[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ratchet and Clank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18
File: Qwark card.jpg (56 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Qwark card.jpg
56 KB, 600x338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGFZWf6Ix_k

I like that they kind of explore Ratchet's life before meeting Clank here. It was just kind of never spoken about before. And of course Ratchet isn't a dick in this

Still kind of peeved about the recycled weapons many times over though. Mr Zurkon needs to just stop already. Overall it continues to look promising especially for a 40 dollar title.
>>
>>319615720

We really have reached toy story graphics now.
>>
HATE MR ZURKON
>>
>Quark spoils that Drek is part of his race's extinction in the first two minutes of gameplay
Whelp. Wonder where the story is going to go in this one then.
>>
>>319615720
now that's an attractive humanoid-space-alien-weasel-cat
>>
File: Synthenoid.png (42 KB, 174x166) Image search: [Google]
Synthenoid.png
42 KB, 174x166
Mr Zurkon is lame compared to Synthenoids from RAC2
>>
I'm really apprehensive over this.
Into the Nexus was terrible in every aspect other than game play, and that suffered due to the horrible framerate. I'm thinking Insomniac may have lost the magic for good between that and how Sunset Overdrive looked worse every time they showed it, but I'm hoping this will prove me wrong.
>>
File: 6865649-little-big-planet.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6865649-little-big-planet.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>319615794
We pretty well surpassed them a while back. Toy Story still looks good artistically just because they made sure to do the animation the right way without taking lazy shortcuts, but technologically it shows its age.
>>
>>319616838
They're actually developing on more capable hardware so it's guaranteed to stay at a locked 30fps unlike the Framedropbox one
>>
>>319617175
>unlike the Framedropbox one

The sub20station 4 isnt much better. Oh it's 26 fps instead of 25. Top Kek
>>
>>319617175
>They're actually developing on more capable hardware
We're going to get framedrops. Any dev who targets 30fps is going to try and milk the visuals for 30fps, instead of 45-50 that's needed to ensure it won't ever dip below 30 even under full stress.
>>
>>319615720
This new footage actually has me as excited for the movie as the game. I think they might actually pull it off and give us a good vidya movie.
>>
>>319617402
Lmao I know both consoles are weak as shit, I'm just saying the PS4 is factually the more powerful and capable machine running games at higher resolution and keeping more stable frame rate compared to the Stutterbox one, the R&C remake is going to be a solid 30fps I can guarantee that based on what was shown thus far
>>
Favorite:
>Blaster
>Flamethrower
>Shotgun
>Rocket Launcher
>Grenade Launcher
>Sniper Rifle
>Animal Morph
>Melee
>Superweapon

I think that's every recurring category.
>>
I am torn between emulating and the HD collection as it seems that both have their flaws I cant even play it on the original PS2 since I cant find my modified one.
>>
File: 1419565675989.jpg (15 KB, 179x143) Image search: [Google]
1419565675989.jpg
15 KB, 179x143
"the blarg- who just happen to have played a major role in the extinction of the lombax race"
Hold up so did tachyon get retconned out?
Will cortney gear ever come back?
Will they ever ditch mr.zurkon?
>>
>>319617703
>guarantee solid 30

Like the slideshowstation four provided on bloodborne right? Kek seeing you get BTFO by digital foundey on release day will be amusing as fuck.
>>
>>319617690

It has a lot of heart for a "kids" game/movie.
>>
>>319617704
Blaster: Gold Blaster
Flamethrower: Pyro Blaster
Shotgun: Blitz Cannon
Rocket Launcher: Megarocket Cannon
Grenade Launcher: Mini Nuke
Sniper Rifle: Splitter Rifle
Animal Morph: Black Sheepinator
Melee: Walloper
Superweapon: RYNO2
>>
>>319617704
You also forgot "Minion/Familiar"

>Blaster
Dual Raptors (Deadlocked)

>Flamethrower
Liquid Nitrogen Gun (UYA)

>Shotgun
Nitro Reaper (ToD)

>Rocket
Decimator (GC)

>Sniper
Splitter Rifle (UYA)

