages. The last time was, what, six days ago?
>>
>>319618138
>Its by far the worst, it's filled with so much annoying gameplay. Am i the only one who thinks this?
I wouldn't go that far. It was okay, and definitely better than Partners in Time.

The Bowser sections were novel and clever but any time you had to use the brothers it turned into a series of minigames and 2D platforming sections that honestly weren't that fun, but that's something all of the M&L games suffer from to a varying degree. It's like they're never content on being just an RPG and start throwing things at the wall to get as quirky as possible, and after doing the same weird gimmicky section three times it gets tiresome. Superstar Saga had the best balance when it came to that stuff.

I've always gotten the impression that Mario RPG fans don't tend to be fans of traditional RPGs though, especially the M&L crowd, so those sections probably sit with them better.
>>
File: bowser 64.jpg (14 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
bowser 64.jpg
14 KB, 259x194
>>319628341
bruh
>>
>>319619147
>PiT is the worse M&L game easily with really no diversity in gameplay, forgettable story and generally just poor in all aspects

It had the best worlds, music and bosses.

PiT was the only game with challange in it.
>>
>>319621892
People would complain about the gameplay being dumbed down in that case. Anyway, Paper Jam kinda alleviates the issue in that you can directly select any field action by tapping it on the touch screen. Also the trio run field action overrides any other one and it's what you use to traverse the overworld 90% of the time, so no need to switch to use it.
>>
>>319618138
> Am i the only one who thinks this?
Yup, you should also kill yourself.

>Partners In Time was the most fun.
>Superstar Saga is really good too
>but it's pretty dated.
You should really consider killing yourself. I don't normally say this seriously, but drink bleach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6M2xt_Ks4Y
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.