[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since 4 is shit what features would you include to make 5 better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: The-Sims-4.jpg (80 KB, 660x400) Image search: [Google]
The-Sims-4.jpg
80 KB, 660x400
Since 4 is shit what features would you include to make 5 better?

Hard mode:

No will wright
>>
>>319616045
sunglasses on launch
>>
>>319616045
>Focus on nailing down the UI
>Put heavier emphasis on actual home building.
>Bring the Sims 3 style open world back
>It's gotten a bit too campy, scale it back to the level of sims 1
>The art style has gotten a bit too cartoonish, shoot for a more realistic approach (The sims 1)
>More diverse neighborhoods. I want incentive to move out of my shitty 1 bedroom in the ghetto where i can be randomly mugged on the street or worse.
>>
>>319617451
The sims is the only series that would improve with a more grim dark approach.
>>
Get to Work Careers as a default feature.
Just make Sims Medieval 2 with missing features like building homes in place.
>>
>>319616045
literally just sims 3 with better graphix, maybe sims 4 art direction, and better mod framework

and this will never ever happen but maybe if EA stopped jewing out on the content and expansion packs this franchise would be (less) of a joke, even if only in the soccer mom gaming community
>>
>>319618971
which is funny because soccer moms were not the reason why the sims became extremely popular.
>>
>>319617590

How in the fuck could you do that? Add swearing? Making 'Kill' a interaction? The Sims is fairly dark already.
>>
Artificial Academy 2 but with a gnome crafting bench.
>>
sims is dead. even casual scum were complaining about 3 sucking
>>
>>319619143
>Making 'Kill' a interaction

Yes also what this anon said

>>More diverse neighborhoods. I want incentive to move out of my shitty 1 bedroom in the ghetto where i can be randomly mugged on the street or worse.
>>
>>319616045
less time spent showering and using the toilet...
>>
>>319619468
>He doesn't play with no needs
>>
>>319619630
when else am I gonna peep at their naked bodies
>>
>>319619750
>Not having your wife walk around butt naked in your 3 story beach side mansion
>>
>>319619143
Have your sim be able to commit crimes and be sent to jail for it.
>>
Skip it and make Sims Medieval 2. Make it a cross between a life sim and a CRPG where you can build a cottage/inn/place to sell the goods you've plundered from dungeons, fight off bandits, get the plague etc.
>>
>>319616045

I can't believe this shit still exists... I remember girls in 3rd grade played sims, now that there are smartphones who the fuck even buys this shit?
>>
File: 1430693914483.jpg (47 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
1430693914483.jpg
47 KB, 460x464
Story progression
Fuck you EA, that was the best thing about 3
>>
Who cares? I just want a proper Sim City 5 in 3D.
C:S is still nice, I just miss the old mechanics.

I would kill for this.
>>
>>319620510
>Who cares?

a lot of people
>>
File: tell me about the poopoo, pepe.jpg (306 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
tell me about the poopoo, pepe.jpg
306 KB, 629x800
Sometimes I wonder if EA is pushing IPs to shit on purpose.
>>
Sims 4 is shit.
Sims 5 will be shitter.
Boycott EA games.
>>
>>319620352
What does 4 have that's actually better than vanilla 3? It feels like all they did was get rid of the best shit.
>CAS
All of the new options in 4 could be modded into 3 AND you could dress a sim entirely in purple leopard skin if you wantec. Hell, bringing that style shit back would already make 5 leaps and bounds better than 4.
>>
>>319616045
Here is my serious list. I played way too much Sims, through the entire series. So here we go.

>Actually good programming
The game needs to run better, load faster, not bloat from a ton of mods, and be very quick to patch and interact with plug ins. The Sims 3 ran like a fucking diseased whale.
>Give a player incentive to keep playing once rich
This is a tough one. The goal of every Sims game is to get rich. Once you are rich, you lose motivation. Maybe players leave and start a new bud of their family dynasty.
>Bring back create a style
This was a great, if overly complex feature that was loved
>Bring back the humour and soul
The Sims 1 and 2 had Soul. It needs to come back. Bring back the wit and humour.
>More flavour worlds
I would give players new worlds where they need to change up their play style. Like being stranded on a desert island, rural Victorian England, Mediaval Europe, rough colonization of a new planet, cities in the desert, bottom of the ocean, the cold, a post apocalyptic setting, each with new mechanics
>Launch the game with standard shit like pools, hot tubs, cars, all that jazz
>New random events
Your family loses all money, the house is destroyed, zombie apocalypse, the family house travels back in time, aliens take over the government and send an agent to live in your house, your family is chased out for turning into vampires, the town freezes over, the town turns into a desert.

So yeah. I'd go all out on this game. Bring back the scenarios from the console games, and things like the Sims 3 Medieval.
>>
>>319622386
>The goal of every Sims game is to get rich

They need to add higher mortgage rates and taxes.
>>
Sims 4 is great.
>>
>>319622713
Not after experiencing the open world of sims 3.

Yes it ran like shit but it was the best thing about the game.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.