[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't wait for more FFX to FFVII tie ins with the new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: cloudandtifa.png (467 KB, 655x585) Image search: [Google]
cloudandtifa.png
467 KB, 655x585
I can't wait for more FFX to FFVII tie ins with the new remake! XD

Shin-Ra and FFX-2 this is going to be so awesome the two best final fantasies sharing a universe more connected than evar!!!! :3 :3
>>
>>319616716

>Both games feature something named Shinra
>people think they're the same universe for this reason alone

You know how many Final Fantasy games have a creature called Bomb? Does that make them the same universe?

It's a reference to 7, that's it. Just like 8 had a reference to 7
>>
>>319617013
Its actually confirmed they are connected dude no joke.
>>
>>319617013
confirmed canon by creator of the game :3 :3 LOL Its awesome!!!
>>
They are all connected

proof? GIRUGAMESH
>>
File: FFX Jecht art.jpg (105 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
FFX Jecht art.jpg
105 KB, 700x1050
>>319617013
Theres legitimate reasons for it to an extent.
In FFX-2, there is a nod to FF7. Shinra, whose name itself is a nod to FF7, talks about finding a way to harness the energy/life of the planet for energy. Obviously another reference.

However, the reason people say this bullshit is because in FF Ultimania, Nojima gives a hypothetical situation in which Shinras descendants travel to other planets thousands of years after X-2 and found the Shin-Ra company. People are taking this little "Ha ha, what if?" and making it into fact.

Its nothing more than an Easter egg people are taking way too seriously, and other are using to piss off FF7 fans.
>>
>>319616716
>That sloppy copypaste
Poor waifu fags really are desperate.
>>
>>319617013
Ultimania guides confirmed it and Shinra in FFX-2 literally flat out makes nods towards harvesting power from the soul plane or something i.e. lifestream.

It's not even that hard to make the connection honestly. It doesn't exactly rob anything from either game, just a random "huh same universe but so far apart in time it literally doesn't matter anyways"
>>
File: CLOUD IS TOO SKINNY.jpg (60 KB, 728x742) Image search: [Google]
CLOUD IS TOO SKINNY.jpg
60 KB, 728x742
If Nomura confirmed no Compilation shit interrupting the story, so I doubt it although an easter egg would be great.
>>
x waifus are better anyways
>>
>>319617527

It was intended as a joke you fool.
>>
File: Tifa.jpg (274 KB, 882x528) Image search: [Google]
Tifa.jpg
274 KB, 882x528
>>319618027
See
>>319617875
Its just a reference. Nojima is so non-chalant about everything is says regarding it because hes just dicking around with a fun "what if?" theory.

"when traveling to distant planets becomes possible, the Shin-Ra Company is founded on another world, or something like that....... "

If every time an FF game made a direct reference to another FF game, almost all of them would be in the same universe.
>>
>>319618314

they're the same

titty monster one
jailbait one
average plain one
>>
On the other hand, if you kill that little guy you save thousands/millions of lives and avert a planetary catastrophe. So no, I don't think they were serious.
>>
>>319618705

they even play the same roles in battle

>tits is damage
>plain jane does the heals
>skinny young one does some unorthodox fighting style than CAN be strong
>>
File: FFT.jpg (578 KB, 2676x1741) Image search: [Google]
FFT.jpg
578 KB, 2676x1741
>>319618705
Which is why FFT has the best waifu's.
>>
>>319618705
>>319619123

I never noticed this. The weird part is in both cases the titty monster is best girl too.
>>
>>319619193

I'll have the oracle.
>>
>>319618705
>>319619123
>>319619694
Lets add in some more similarities.

Average plain one wears a dress type costume
Jailbait one wears an arm guard
Titty monster one wears cum obviously...
>>
>>319620163
My favorite character to make in the game is a Dancing Thief, but if I based one on my 2 favorite looks in here, I will need to make a Mediating Oracle next time.
>>
File: 14139660_p4.jpg (139 KB, 400x626) Image search: [Google]
14139660_p4.jpg
139 KB, 400x626
>>319619193
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.