>Morph
Qwak-o-Blitzer (UYA)

>Melee
Shredder Claws (ToD)

>Minion
Agents of Dread (UYA). really anything that isn't Mr Zurkon

>Superweapon
RY3NO (but NOT the RYNOCIRATOR) / Harbinger
>>
>>319618070
Yeah I'm wondering what the deal will be since Tachyon who removed Lombax. Unless he employed the Blarg like he did the Drophyds

I still question how Ratchet is alive though, and how most people are casually aware of what Lombaxes are despite only one(ish) being left in the universe.
>>
>>319617753
emulating is completely fucked because PCSX2 can't handle mip-mapping
>>
>>319615720
Jesus christ they've fucked everything up!
>All difficulty in platforming is gone in favour of swingshot everywhere
>Overused weapons
>Fucking Qwark narrirator
>Absolutely raped lore
>>
>>319618070
I imagine it may be part of the story, but just as a small note in case the movie doesn't do well and they can't do sequels.

I'd bet that if they do get a sequel they will explore the Lombax story way deeper.
>>
File: Helga.png (63 KB, 270x300) Image search: [Google]
Helga.png
63 KB, 270x300
>>319619614
Swingshots were in the original game too numpnuts.

Though with you STARTING with the swingshot, will they just omit Helga's obstacle course now?

Ratchet also apparently has a ship (albeit not a very good one), so they re-wrote his desire to travel in space with being a galactic ranger, so he doesn't use the ship that clank crashed with, as it blew up.
>>
>>319615720
>Liking Ratchet being too nice.
Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
File: Blargian Snagglebeast.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Blargian Snagglebeast.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
>>319619879
>liking dickwad ratchet

I'm sure Ratchet will still have his moments, particularly the betrayal scenes where Ratchet will go off on Clank and blah blah blah I never wanna see you again but they turn things around and become bromos
>>
>>319619878
He had a ship in the original, it just need a robot to activate the ignition system. Hopefully they dont get rid of Helgas course, pretty fun
>>
>>319620129
Oh right, he was scrounging for parts still.

But yeah he only saw Clank as the literal keys to his ship at the time and didn't give a shit about what Clank had to say about anything.
>>
>>319619878
Yea but all the platforming wasn't swingshot related. Plus wtf is up with Ratchet working at a garage? Him being alone made more sense
>>
File: SecertAgentClankmoviecharacters.jpg (335 KB, 1100x716) Image search: [Google]
SecertAgentClankmoviecharacters.jpg
335 KB, 1100x716
>>319619878
it's going to be interesting how many characters will get either cut or replaced
>>
>>319620104
I would've preferred something like Ratchet is a dickwad who only sees Clank as a way out of that planet, realizes he's got a duty to save the galaxy and then mans up and take up the hero's mantle. Sort of what R/C1 tried to do, and fail miserably. Ratchet being nice from the getgo just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

>What in Zoni's name...
This also triggers me.
>>
So

This is not just a game...

It is a game based movie video game.
>>
>>319620469
Its the game, based off a movie, based off the original R&C
>>
this will be my 3rd ps4 game, I own second son, and bloodborne
>>
File: GrimInTrailer.png (785 KB, 891x549) Image search: [Google]
GrimInTrailer.png
785 KB, 891x549
>>319620260
Ratchet worked in a garage before, it just wasn't explored upon.

Do you honestly think Ratchet raised himself from an abandoned infant? Grim is obviously his paternal figure in some way introduced to the story to make his past make more sense.
>>
>>319620540

