[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Tales-of-Zesteria[1].jpg (848 KB, 2541x1075) Image search: [Google]
Tales-of-Zesteria[1].jpg
848 KB, 2541x1075
>in my steam library for awhile
>decide to try it out
>hour+ long intro
>immersion breaking "the cart is broken down" but instantly cuts to moving out of the way seconds later
Characters seem OK so far. What am I in for?
>>
A fun initial few hours then the game dips in quality in almost every regard from story to gameplay.
>>
Is it your first tales?
>>
>>319617045
>He fell for the Zestiria meme
>>
>>319617547
I've played a bunch of other tales but this one feels quite a bit different. Favorite was probably Vesperia?

They're definitely highlighting the characters and the combat feels relatively talesy.
>>
It's pretty good. The stamina system replacing the mana system is a pretty good decision. Makes all the battles more fast paced. The camera makes controlling melee characters more fun, but mage characters don't hold the same usability with limited vision of the battlefield.

Characters are pretty likeable and there's someone for everybody, Sorey for the likable protag, Alisha for spear handler, Dezel for edgy "muh revenge" guy, Lailah for pretty somehow actually good puns, Edna for lolifags and Mikleo for the fuccbois. Any more of the characters and I'd be spoiling you too much.

The dungeons are well designed with their share of dead ends and twists and turns. If only you didn't get the map of the areas from the start and it would fill as you explore, it would have made exploring them much better. The fields are too big and unless you're willing to battle every 20 seconds, you're gonna take a while to get anywhere.

Other than that, it's pretty >fun
>>
>>319617045

Wondering if I should get this. I loved Xilla but I feel Xillia's combat wasn't nearly as good as graces. Will I like Zestiria?
>>
>>319617045
Tales games have always had clunky slow shitty combat so be ready for that shit. Story is pretty shitty too. everything else is mediocre.
>>
>>319619056
Zestiria wishes it could have Graces combat or even Xillia's combat.
>>
>>319619908

Please tell me at the very least bosses don't have that stupid shit where they combo-break you after 5 hits? I thought that was dumb that in regular fights they seem to be teaching you how to combo properly and then in boss fights all that goes out the window because they didn't feel like doing something that made sense like lowering hitstun time, or making bosses automatically punish you or something if you drop your combo.
>>
>>319617045
A game that gets boring after ~10 hours but doesn't end for another 30 hours
>>
>>319621027

Bosses don't do that but the game fucking hard caps your combo to 4 arts so have fun comboing. At most you can increase the cap by a couple if you spend ages trying to fine tune your equipment to do just that (and then you'll lose out on major offensive/defensive bonuses just to be able to do slightly longer combo).

It's just awfully designed game all around.
>>
>>319621027
They don't, but a lot of bosses seem to have really high thresholds with how many hits they can take before hitstun kicks in, which is fine.

However, the big kicker is that you can only ever do 4 attacks in a single combo, unless you go searching around for this one skill for your weapons/armor that extends it by one attack. That and the horrendously bad party AI, even moreso than usual Tales games, makes boss fights a fucking chore to go through.
>>
>>319617045
Get ready to have your AI teammates killed over and over in every bossfight
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.