[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
classic or outdated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Metroid II.jpg (71 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Metroid II.jpg
71 KB, 640x640
classic or outdated?
>>
File: corredor.jpg (58 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
corredor.jpg
58 KB, 320x288
was never very good to begin with even for a 1991 gameboy game
>>
It had some cool ideas that were limited by the tech that it was developed for. It's the worst 2d Metroid game.

The main theme that plays through the game is one of the best songs from the entire series though.
>>
>>319617176
Metroid II was my first Metroid and I loved every fucking minute of it. That was back in 2008.
>>
>>319617176
Needs a Zero Mission style remake.
>>
The biggest issue was the lack of a map. Everything room looked the same because of the graphics.
>>
File: metroid-ii-game-boy-colourful.jpg (240 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
metroid-ii-game-boy-colourful.jpg
240 KB, 500x375
Classic.
>>
Classic. Color patches make it a lot better
>>
A game restricted by it's hardware, the concept is great and is the only other Metroid title that needs a remake.
>>
>>319617797
Why can't it look like that on the 3DS Virtual Console?
>>
>The biggest issue was the lack of a map. Everything room looked the same because of the graphics.

was more of an issue with the first metroid, there were rooms that were literally copy-pasted

in metroid 2 everything's a bunch of corridors with a few branching paths that need to be backtracked linearly out of
>>
>>319617783
>>319618013

Plus, areas are blocked off by lava until you kill all the Metroids that are nearby. You now where you need to go, have been, and will be later.
>>
It's a classic that's technically outdated, but that doesn't mean it isn't still fun or worth playing.
>>
>>319618013
And then you got the Spiderball, and the exploration portion of the game got even worse since you had to deal with verticality to a degree that sucks with the scale of the visuals they chose with Samus.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.