That is what I said
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-09+at+10.25.35).jpg (69 KB, 900x434) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-09+at+10.25.35).jpg
69 KB, 900x434
#triggered
>>
>>319616643
>Synthenoid
>Megaturrets
>Agents of Doom
>Nano Swarmers
what are things better than Mr Zurkon
>>
I have absolutely zero faith in Insomniac these days.
I don't like the direction this game is going.
I don't like the direction the film is going.
But hey, at least it's not as bad as what's happened to Sly.
>>
File: 48291289713687.jpg (41 KB, 468x465) Image search: [Google]
48291289713687.jpg
41 KB, 468x465
More than likely the movie is going to completely retcon Going Commando and sequel bait for a UYA styled film with Nefarious as the villain
>>
File: rc weapon wheel.png (368 KB, 649x537) Image search: [Google]
rc weapon wheel.png
368 KB, 649x537
>>319620776
Mr Zurkon may be back (AGAIN) but at least we have the Agents of Doom back
>>
>>319620815
it's more likely they will roll all the original games into this movie and if there is another movie it will be focused on the future series
>>
File: Angela_Cross.png (81 KB, 204x502) Image search: [Google]
Angela_Cross.png
81 KB, 204x502
>>319620815
It's not like Going Commando was ever really a great game in terms of plot

>There's some guy who stole a thing you need to stop him
>oh it turns out it's a girl, and a lombax, which apparently isn't a big deal at the time because we didn't decide that Ratchet was supposed to be the only one left
>Qwark is the bad guy for some reason

It took them forever to actually decide if Angela Cross really was a Lombax (where females are taller and lack tails) or not.

if they re-do GC then they'd have to play Angela's species more into the story.
>>
>>319619878
The original game's story was written around the gameplay, whereas the movie is written around what beats work well for a 3-act movie narrative. The movie and game remake also bring Ratchet more in line with how he's characterized in later games. In the original game he was an antisocial asshole, whereas they seem to have reinvented him into a wide-eyed innocent kid who wants to play hero, who (for a film audience, at least) we can more believably see growing into who Ratchet is in the later games.

Moreover, in movies it's really important that the audience likes the main character right away, since they aren't going to bond with them through gameplay like in vidya.
>>
>>319615720
>the Blarg have something to do with the fate of the Lombaxes
Huh, interesting direction they're taking

>>319619614
Ratchet was never really a platformer.
This is a remake, technically a "first game," and one that a lot of people (especially kids) will have introduce them to the R&C franchise. It makes absolute sense that they'd use a bunch of the more popular/iconic Ratchet weapons rather than using a ton of new ones.
I'm not a big fan of Quark's narration, but it doesn't feel out of place when he's had a narration segment or two in every game.
The lore (if we can even call it that) isn't being raped per se, just adapted.

You can't honestly tell me that you think the original story for R&C1 has enough in it to warrant a feature film, do you? Of course they're going to bring in concepts from later in the series, especially Future which was much more narrative-heavy.

>>319620808
>at least it's not as bad as what's happened to Sly.
I hope you just mean the movie's art direction because Sly 4 was great
>>
>>319621180
And remember, we got HAHAHA voicing Ratchet with a new personality because everyone hated his original one.
>>
File: 835693905.png (377 KB, 1041x592) Image search: [Google]
835693905.png
377 KB, 1041x592
>>319620264
Angela wasn't in the first game, but even so Insomniac rarely seems to acknowledge her anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if when it comes time to do a sequel they just skip right over her. It's a shame, because I liked her. I guess they felt like they couldn't keep going on with the "where are the Lombaxes?" story as effectively if Ratchet could be content in having already found one (particularly, a female of breeding age) so they just stuck her on a space bus and forgot about her.
>>
>>319615720

its a remake nigger of course theyre gonna use the old weapons
>>
>>319621714
They mention her in ACiT. Max Apogee was on the run from Tachyon and was protecting Angela.
>>
>>319621714
She was mentioned a few times in CiT over the radio.

One was someone asking if she actually was a lombax (they confirmed she was), and another said she escaped to another universe with Max Apogee. And that's about it.
>>
>>319621179
They eventually did confirm by word-of god that Angela is a Lombax. Female lombax are taller than the males and don't have tails.
>>
>>319621858
Angela also dedicates a song to Ratchet

It never said that they escaped to another universe, just that their ship was found with nobody inside.

But the song dedication implies that she's still around somewhere.
>>
>>319615720
Are the cutscenes just scenes from the movie?
>>
>>319621731
There's using the old weapons from the original game and re-using weapons from the PS3 era

It's the latter.

Ratchet has the Omniwrench Millenium 12 despite him gaining that in Quest for Booty, and originally had the Omniwrench 8000.

The Combuster, Mr Zurkon, Groovitron, Predator Launcher and Fusion Bomb are from Tools of Destruction

The Warmonger is from All4One and the Plasma Striker from CiT.

Most of these were manufactured by Grummelnet too, not Gadgetron. Unless Grummelnet is a subsidiary of Gadgetron.
>>
File: tumblr_np8zsrsHmS1r2cf5uo1_500.png (316 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np8zsrsHmS1r2cf5uo1_500.png
316 KB, 500x708
>>319622035
Maybe there is still hope of seeing her again eventually, since they haven't really forgotten her. She was a pretty significant loose end to leave untied like that.
>>
>>319622149
seems so and i guess that make sense
>>
>>319622387
I don't like it.
>>
>>319621912

You've got your characters mixed up, it's Talwyn.

>>319616498

If what that one anon from that R&C prescreening thread is true, then the entire story is just Qwark recalling the events from the first game.

And we all know how Qwark is when it comes to recalling the past...
>>
>>319622359
I'm gonna say

It doesn't matter.
Because this isn't part of the normal series' timeline
>>
File: Talwyn.png (155 KB, 332x550) Image search: [Google]
Talwyn.png
155 KB, 332x550
>>319622583
Talwyn isn't a lombax, she's the rat tailed elfy girl. She's looking for her father, Max Apogee.

Angela Cross is the tall ass lombax with no tail.
>>
>>319622359
>Most of these were manufactured by Grummelnet too, not Gadgetron. Unless Grummelnet is a subsidiary of Gadgetron.
I'm glad I'm not the only bothered by this.
>>
>>319618140
Don't act like a child.
>>
>>319622743

I know, my posts got mixed up. That bit was for >>319622035.
>>
>>319615720
It looks great. Depending on how good the movie is and how the rest of the game looks, and if they'll do more ratchet and clank games, I might get a ps4.

I just really hope Clank's personality develops to the point it did in the PS2 games. Nothing fancy story-wise, but he's supposed to become a wiseguy from this emotionless robot he starts off with, I hope he doesn't just act like a logic only robot the whole game
>>
>>319623715

The anon I mentioned in >>319622583 said that the writing felt like that it belonged in a DTV film instead of one that's meant for theaters.
>>
Somebody bring me up to date on whats going on in this thread, I stopped playing RC after the space gladiator tv show one
>>
>>319624002

Hop boy, you basically missed out on an entire trilogy and three games.

You may have missed out on the PSP titles as well, but their place in the canon is questionable.
>>
>>319624002
Future happened
>Ratchet (and Angela I guess) is the last of the Lombaxes
>Emporer Percival Tachyon of the Cragmites tries to kill Ratchet and use the Dimensionator to bring the Cragmites back after the Lombaxes rekt them
>Tachyon is the one responsible for the death of the Lombaxes
>Clank gets guardian angel'd by things called the Zoni which have time powers
>After Tachyon is defeated, the Zoni take Clank away
>Dr. Nefarious returns, tricking the Zoni into helping him get Clank so that he can access the Orvus Chamber and control the Great Clock
>Orvus is Clank's dad who is also a Zoni but disappeared/died(?) mysteriously
>Orvus' video diaries and AI constructs within Clank's memory banks prepare him to became the caretaker of the Great Clock, at the center of the universe, maintaining the balance in the space-time continuum
>Meanwhile Ratchet finds another Lombax named Alistar Azimuth who was friends with Ratchet's dad, and wants to use the Great Clock to turn back time and save the Lombaxes
>After completely destroying Nefarious, Azimuth attempts to control the Clock and starts ripping time apart
>Realizing his mistake he sacrifices himself to turn the Clock back and restore time
>Clank promotes his doofy underling to senior caretaker of the Great Clock so he can go back to being best bros with Ratchet
And then Into the Nexus and I left a lot of shit out

Just play the games man
>>
The narrating is just a placeholder, right? Near the end there he was clearly talking over Ratchet. It's like it's there to fill in gaps.
>>
>>319622678
Still is odd considering.
>>
Will it be 60fps?

Insomniac dropped it for a bit so I'm curious if they're going back to it.
>>
>>319625462
Sorry bro, it's 30
>>
>>319625034
I expect there is going to be some narrator / skipping in the game. It has actual footage from the movie in it, and they're obviously not going to have the entire movie's story in the game.
>>
>>319617704
>>319617704
>almost finished typing all this out
>close tab instead of tabbing back
Life is suffering.

>Blaster
Dual Vipers
>Flamethrower
Didn't like any of them
>Shotgun
Shock Blaster
>Rocket Launcher
The Annihilator
>Grenade Launcher
B6-Obliterator
>Sniper Rifle
Flux Rifle
>Animal Morph
Quack-O-Ray
>Melee
Scorpion Flail
>Superweapon
The Harbinger

Where would the Plasma Coil fit? I love that shit.
I haven't finished Ratchet and Clank 1, and I've never played 2.
>>
>>319615720
>cutscenes are reused film scenes
JUST
>>
I just don't like how much he talks in the game. He's always commenting on what's going on, which is annoying. It's like new Lara Croft or the main from that Zero Dawn game: they won't shut the fuck up.

Personally, I liked old Ratchet. It made sense that he was a dick at first. You're the last of your species, then some random fucking robot needs your help. He just has to deal with so much shit. So throughout the series when he begins to develop a liking to being the hero and he's more lively it actually shows how much he's grown. Call it unplanned character development, but it works.

This new Ratchet just seems to happy and naive. He acts like a kid, but then suddenly pulls out combat knowledge out of the ass. With old Ratchet you didn't really question it, but this new one is hard to believe, even if he does want to be a ranger (and assuming he trains); he just doesn't act like one.
>>
>>319626231
>I just don't like how much he talks in the game

*new game, based on the gameplay we've been shown so far. Hopefully they tone it down a bit before release.
>>
>>319626038
Fuck You Your meme is shit
>>
File: Feels of Destruction.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Feels of Destruction.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
If they announce a Ratchet Must Die mode, I might consider it. In retrospect, the games are just too easy.
>>
>>319626231
I remember watching that one one Let's Play of R&C 2 by those couple of Insomniac developers, and apparently, one of the biggest goals with Going Commando was to make Ratchet come off as less of a dick. It was I guess one of their biggest regrets about the first game, to the point of where they basically just built him up from the ground up.

I guess with this, this is their attempt to "fix" the error from the root.
>>
>>319617704
> Blaster
Lancer (GC)

> Flamethrower
Lava Gun/Liquid Nitrogen Gun (un-upgraded in GC or anytime in UYA)

> Shotgun
Constructo Shotgun customised for max accuracy (ACiT)

> Rocket Launcher
Mega-Rocket Tube (GC)

> Grenade Launcher
Mini Nuke (GC)

> Sniper Rifle
Plasma Striker (ACiT)

> Animal Transformation
Quack'o'Blitzer (UYA)

> Melee
Scorpion Flail (Deadlocked)

> Super Weapon
R.Y.N.O (RaC1)
>>
will the reboot have multiplayer?
will the reboot have challenge mode/NG+?

only things i'm interested in
>>
>>319629737
>will the reboot have multiplayer?
As far as I know, no. That's probably why it's $40 and not $60. It would have been a great addition to the game though, for sure.
>will the reboot have challenge mode/NG+?
Not sure.
>>
>>319629737
> Multiplayer

No, unless they are keeping it VERY secret

> NG+/Challange mode

Considering every single Ratchet game has had NG+, and every games since 2 has had harder difficulty and items only attainable in NG+ I think it's a safe bet.
>>
>>319615720
I am opposite, liked that the both of them were just like normal people, either a defect or stuck in middle of nowhere bros chilling till they have to fix a problem, and they keep fixing problems till they accidentally save the galaxy. This extra kid stuff and "must be better than our heroes" crap is so damn cliche that it's annoying as hell. Up your arsenal and Deadlocked were the best ones.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.